The relationship between budget participation and job performance: The roles of budget adequacy and organizational commitment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ferris, Kenneth R., 1981. "Organizational commitment and performance in a professional accounting firm," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 317-325, October.
- Govindarajan, V. & Gupta, Anil K., 1985. "Linking control systems to business unit strategy: impact on performance," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 51-66, January.
- Merchant, Kenneth A., 1985. "Budgeting and the propensity to create budgetary slack," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 201-210, April.
- Selwyn Becker & David Green & Jr., 1962. "Budgeting and Employee Behavior," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35, pages 392-392.
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:2:p:551-573 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chenhall, Robert H. & Brownell, Peter, 1988. "The effect of participative budgeting on job satisfaction and performance: Role ambiguity as an intervening variable," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 225-233, April.
- repec:bla:joares:v:20:y:1982:i:2:p:589-603 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mia, Lokman, 1988. "Managerial attitude, motivation and the effectiveness of budget participation," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 465-475, August.
- Ferris, Kenneth R. & Larcker, David F., 1983. "Explanatory variables of auditor performance in a large public accounting firm," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-11, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Armelle Godener & Marianela Fornerino & Daniel Ray, 2008. "La satisfaction des utilisateurs du contrôle de gestion et leur performance managériale," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) halshs-00525349, HAL.
- Bonache, Adrien & Maurice, Jonathan & Georgescu, Irène, 2009.
"Enseignement d'une meta-analyse sur le lien participation budgétaire-performance managériale
[Lesson from Meta-analysis for the relation between budgetary participation and managerial performance]," MPRA Paper 12958, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Adrien Bonache & Jonathan Maurice & Moris Karen & Irène Georgescu, 2009. "Enseignements D'Une Meta-Analyse Sur Le Lien Participation Budgetaire-Performance Manageriale," Post-Print halshs-00460130, HAL.
- Adrien Bonache & Jonathan Maurice & Karen Moris, 2010. "Participation budgétaire et performance managériale:Une combinaison de méta-analyses -Budgetary participation and managerial performance:A combination of meta-analyses," Working Papers CREGO 1101001, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Arnold, Markus C. & Artz, Martin, 2015. "Target difficulty, target flexibility, and firm performance: Evidence from business units’ targets," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 61-77.
- Utz Schäffer & Michael Zyder, 2007. "Eine Analyse des moderierenden Einflusses der Faktoren Wettbewerbsintensität, Marktdynamik und dezentrale Autonomie auf die erfolgreiche Gestaltung der Budgetierung," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 7-33, April.
- Chenhall, Robert H., 2008. "Accounting for the horizontal organization: A review essay," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(4-5), pages 517-550.
- Cheok MUI YEE & Edward WONG SEK KHIN & Kamisah ISMAIL, 2016. "An analysis of budgetary goals impacting organizational performance," The Audit Financiar journal, Chamber of Financial Auditors of Romania, vol. 14(137), pages 551-551, April.
- Van der Stede, Wim A. & Young, S. Mark & Chen, Clara Xiaoling, 2005. "Assessing the quality of evidence in empirical management accounting research: The case of survey studies," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 30(7-8), pages 655-684.
- Chenhall, Robert H., 2003. "Management control systems design within its organizational context: findings from contingency-based research and directions for the future," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 127-168.
- Shields, Michael D. & Deng, F. Johnny & Kato, Yutaka, 2000. "The design and effects of control systems: tests of direct- and indirect-effects models," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 185-202, February.
- repec:eee:spacre:v:20:y:2017:i:1:p:73-81 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephan Kramer & Frank Hartmann, 2014. "How Top-down and Bottom-up Budgeting Affect Budget Slack and Performance through Social and Economic Exchange," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 50(3), pages 314-340, September.
- Macinati, Manuela S. & Rizzo, Marco G., 2014. "Budget goal commitment, clinical managers’ use of budget information and performance," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 228-238.
- repec:eee:spacre:v:19:y:2016:i:1:p:102-110 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ris:sphecs:0279 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sebastian Goebel & Barbara E. Weißenberger, 2017. "Effects of management control mechanisms: towards a more comprehensive analysis," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 87(2), pages 185-219, February.
- Armelle Godener & Marianela Fornerino & Daniel Ray, 2008. "La satisfaction des utilisateurs du contrôle de gestion et leur performance managériale," Post-Print halshs-00525349, HAL.
- Cadez, Simon & Guilding, Chris, 2008. "An exploratory investigation of an integrated contingency model of strategic management accounting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(7-8), pages 836-863.
- Luft, Joan & Shields, Michael D., 2003. "Mapping management accounting: graphics and guidelines for theory-consistent empirical research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 169-249.
- Jaramillo, Fernando & Mulki, Jay Prakash & Marshall, Greg W., 2005. "A meta-analysis of the relationship between organizational commitment and salesperson job performance: 25 years of research," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(6), pages 705-714, June.
- Parker, Robert J. & Kyj, Larissa, 2006. "Vertical information sharing in the budgeting process," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 27-45, January.
- manuela S. Macinati & Marco G. Rizzo & Gianluca D'Agostino, 2014. "Partecipazione al processo di budget, accuratezza e utilità delle informazioni di budget e performance. I risultati di un caso studi," MECOSAN. Menagement e economia sanitaria, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(92), pages 55-75.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:aosoci:v:23:y:1998:i:5-6:p:467-483. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/aos .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.