Mutations urbaines et logiques de localisation des emplois : le cas de la communauté de l'agglomeration Dijonnaise (1990, 1999)
The aim of this paper is to analyze the spatial changes in the Dijon urban area (COMADI) by studying in particular the new tendencies of localization of the high order producer services. Our results display a multicentric structure of the COMADI which exhibits several employment poles. Not only the economic composition of these poles differs between the central pole and the peripheral ones but this composition changes over the study period (1990-1999). New localization logics appear for the high order services : if the historical center remains specialized in financial activities, insurance and real estate (FIRE), the other producer services are more likely to be localized in the periphery. A distinction has to be made between the two peripheral poles: the South pole is oriented toward industrial activities and the North one is more a multifunctional pole. Classification JEL : L80, R12, R30.
Volume (Year): octobre (2004)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.cairn.info/revue-d-economie-regionale-et-urbaine.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- BOITEUX-ORAIN, Céline & GUILLAIN, Rachel, 2003.
"Changes in the intra-metropolitan location of producer services in Ile-De-France (1978-1997): do information technologies promote a more dispersed spatial pattern,"
LEG - Document de travail - Economie
2003-06, LEG, Laboratoire d'Economie et de Gestion, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- Céline Boîteux-Orain & Rachel Guillain, 2004. "Changes in the Intrametropolitan Location of Producer Services in Île-de-France (1978–1997): Do Information Technologies Promote a More Dispersed Spatial Pattern?," Post-Print halshs-00008779, HAL.
- Giuliano, Genevieve & Small, Kenneth A., 1991. "Subcenters in the Los Angeles region," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 163-182, July.
- Giuliano, Genevieve & Small, Kenneth A., 1991. "Subcenters in the Los Angeles Region," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt6ts0t95w, University of California Transportation Center.
- Giuliano, Genevieve & Small, Kenneth A., 1991. "Subcenters in the Los Angeles Region," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt7xv976dj, University of California Transportation Center.
- Frédéric Gaschet, 2002. "articles: The new intra-urban dynamics: Suburbanisation and functional specialisation in French cities," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 81(1), pages 63-81.
- BAUMONT, Catherine & BOURDON, Françoise, 2002. "Centres secondaires et recomposition économique des espaces urbains.Le cas de la Communauté de l'Agglomération Dijonnaise (1990 ; 1999)," LATEC - Document de travail - Economie (1991-2003) 2002-04, LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS UMR 5118, Université de Bourgogne.
- W J Coffey & M PolÃ¨se & R Drolet, 1996. "Examining the Thesis of Central Business District Decline: Evidence from the Montreal Metropolitan Area," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 28(10), pages 1795-1814, October.
- W J Coffey & M Polèse & R Drolet, 1996. "Examining the thesis of central business district decline: evidence from the Montreal metropolitan area," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 28(10), pages 1795-1814, October.