Does It Pay to Shock? Reactions to Shocking and Nonshocking Advertising Content among University Students
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Selma Kadić-Maglajlić & Maja Arslanagić-Kalajdžić & Milena Micevski & Nina Michaelidou & Ekaterina Nemkova, 2017. "Controversial Advert Perceptions in SNS Advertising: The Role of Ethical Judgement and Religious Commitment," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 141(2), pages 249-265, March.
- Ouidade Sabri, 2017. "Does Viral Communication Context Increase the Harmfulness of Controversial Taboo Advertising?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 141(2), pages 235-247, March.
- Hartmann, Patrick & Apaolaza, Vanessa & D'Souza, Clare & Echebarria, Carmen & Barrutia, Jose M., 2013. "Nuclear power threats, public opposition and green electricity adoption: Effects of threat belief appraisal and fear arousal," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1366-1376.
- repec:kap:mktlet:v:29:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11002-018-9459-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Caroline Moraes & Nina Michaelidou, 2017. "Introduction to the Special Thematic Symposium on the Ethics of Controversial Online Advertising," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 141(2), pages 231-233, March.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4232 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sabri, Ouidade & Obermiller, Carl, 2012. "Consumer perception of taboo in ads," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(6), pages 869-873.
- Ioannis Kareklas & Darrel D. Muehling, 2014. "Addressing the Texting and Driving Epidemic: Mortality Salience Priming Effects on Attitudes and Behavioral Intentions," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(2), pages 223-250, June.
- Giebelhausen, Michael & Novak, Thomas P., 2012. "Web advertising: Sexual content on eBay," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(6), pages 840-842.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Shock value in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Shock advertising in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Benetton Group in Wikipedia Finnish ne '')
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:jadres:v:43:y:2003:i:03:p:268-280_03. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_JAR .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.