Non-Linearity Of Audit Prices And Reputation In Developing Countries: Shift To Or From?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Apostolos Ballas & Irene Fafaliou, 2008. "Market Shares and Concentration in the EU Auditing Industry: the Effects of Andersen’s Demise," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 14(4), pages 485-497, November.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:14:y:2008:i:4:p:485-497 is not listed on IDEAS
- Salau ABDULMALIK O. & Ayoib CHE AHMAD, 2016. "Boardroom diversity and audit fees: director ethnicity, independence and nationality," The Audit Financiar journal, Chamber of Financial Auditors of Romania, vol. 14(136), pages 413-413, Aprilie.
- Timothy B. Bell & Rajib Doogar & Ira Solomon, 2008. "Audit Labor Usage and Fees under Business Risk Auditing," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 729-760, September.
- Elizabeth Carson & Neil Fargher, 2007. "Note on audit fee premiums to client size and industry specialization," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 47(3), pages 423-446, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Elizabeth Carson & Roger Simnett & Ulrike Thürheimer & Ann Vanstraelen, 2022. "Involvement of Component Auditors in Multinational Group Audits: Determinants, Audit Quality, and Audit Fees," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(4), pages 1419-1462, September.
- Yang Xu & Elizabeth Carson & Neil Fargher & Liwei Jiang, 2013. "Responses by Australian auditors to the global financial crisis," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 53(1), pages 301-338, March.
- Frecka, Thomas J. & Griffin, Jeremy B. & Stevens, Jennifer Sustersic, 2018. "Transparency and the audit industry? Not in the U.S. Evidence on audit production costs, profitability and partner compensation from the U.K," Research in Accounting Regulation, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 73-81.
- Ghafran, Chaudhry & O'Sullivan, Noel, 2017. "The impact of audit committee expertise on audit quality: Evidence from UK audit fees," The British Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(6), pages 578-593.
- Samuel Jebaraj Benjamin, 2019. "The Effect of Financial Constraints on Audit Fees," Capital Markets Review, Malaysian Finance Association, vol. 27(2), pages 59-87.
- Suyon Kim, 2021. "Does Engagement Partners’ Effort Affect Audit Quality? With a Focus on the Effects of Internal Control System," Risks, MDPI, vol. 9(12), pages 1-17, December.
- Habib, Ahsan, 2011. "Audit firm industry specialization and audit outcomes: Insights from academic literature," Research in Accounting Regulation, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 114-129.
- Paul A. Griffin & David H. Lont & Yuan Sun, 2009. "Governance regulatory changes, International Financial Reporting Standards adoption, and New Zealand audit and non‐audit fees: empirical evidence," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 49(4), pages 697-724, December.
- Cory Cassell & Emily Hunt & Gans Narayanamoorthy & Stephen P. Rowe, 2019. "A hidden risk of auditor industry specialization: evidence from the financial crisis," Review of Accounting Studies, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 891-926, September.
- Etienne Redor, 2017. "Board Turnover, Director Characteristics and Audit Fees," Post-Print hal-01624979, HAL.
- Meiying Hua & Pervaiz Alam, 2021. "Audit Quality and Environment, Social, and Governance Risks," International Journal of Business Research and Management (IJBRM), Computer Science Journals (CSC Journals), vol. 12(2), pages 50-75, April.
- Hope, Ole-Kristian & Hu, Danqi & Zhao, Wuyang, 2017. "Third-party consequences of short-selling threats: The case of auditor behavior," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 479-498.
- Brandon Gipper & Luzi Hail & Christian Leuz, 2017.
"On the Economics of Audit Partner Tenure and Rotation: Evidence from PCAOB Data,"
NBER Working Papers
24018, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gipper, Brandon & Hail, Luzi & Leuz, Christian, 2017. "On the Economics of Audit Partner Tenure and Rotation: Evidence from PCAOB Data," Research Papers repec:ecl:stabus:3588, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Gipper, Brandon & Hail, Luzi & Leuz, Christian, 2018. "On the economics of audit partner tenure and rotation: Evidence from PCAOB data," CFS Working Paper Series 608, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Wouter Dutillieux & Donald Stokes & Marleen Willekens & Gary Monroe, 2013. "Strategic pricing by Big 4 audit firms in private client segments," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 53(4), pages 961-994, December.
- Duellman, Scott & Hurwitz, Helen & Sun, Yan, 2015. "Managerial overconfidence and audit fees," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 148-165.
- Kharuddin, Khairul Ayuni Mohd & Basioudis, Ilias G & Farooque, Omar Al, 2021. "Effects of the Big 4 national and city-level industry expertise on audit quality in the United Kingdom," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 43(C).
- Neal Arthur & Medhat Endrawes & Shawn Ho, 2017. "Impact of Partner Change on Audit Quality: An Analysis of Partner and Firm Specialisation Effects," Australian Accounting Review, CPA Australia, vol. 27(4), pages 368-381, December.
- Chen, Yangyang & Ge, Rui & Zolotoy, Leon, 2017. "Do corporate pension plans affect audit pricing?," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 322-337.
- Miguel Minutti‐Meza, 2013. "Does Auditor Industry Specialization Improve Audit Quality?," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(4), pages 779-817, September.
- Bugeja, Martin, 2011. "Takeover premiums and the perception of auditor independence and reputation," The British Accounting Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 278-293.
More about this item
Keywordsaudit pricing; risks; developing countries; reputation; fee premium;
All these keywords.
- M41 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Accounting
- M42 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Accounting - - - Auditing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bal:journl:2256-0742:2016:2:5:14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Anita Jankovska (email available below). General contact details of provider: .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.