Just Starting Out: Learning and Equilibrium in a New Market
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ulrich Doraszelski & Gregory Lewis & Ariel Pakes, 2016. "Just Starting Out: Learning and Equilibrium in a New Market," NBER Working Papers 21996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
References listed on IDEAS
- Herbert A. Simon, 1955. "A Behavioral Model of Rational Choice," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 69(1), pages 99-118.
- Andrew Sweeting, 2007.
"Market Power In The England And Wales Wholesale Electricity Market 1995-2000,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(520), pages 654-685, April.
- Sweeting, A., 2004. "Market Power in the England and Wales Wholesale Electricity Market 1995-2000," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0455, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Mirman, Leonard J & Samuelson, Larry & Urbano, Amparo, 1993. "Duopoly Signal Jamming," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 3(1), pages 129-149, January.
- Timothy C. Salmon, 2001. "An Evaluation of Econometric Models of Adaptive Learning," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 69(6), pages 1597-1628, November.
- Colin Camerer & Teck-Hua Ho, 1999. "Experience-weighted Attraction Learning in Normal Form Games," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(4), pages 827-874, July.
- Venky Venkateswaran & Laura Veldkamp & Julian Kozlowski, 2015.
"The Tail that Wags the Economy: Belief-Driven Business Cycles and Persistent Stagnation,"
2015 Meeting Papers
800, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Julian Kozlowski & Laura Veldkamp & Venky Venkateswaran, 2015. "The Tail that Wags the Economy: Belief-Driven Business Cycles and Persistent Stagnation," Working Papers 15-10, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Kozlowski, Julian & Veldkamp, Laura & Venkateswaran, Venky, 2016. "The Tail that Wags the Economy: Belief-Driven Business Cycles and Persistent Stagnation," CEPR Discussion Papers 11352, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Venky Venkateswaran & Laura Veldkamp & Julian Kozlowski, 2016. "The Tail that Wags the Economy: Belief-Driven Business Cycles and Persistent Stagnation," 2016 Meeting Papers 245, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Sergiu Hart & Andreu Mas-Colell, 2000.
"A Simple Adaptive Procedure Leading to Correlated Equilibrium,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(5), pages 1127-1150, September.
- Sergiu Hart & Andreu Mas-Colell, 1996. "A simple adaptive procedure leading to correlated equilibrium," Economics Working Papers 200, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Dec 1996.
- S. Hart & A. Mas-Collel, 2010. "A Simple Adaptive Procedure Leading to Correlated Equilibrium," Levine's Working Paper Archive 572, David K. Levine.
- Sergiu Hart & Andreu Mas-Colell, 1997. "A Simple Adaptive Procedure Leading to Correlated Equilibrium," Game Theory and Information 9703006, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 25 Nov 1997.
- Lee, Robin S. & Pakes, Ariel, 2009. "Multiple equilibria and selection by learning in an applied setting," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 13-16, July.
- Joskow, Paul L & Schmalensee, Richard & Bailey, Elizabeth M, 1998. "The Market for Sulfur Dioxide Emissions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(4), pages 669-685, September.
- Rothschild, Michael, 1974. "A two-armed bandit theory of market pricing," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 185-202, October.
- Camerer, Colin F. & Ho, Teck-Hua & Chong, Juin-Kuan, 2002. "Sophisticated Experience-Weighted Attraction Learning and Strategic Teaching in Repeated Games," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 137-188, May.
- Sargent, Thomas J., 1993. "Bounded Rationality in Macroeconomics: The Arne Ryde Memorial Lectures," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288695.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paschmann, Martin, 2017. "Economic Analysis of Price Premiums in the Presence of Non-convexities - Evidence from German Electricity Markets," EWI Working Papers 2017-12, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Kopányi, Dávid, 2017.
"The coexistence of stable equilibria under least squares learning,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 277-300.
- David Kopanyi, 2015. "The Coexistence of Stable Equilibria under Least Squares Learning," Discussion Papers 2015-10, The Centre for Decision Research and Experimental Economics, School of Economics, University of Nottingham.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:53:y:2017:i:c:p:241-266 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pakes, Ariel, 2017.
"Empirical tools and competition analysis: Past progress and current problems,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 241-266.
- Ariel Pakes, 2016. "Empirical Tools and Competition Analysis: Past Progress and Current Problems," NBER Working Papers 22086, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erhao Xie, 2018. "Inference in Games Without Nash Equilibrium: An Application to Restaurants, Competition in Opening Hours," Staff Working Papers 18-60, Bank of Canada.
- Victor Aguirregabiria & Jihye Jeon, 2018.
"Firms' Beliefs and Learning: Models, Identification, and Empirical Evidence,"
tecipa-620, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Aguirregabiria, Victor & Jeon, Jihye, 2018. "Firms' Beliefs and Learning: Models, Identification, and Empirical Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 13255, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
- D22 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Empirical Analysis
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L94 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Electric Utilities
- L98 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Government Policy
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Just Starting Out: Learning and Equilibrium in a New Market (AER 2018) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aea:aecrev:v:108:y:2018:i:3:p:565-615. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael P. Albert). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.