Are blue chip stock market indices good proxies for all-shares market indices? The case of the Brussels Stock Exchange 1833–2005
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Orphanides, Athanasios, 2004.
"Monetary policy in deflation: the liquidity trap in history and practice,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 101-124, March.
- Athanasios Orphanides, 2004. "Monetary policy in deflation: the liquidity trap in history and practice," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2004-01, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Gauti B. Eggertsson, 2008. "Great Expectations and the End of the Depression," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1476-1516, September.
- Gauti B. Eggertsson & Benjamin Pugsley, 2006. "The Mistake of 1937: A General Equilibrium Analysis," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 24(S1), pages 151-190, December.
- Romer, Christina D., 1992. "What Ended the Great Depression?," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(04), pages 757-784, December.
- Harold L. Cole & Lee E. Ohanian, 2004.
"New Deal Policies and the Persistence of the Great Depression: A General Equilibrium Analysis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(4), pages 779-816, August.
- Harold L. Cole & Lee E. Ohanian, 2001. "New Deal policies and the persistence of the Great Depression: a general equilibrium analysis," Working Papers 597, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jordï¿½, ï¿½scar & Knoll, Katharina & Kuvshinov, Dmitry & Schularick, Moritz & Taylor, Alan M., 2017.
"The Rate of Return on Everything, 1870-2015,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
12509, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Òscar Jordà & Katharina Knoll & Dmitry Kuvshinov & Moritz Schularick & Alan M. Taylor, 2017. "The Rate of Return on Everything, 1870–2015," NBER Working Papers 24112, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jorda, Oscar & Knoll, Katharina & Kuvshinov, Dmitry & Schularick, Moritz & Taylor, Alan M., 2017. "The Rate of Return on Everything, 1870–2015," Working Paper Series 2017-25, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Prat, Georges, 2013.
"Equity risk premium and time horizon: What do the U.S. secular data say?,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 76-88.
- Georges Prat, 2010. "Equity Risk Premium and Time Horizon : What do the U.S. Secular Data Say ?," EconomiX Working Papers 2010-22, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Georges Prat, 2012. "Equity risk premium and time horizon: what do the U.S. secular data say?," Working Papers 12-06, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC).
- Raphael Hekimian & David Le Bris, 2016. "US Crashes of 2008 and 1929 How did the French market react? An empirical study," EconomiX Working Papers 2016-21, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Annaert, Jan & Mensah, Lord, 2014. "Cross-sectional predictability of stock returns, evidence from the 19th century Brussels Stock Exchange (1873–1914)," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 22-43.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cup:fihrev:v:18:y:2011:i:03:p:277-308_00. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Keith Waters). General contact details of provider: http://journals.cambridge.org/jid_FHR .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.