Subsistence Agriculture in Transition Economies: Its Roles and Determinants
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Philip Kostov & John Lingard, 2004. "Subsistence Agriculture in Transition Economies: its Roles and Determinants," Others 0410004, EconWPA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Aaron S. Edlin & Mario Epelbaum & Walter P. Heller, 1998. "Is Perfect Price Discrimination Really Efficient?: Welfare and Existence in General Equilibrium," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(4), pages 897-922, July.
- Sarris, Alexander H & Doucha, Tomas & Mathijs, Erik, 1999. "Agricultural Restructuring in Central and Eastern Europe: Implications for Competitiveness and Rural Development," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 26(3), pages 305-329, August.
- Nigel Key & Elisabeth Sadoulet & Alain De Janvry, 2000. "Transactions Costs and Agricultural Household Supply Response," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 82(2), pages 245-259.
- Hans P. Binswanger, 1980.
"Attitudes Toward Risk: Experimental Measurement in Rural India,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 62(3), pages 395-407.
- Hans Binswanger, 1980. "Attitudes toward risk: Experimental measurement in rural india," Artefactual Field Experiments 00009, The Field Experiments Website.
- Dehez, Pierre & Dreze, Jacques, 1988.
"Competitive equilibria with quantity-taking producers and increasing returns to scale,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 209-230, April.
- DEHEZ, Pierre & DREZE, Jacques, 1988. "Competitive equilibria with quantity-taking producers and increasing returns to scale," CORE Discussion Papers RP 819, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ben-David, Dan, 1998.
"Convergence clubs and subsistence economies,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 155-171, February.
- Ben-David,D., 1995. "Convergence Clubs and Subsistence Economies," Papers 43-95, Tel Aviv.
- Dan Ben-David, 1997. "Convergence Clubs and Subsistence Economies," NBER Working Papers 6267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben-David, Dan, 1997. "Convergence Clubs and Subsistence Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 1745, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Adam Ozanne, 1999. "Perverse supply response in peasant agriculture: A review," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(2), pages 251-270.
- Kornai, Janos, 1992. "The Socialist System: The Political Economy of Communism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198287766.
- Sharif, Mohammed, 1986. "The Concept and measurement of subsistence: A survey of the literature," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 555-577, May.
- Paul Caskie, 2000. "Back to Basics: Household Food Production in Russia," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(2), pages 196-209.
- Mergos, G. & Stoforos, C. & Mishev, P. & Ivanova, N., 2001. "Analysing agricultural policy reforms under transition in Bulgaria," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 475-493, October.
- C. Peter Timmer, 1997. "Farmers and Markets: The Political Economy of New Paradigms," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 79(2), pages 621-627.
- Hans Löfgren & Sherman Robinson, 1999. "Nonseparable Farm Household Decisions in a Computable General Equilibrium Model," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 81(3), pages 663-670.
- Donald J. Brown & Geoffrey Heal, 1979. "Equity, Efficiency and Increasing Returns," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 571-585.
- Philip Kostov, 2004. "Transition, agricultural decommercialisation, and their implications for quantitative modelling," Others 0409008, EconWPA.
- Plamen Mishev & Philip Kostov, 2004. "Decision making pattern of subsistence farmers in Bulgaria," Others 0409012, EconWPA.
- Seeth, Harm Tho & Chachnov, Sergei & Surinov, Alexander & Von Braun, Joachim, 1998. "Russian poverty: Muddling through economic transition with garden plots," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(9), pages 1611-1624, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Solís & Boris E. Bravo-Ureta & Ricardo E. Quiroga, 2009. "Technical Efficiency among Peasant Farmers Participating in Natural Resource Management Programmes in Central America," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(1), pages 202-219.
- Kan, Iddo & Kimhi, Ayal & Lerman, Zvi, 2006.
"Farm Output, Non-Farm Income, and Commercialization in Rural Georgia,"
eJADE: electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics,
Food and Agriculture Organization, Agricultural and Development Economics Division, vol. 3(2).
