Infrastructure And Regional Development: Interlinkages In India
Imbalances in regional infrastructural availability have been a major reason behind lopsided development in India. This paper examines the veracity of this argument in light of empirical results at the district level using a multidimensional approach with sub-sectoral, sectoral and composite indices of development and infrastructural availability. Significant association between infrastructural and development levels of regions is observed, though the magnitude has declined in recent years. This association is different for regions at different stages of development. The findings suggest that identification of specific requirements of different regions, benefit-cost analysis, followed by infrastructural expansion are major planks of balanced regional development.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 40 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: University of Delhi, Delhi 110 007|
Phone: 91-11-2766-6533/34/35, 2766-6703/04/05
Web page: http://www.ierdse.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.ierdse.org/ Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2004. "Infrastructure And Regional Development In India," MPRA Paper 4814, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Majumder, Rajarshi, 2003. "Infrastructural Facilities in India: District Level Availability Index," MPRA Paper 4779, University Library of Munich, Germany.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dse:indecr:v:40:y:2005:i:2:p:167-184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Pami Dua)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.