Agency, Delayed Compensation, and the Structure of Executive Remuneration
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jonathan Eaton & Harvey S. Rosen, 1982. "Agency Delayed Compensation, and the Structure of Executive Remuneration," Working Papers 533, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Jonathan Eaton & Harvey S. Rosen, 1981. "Agency, Delayed Compensation, and the Structure of Executive Remuneration," NBER Working Papers 0777, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wilbur G. Lewellen, 1968. "Executive Compensation in Large Industrial Corporations," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number lewe68-1.
- Rosen, Sherwin, 1974. "Hedonic Prices and Implicit Markets: Product Differentiation in Pure Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(1), pages 34-55, Jan.-Feb..
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Masson, Robert Tempest, 1971. "Executive Motivations, Earnings, and Consequent Equity Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 1278-1292, Nov.-Dec..
- Goldberg, Victor P., 1980. "Bridges over contested terrain : Exploring the radical account of the employment relationship," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 249-274, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martin Bugeja & Stephanie Fohn & Zoltan Matolcsy & Neil Fargher, 2016. "Determinants of the levels and changes in non-executive director compensation," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 56(3), pages 627-667, September.
- Antia, Murad & Pantzalis, Christos & Park, Jung Chul, 2010. "CEO decision horizon and firm performance: An empirical investigation," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 288-301, June.
- Bushman, Robert M. & Indjejikian, Raffi J. & Smith, Abbie, 1996. "CEO compensation: The role of individual performance evaluation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 161-193, April.
- Muurling, Rutger & Lehnert, Thorsten, 2004. "Option-based compensation: a survey," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 365-401.
- Kedia, Simi, 2006. "Estimating product market competition: Methodology and application," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 875-894, March.
- Uchida, Konari, 2006. "Determinants of stock option use by Japanese companies," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 251-269.
- repec:col:000385:015974 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oxelheim, Lars & Randoy, Trond, 2003.
"The impact of foreign board membership on firm value,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2369-2392, December.
- Oxelheim, Lars & Randøy, Trond, 2001. "The Impact of Foreign Board Membership on Firm Value," Working Paper Series 567, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Trond Randøy & Jim Nielsen, 2002. "Company Performance, Corporate Governance, and CEO Compensation in Norway and Sweden," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 6(1), pages 57-81, March.
- Basma Sellami Mezghanni, 2010. "How Ceo Attributes Affect Firm R&D Spending? New Evidence From A Panel Of French Firms," Post-Print hal-00479532, HAL.
- Yermack, David, 1995. "Do corporations award CEO stock options effectively?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 237-269.
- Engesaeth, E.J.P., 2011. "Managerial compensation contracting," Other publications TiSEM 5eb8d152-e701-4e5c-8852-7, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Tzioumis, Konstantinos, 2008. "Why do firms adopt CEO stock options? Evidence from the United States," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 100-111, October.
- Mehran, Hamid, 1995. "Executive compensation structure, ownership, and firm performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 163-184, June.
- Chung, Kee H. & Pruitt, Stephen W., 1996. "Executive ownership, corporate value, and executive compensation: A unifying framework," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 1135-1159, August.
- Hingorani, Archana & Lehn, Kenneth & Makhija, Anil K., 1997. "Investor behavior in mass privatization: The case of the Czech voucher scheme," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 349-396, June.
- Ricart, Joan E. & Corrales, Jose M., 2000. "Managerial appraisal and compensation: The case of Spain," IESE Research Papers D/413, IESE Business School.
- Lim, Terence & Lo, Andrew W. & Merton, Robert C. & Scholes, Myron S., 2006. "The Derivatives Sourcebook," Foundations and Trends(R) in Finance, now publishers, vol. 1(5–6), pages 365-572, April.
- Dee, Carol Callaway & Lulseged, Ayalew & Nowlin, Tanya S., 2005. "Executive compensation and risk: The case of internet firms," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 80-96, December.
- Waldron, Theodore L. & Graffin, Scott D. & Porac, Joseph F. & Wade, James B., 2013. "Third-party endorsements of CEO quality, managerial discretion, and stakeholder reactions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2592-2599.
- Ricart, Joan E. & Alvarez, Jose L. & Gallo, Miguel A., 1998. "Governance mechanisms for effective leadership: The case of Spain," IESE Research Papers D/371, IESE Business School.
More about this item
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jfinan:v:38:y:1983:i:5:p:1489-1505. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.