Optimal Income Taxation: An Example with a U-Shaped Pattern of Optimal Marginal Tax Rates: Comment
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 90 (2000)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.aeaweb.org/aer/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.aeaweb.org/subscribe.html|
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Matthew Weinzierl & Danny Yagan, 2009.
"Optimal Taxation in Theory and Practice,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 23(4), pages 147-174, Fall.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Matthew Weinzierl & Danny Yagan, 2009. "Optimal Taxation in Theory and Practice," NBER Working Papers 15071, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Matthew C. Weinzierl & Danny Yagan, 2009. "Optimal Taxation in Theory and Practice," Harvard Business School Working Papers 09-140, Harvard Business School.
- Mankiw, N. Gregory & Weinzierl, Matthew Charles & Yagan, Danny Ferris, 2009. "Optimal Taxation in Theory and Practice," Scholarly Articles 4263739, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Houben, Henriette & Baumgarten, Jörg, 2011. "Krankt das deutsche Steuersystem am Mittelstandsbauch und der kalten Progession?," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 119, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Li, Jinlu & Lin, Shuanglin, 2016. "Optimal income taxation with discrete skill distribution," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 58-70.
- Boadway, Robin & Jacquet, Laurence, 2008. "Optimal marginal and average income taxation under maximin," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 425-441, November.
- Robin, BOADWAY & Laurence, JACQUET, 2006. "Optimal Marginal and Average Income Taxation under Maxi-min," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2006020, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Robin Boadway & Laurence Jacquet, 2006. "Optimal Marginal and Average Income Taxation under Maxi-min," Working Papers 1073, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Louis Kaplow, 2007. "Optimal income transfers," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 14(3), pages 295-325, June.
- Li, Jinlu & Lin, Shuanglin & Zhang, Congjun, 2013. "Skill distribution and the optimal marginal income tax rate," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 515-518.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & James P. Ziliak, 2002. "Tax Reform and Automatic Stabilization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(3), pages 590-612, June.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & James P. Ziliak, 2000. "Tax Reform and Automatic Stabilization," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0788, Econometric Society.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & James P. Ziliak, 2000. "Tax Reform and Automatic Stabilization," JCPR Working Papers 165, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Thomas J. Kniesner & James P. Ziliak, 2000. "Tax Reform and Automatic Stabilization," Center for Policy Research Working Papers 21, Center for Policy Research, Maxwell School, Syracuse University.
- Soumyanetra Munshi, 2011. "On existence of pure strategy equilibrium with endogenous income," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 37(1), pages 1-37, June.
- Auerbach, Alan J. & Hines, James Jr., 2002. "Taxation and economic efficiency," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 21, pages 1347-1421 Elsevier.
- Ray C. Fair, 2016. "The Optimal Distribution of Income Revisited," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2031, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Tomer Blumkin & Efraim Sadka & Yotam Shem-Tov, 2015. "International tax competition: zero tax rate at the top re-established," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 22(5), pages 760-776, October.
- repec:sbe:breart:v:28:y:2008:i:2:a:1509 is not listed on IDEAS
- Valdivia, Daney & Loayza, Lilian, 2012. "Analizando la determinación de impuesto a la renta y sus efectos sobre el crecimiento de la economía boliviana
[On the determination of income tax and its effects on the economic growth in Bolivia]," MPRA Paper 37211, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Masaaki Suzuki, 2014. "Debates on Individual Income Tax and Potential Japanese Tax Reforms," Public Policy Review, Policy Research Institute, Ministry of Finance Japan, vol. 10(3), pages 371-396, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:90:y:2000:i:3:p:681-686. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros)or (Michael P. Albert)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers on various economics topics
Upload your paper to be listed on RePEc and IDEAS
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed