More on Confidence Intervals for Partially Identified Parameters
This paper extends Imbens and Manski's (2004) analysis of confidence intervals for interval identified parameters. The extension is motivated by the discovery that for their final result, Imbens and Manski implicitly assumed locally superefficient estimation of a nuisance parameter. Copyright 2009 The Econometric Society.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 77 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (07)
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: 1 212 998 3820|
Fax: 1 212 995 4487
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: https://www.econometricsociety.org/publications/econometrica/access/ordering-back-issues Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Leeb, Hannes & P tscher, Benedikt M., 2005. "Model Selection And Inference: Facts And Fiction," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(01), pages 21-59, February.
- Donald W. K. Andrews, 2000. "Inconsistency of the Bootstrap when a Parameter Is on the Boundary of the Parameter Space," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(2), pages 399-406, March.
- Guido Imbens & Charles F. Manski, 2003.
"Confidence intervals for partially identified parameters,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP09/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Guido W. Imbens & Charles F. Manski, 2004. "Confidence Intervals for Partially Identified Parameters," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 72(6), pages 1845-1857, November.
- Fan, Yanqin & Park, Sang Soo, 2010. "Confidence sets for some partially identified parameters," MPRA Paper 37149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Philip A. Haile & Elie Tamer, 2003.
"Inference with an Incomplete Model of English Auctions,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(1), pages 1-51, February.
- Haile,P.A. & Tamer,E.T., 2000. "Inference with an incomplete model of English auctions," Working papers 18, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Philip Haile, 2000. "Inference with an Incomplete Model of English Auctions," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1546, Econometric Society.
- Bo E. Honoré & Elie Tamer, 2006. "Bounds on Parameters in Panel Dynamic Discrete Choice Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(3), pages 611-629, 05.
- Leeb, Hannes & Potscher, Benedikt M., 2008.
"Sparse estimators and the oracle property, or the return of Hodges' estimator,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 201-211, January.
- Hannes Leeb & Benedikt M. Poetscher, 2005. "Sparse Estimators and the Oracle Property, or the Return of Hodges' Estimator," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1500, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Apr 2007.
- Donald W. K. Andrews & Gustavo Soares, 2010.
"Inference for Parameters Defined by Moment Inequalities Using Generalized Moment Selection,"
Econometric Society, vol. 78(1), pages 119-157, 01.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Gustavo Soares, 2007. "Inference for Parameters Defined by Moment Inequalities Using Generalized Moment Selection," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1631, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Andrews, Donald W.K. & Guggenberger, Patrik, 2009.
"Validity Of Subsampling And “Plug-In Asymptotic” Inference For Parameters Defined By Moment Inequalities,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 669-709, June.
- Donald W.K. Andrews & Patrik Guggenberger, 2007. "Validity of Subsampling and "Plug-in Asymptotic" Inference for Parameters Defined by Moment Inequalities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1620, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ecm:emetrp:v:77:y:2009:i:4:p:1299-1315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.