Mutations urbaines et logiques de localisation des emplois : le cas de la communauté de l'agglomeration Dijonnaise (1990, 1999)
The aim of this paper is to analyze the spatial changes in the Dijon urban area (COMADI) by studying in particular the new tendencies of localization of the high order producer services. Our results display a multicentric structure of the COMADI which exhibits several employment poles. Not only the economic composition of these poles differs between the central pole and the peripheral ones but this composition changes over the study period (1990-1999). New localization logics appear for the high order services : if the historical center remains specialized in financial activities, insurance and real estate (FIRE), the other producer services are more likely to be localized in the periphery. A distinction has to be made between the two peripheral poles: the South pole is oriented toward industrial activities and the North one is more a multifunctional pole. Classification JEL : L80, R12, R30.
Volume (Year): octobre (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- BAUMONT, Catherine & BOURDON, Françoise, 2002. "Centres secondaires et recomposition économique des espaces urbains.Le cas de la Communauté de l'Agglomération Dijonnaise (1990 ; 1999)," LATEC - Document de travail - Economie (1991-2003) 2002-04, LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS UMR 5118, Université de Bourgogne.
- Giuliano, Genevieve & Small, Kenneth A., 1991.
"Subcenters in the Los Angeles Region,"
University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers
qt7xv976dj, University of California Transportation Center.
- Giuliano, Genevieve & Small, Kenneth A., 1991. "Subcenters in the Los Angeles Region," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt6ts0t95w, University of California Transportation Center.
- Frédéric Gaschet, 2002. "articles: The new intra-urban dynamics: Suburbanisation and functional specialisation in French cities," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 81(1), pages 63-81.
- BOITEUX-ORAIN, Céline & GUILLAIN, Rachel, 2003. "Changes in the intra-metropolitan location of producer services in Ile-De-France (1978-1997): do information technologies promote a more dispersed spatial pattern," LEG - Document de travail - Economie 2003-06, LEG, Laboratoire d'Economie et de Gestion, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- W J Coffey & M Pol�se & R Drolet, 1996. "Examining the thesis of central business district decline: evidence from the Montreal metropolitan area," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 28(10), pages 1795-1814, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:rerarc:reru_044_0579. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.