: Received wisdom versus reality: height, nutrition, and urbanization in mid-nineteenth-century France
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fogel, Robert W, 1994.
"Economic Growth, Population Theory, and Physiology: The Bearing of Long-Term Processes on the Making of Economic Policy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 369-395, June.
- Fogel, Robert W., 1993. "Economic Growth, Population Theory, and Physiology: The Bearing of Long-Term Processes on the Making of Economic Policy," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 1993-1, Nobel Prize Committee.
- Robert W. Fogel, 1994. "Economic Growth, Population Theory, and Physiology: The Bearing of Long-Term Processes on the Making of Economic Policy," NBER Working Papers 4638, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Goldin, Claudia & Katz, Lawrence F., 2000.
"Education and Income in the Early Twentieth Century: Evidence from the Prairies,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 60(03), pages 782-818, September.
- Katz, Lawrence & Goldin, Claudia, 2000. "Education and Income in the Early Twentieth Century: Evidence from the Prairies," Scholarly Articles 2766688, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke & Alan M. Taylor & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 1993.
"Land, labor and the wage-rental ratio : factor price convergence in the late nineteenth century,"
199311, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Kevin O'Rourke & Alan M. Taylor & Jeffrey G. Williamsmn, 1996. "Land, Labor and the Wage-Rental Ratio: Factor Price Convergence in the Late Nineteenth Century," NBER Historical Working Papers 0046, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- O'Rourke, K. & Taylor, A.M. & Williamson, J.G., 1993. "Land, Labor and the Wage-Rental Ratio Factor Price Convergence in the Late Ninteenth Century," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1629, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2006.
"Inequality and Schooling Responses to Globalization Forces: Lessons from History,"
NBER Working Papers
12553, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Williamson, Jeffrey G, 2006. "Inequality and Schooling Responses to Globalization Forces: Lessons from History," CEPR Discussion Papers 5892, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Foreman-Peck, James, 1992. "A Political Economy of International Migration, 1815-1914," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 60(4), pages 359-376, December.
- Sandberg, Lars G., 1979. "The Case of the Impoverished Sophisticate: Human Capital and Swedish Economic Growth before World War I," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 39(01), pages 225-241, March.
- Hatton, Timothy J. & Williamson, Jeffrey G., 1998. "The Age of Mass Migration: Causes and Economic Impact," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195116519.
- Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2006. "Inequality and schooling responses to globalization forces: lessons from history," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, pages 225-248.
- O'Rourke, Kevin H & Taylor, Alan M & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 1996. "Factor Price Convergence in the Late Nineteenth Century," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 37(3), pages 499-530, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:ehbiol:v:26:y:2017:i:c:p:126-136 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHeight; France; Urbanisation; Nutrition; Anthropometrics; Biological standard of living;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N93 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:afc:cliome:v:8:y:2014:i:1:p:115-140. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/afcccea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.