International Health Tourism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Connell, John, 2013. "Contemporary medical tourism: Conceptualisation, culture and commodification," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 1-13.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- McKercher, Bob, 2016. "Towards a taxonomy of tourism products," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 196-208.
- Csapó János & Marton Gergely, 2017. "The Role and Importance of Spa and Wellness Tourism in Hungary's Tourism Industry," Czech Journal of Tourism, Sciendo, vol. 6(1), pages 55-68, June.
- Stuti Jha, 2020. "Impact of Home Country Terrorism on Medical Tourism in India January 2020," International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 10(8), pages 407-416, August.
- Elena Pessot & Daniele Spoladore & Andrea Zangiacomi & Marco Sacco, 2021. "Natural Resources in Health Tourism: A Systematic Literature Review," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(5), pages 1-17, March.
- Moghavvemi, Sedigheh & Ormond, Meghann & Musa, Ghazali & Mohamed Isa, Che Ruhana & Thirumoorthi, Thinaranjeney & Bin Mustapha, Mohd Zulkhairi & Kanapathy, Kanagi A./P. & Chiremel Chandy, Jacob John, 2017. "Connecting with prospective medical tourists online: A cross-sectional analysis of private hospital websites promoting medical tourism in India, Malaysia and Thailand," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 154-163.
- Han, Heesup & Hyun, Sunghyup Sean, 2015. "Customer retention in the medical tourism industry: Impact of quality, satisfaction, trust, and price reasonableness," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 20-29.
- Yongrok Choi & Zamira Ashurova & Hyoungsuk Lee, 2021. "Sustainable Governance on the Intention of Medical Tourism in Uzbekistan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(12), pages 1-18, June.
- Chuang, Thomas C. & Liu, John S. & Lu, Louis Y.Y. & Lee, Yachi, 2014. "The main paths of medical tourism: From transplantation to beautification," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 49-58.
- Salman Majeed & Changbao Lu & Mahwash Majeed & Muahmmad Naeem Shahid, 2018. "Health Resorts and Multi-Textured Perceptions of International Health Tourists," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(4), pages 1-26, April.
- Mohammad Jamal Khan & Firoz Khan & Saba Amin & Shankar Chelliah, 2020. "Perceived Risks, Travel Constraints, and Destination Perception: A Study on Sub-Saharan African Medical Travellers," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(7), pages 1-16, April.
- Skountridaki, Lila, 2017. "Barriers to business relations between medical tourism facilitators and medical professionals," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 254-266.
- Bochaton, Audrey, 2015. "Cross-border mobility and social networks: Laotians seeking medical treatment along the Thai border," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 364-373.
- Fetscherin, Marc & Stephano, Renee-Marie, 2016. "The medical tourism index: Scale development and validation," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 539-556.
- Jacek Borzyszkowski & Adrian Lubowiecki-Vikuk, 2019. "Destination Management Organizations and Health Tourism Visual Identification in Central and Eastern Europe," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 241-261.
- Ruggeri, Kai & Ivanović, Nevena & Razum, Josip & Kácha, Ondřej & Menezes, Igor G. & Zafari, Zafar & Garcia-Garzon, Eduardo, 2018. "An evidence-based policy for improving choice in global health access through medical travel," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 122(12), pages 1372-1376.
- Meghann Ormond, 2015. "En route : Transport and Embodiment in International Medical Travel Journeys Between Indonesia and Malaysia," Mobilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 285-303, April.
- Neil Lunt & Daniel Horsfall & Johanna Hanefeld, 2015. "The shaping of contemporary medical tourism and patient mobility," Chapters, in: Neil Lunt & Daniel Horsfall & Johanna Hanefeld (ed.), Handbook on Medical Tourism and Patient Mobility, chapter 1, pages 3-15, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hanefeld, J. & Lunt, N. & Smith, R. & Horsfall, D., 2015. "Why do medical tourists travel to where they do? The role of networks in determining medical travel," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 356-363.
- Boeger, Zakea, 2020. "Incorporating mammography into an overseas referral metric: Tongan doctors’ assessments of patient eligibility for medical travel," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 254(C).
- de la Hoz-Correa, Andrea & Muñoz-Leiva, Francisco & Bakucz, Márta, 2018. "Past themes and future trends in medical tourism research: A co-word analysis," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 200-211.
More about this item
Keywordsmedical tourism; globalization; international trends in tourism;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:amf:ijrtfa:v:4:y:2015:i:1:p:59-72. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://fundatia-amfiteatru.ro .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Raluca Eftimie (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://fundatia-amfiteatru.ro .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.