The Demand For Food In South Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Dunne, J. P. & Smith, R. P., 1983. "The allocative efficiency of government expenditure: Some comparative tests," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-3), pages 381-394, January.
- EA Selvanathan & Saroja Selvanathan, 2003. "Consumer Demand in South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 71(2), pages 170-181, June.
- Karagiannis, Giannis & Katranidis, Stelios D. & Velentzas, K., 2000.
"An error correction almost ideal demand system for meat in Greece,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 22(1), January.
- Karagiannis, G. & Katranidis, S. & Velentzas, K., 2000. "An error correction almost ideal demand system for meat in Greece," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(1), pages 29-35, January.
- Agbola, Frank W. & Maitra, Pushkar & McLaren, Keith Robert, 2003. "On The Estimation Of Demand Systems With Large Number Of Goods: An Application To South Africa Household Food Demand," 2003 Annual Conference, October 2-3, 2003, Pretoria, South Africa 19097, Agricultural Economic Association of South Africa (AEASA).
- E. Contogiannis, 1982. "Consumer Demand Functions in South Africa: An Application of the Houthakker and Taylor Model," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 50(2), pages 81-89, June.
- Taljaard, Pieter R. & Alemu, Zerihun Gudeta & van Schalkwyk, Herman D., 2004. "The demand for meat in South Africa: An almost ideal estimation," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 43(4), December.
- Dunne, John Paul & Pashardes, Panos & Smith, Ronald P, 1984. "Needs, Costs and Bureaucracy: The Allocation of Public Consumption in the UK," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(373), pages 1-15, March.
- Anderson, G J & Blundell, R W, 1982. "Estimation and Hypothesis Testing in Dynamic Singular Equation Systems," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1559-1571, November.
- John Eakins & Liam Gallagher, 2003. "Dynamic almost ideal demand systems: an empirical analysis of alcohol expenditure in Ireland," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(9), pages 1025-1036.
- Smith, R P, 1989. "Models of Military Expenditure," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(4), pages 345-359, Oct.-Dec..
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1999. "U.S. Food and Nutrient Demand and the Effects of Agricultural Policies," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt52h9v4dq, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- LaFrance, Jeffrey T., 1999. "An Econometric Model of the Demand for Food and Nutrition," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt2z5516c2, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Clifton B. Luttrell, 1973. "The Russian wheat deal-hindsight vs. foresight," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 2-9.
- repec:cdl:agrebk:9955 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sims, Christopher A, 1980. "Macroeconomics and Reality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(1), pages 1-48, January.
- Magnus, Jan R & Morgan, Mary S, 1997. "Design of the Experiment," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 459-465, Sept.-Oct.
- Keller, W.J. & Van Driel, J., 1985. "Differential consumer demand systems," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 375-390.
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
- Magnus, Jan R & Morgan, Mary S, 1997. "The Data: A Brief Description," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 651-661, Sept.-Oct.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rankin Neil & Burger Rulof & Coetzee Wicus & Kreuser Friedrich, 2015. "Income and price elasticities of demand in South Africa: An application of the linear expenditure system," WIDER Working Paper Series 100, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Steven F. Koch & Adel Bosch, 2009. "Inflation and the Household: Towards a Measurement of the Welfare Costs of Inflation," Working Papers 200917, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
More about this item
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:sajeco:v:76:y:2008:i:1:p:104-117. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/essaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.