- Iddo Kan & Ayal Kimhi & Zvi Lerman, 2006. "Farm output, non-farm income and commercialization in rural Georgia," The Electronic Journal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, vol. 3(2), pages 276-286.
- Kan, Iddo & Kimhi, Ayal & Lerman, Zvi, 2006. "Farm Output, Non-Farm Income, And Commercialization In Rural Georgia," Discussion Papers 7179, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Department of Agricultural Economics and Management.
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Latruffe, Laure, 2009. "Determinants for fallowing land: The case of Kosovo," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51626, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Latruffe, Laure & Davidova, Sophia & Desjeux, Yann, 2008. "Perpetuation of subsistence farming in Western Balkans: the role of factor market imperfections," 82nd Annual Conference, March 31 - April 2, 2008, Royal Agricultural College, Cirencester, UK 36860, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Sophia Davidova & Lena Fredriksson & Alastair Bailey, 2009.
"Subsistence and semi-subsistence farming in selected EU new member states,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(s1), pages 733-744, November.
- Davidova, Sophia & Fredriksson, Lena & Bailey, Alastair, 2009. "Subsistence and Semi-subsistence Farming in Selected EU New Member States," 111th Seminar, June 26-27, 2009, Canterbury, UK 52801, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Sophia Davidova & Lena Fredriksson & Alastair Bailey, 2009. "Subsistence and Semi-Subsistence Farming in Selected EU New Member States," Studies in Economics 0920, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Sauer, Johannes & Davidova, Sophia & Latruffe, Laure, 2009. "Determinants of the Fallowing Decision in Kosovo," 83rd Annual Conference, March 30-April 1, 2009, Dublin, Ireland 51072, Agricultural Economics Society.
- G. Page West III & Charles E. Bamford & Jesse W. Marsden, 2008. "Contrasting Entrepreneurial Economic Developments in Less-Developed Latin American Markets: Applications and Extensions of Resource-Based Theory," Discussion Paper Series 2008-03, McColl School of Business, Queens University of Charlotte.
- Wolz, Axel & Fritzsch, Jana & Shterev, Nikolai & Buchenrieder, Gertrud & Paloma, Sergio Gomez y, 0. "Semi-Subsistence Farming, Farm Income and Social Capital in Bulgaria â€“ Is there a Link?," Quarterly Journal of International Agriculture, Humboldt-UniversitÃ¤t zu Berlin, vol. 49.
- Kostov, Philip & Lingard, John, 2005. "Disentangling the Social and Economic Dimensions of Agricultural Behaviour: What Role for Institutions and Social Capital?," 94th Seminar, April 9-10, 2005, Ashford, UK 24436, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kathrin Happe & Hauke Schnicke & Christoph Sahrbacher & Konrad Kellermann, 2009. "Will They Stay or Will They Go? Simulating the Dynamics of Single-Holder Farms in a Dualistic Farm Structure in Slovakia," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 57(4), pages 497-511, December.
- Bruckner, Martin & Fischer, Günther & Tramberend, Sylvia & Giljum, Stefan, 2015. "Measuring telecouplings in the global land system: A review and comparative evaluation of land footprint accounting methods," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 114(C), pages 11-21.
- Latruffe, Laure & Davidova, Sophia & Desjeux, Yann, 2007. "Market Imperfections and Subsistence Farming: The Case of Kosovo," 100th Seminar, June 21-23, 2007, Novi Sad, Serbia and Montenegro 162351, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Szumelda Anna, 2013. "Is Small Beautiful? The Debate on the Future of Small Individual Farms in Poland," Eastern European Countryside, De Gruyter Open, vol. 19, pages 219-250, December.
- Kujáni, Katalin Olga, 2011. "The French multifunctional model and the short food supply chain as adaptable examples in the case of small and self- subsistence farms in the EU new member states," Problems of World Agriculture / Problemy Rolnictwa Åšwiatowego, WydziaÅ‚ Nauk Ekonomicznych, Uniwersytet Warszawski, vol. 11(26).
More about this item
- P - Economic Systems
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Z - Other Special Topics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jageco:v:55:y:2004:i:3:p:565-579. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0021-857X .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.