News Shocks, Information Flows and SVARs
This paper assesses SVARs as relevant tools at identifying the dynamic effects or news shocks, Because of the misalignment between the econometrician and private agents' information sets resulting from foresight the dynamic responses identified from SVARs using either long-run and short-run restrictions are biased. However the bias vanishes when news shocks account for the bulk of fluctuations in the economy. Furthermore under this condition. he two identified shocks have a correlation close to unity validating the sequential identification approach adopted by BEAUDRY and PORTIER (2006)
Volume (Year): (2014)
Issue (Month): 113-114 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 3, avenue Pierre Larousse, 92245 Malakoff Cedex|
Web page: https://annals.ensae.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fève, Patrick & Matheron, Julien & Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume, 2009. "On the dynamic implications of news shocks," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 96-98, February.
- Paul Beaudry & Franck Portier, 2004.
"Stock Prices, News and Economic Fluctuations,"
NBER Working Papers
10548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Beaudry & Franck Portier, 2004. "Stock Prices, News and Economic Fluctuations," NBER Chapters, in: Enhancing Productivity (NBER-CEPR-TCER-Keio conference) National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Beaudry & Franck Portier, 2006. "Stock Prices, News, and Economic Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1293-1307, September.
- Beaudry, Paul & Portier, Franck, 2003. "Stock Prices, News and Economic Fluctuations," IDEI Working Papers 158, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Beaudry, Paul & Portier, Franck, 2003. "Stock Prices, News and Economic Fluctuations," CEPR Discussion Papers 3844, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Paul Beaudry & Bernd Lucke, 2009.
"Letting Different Views about Business Cycles Compete,"
NBER Working Papers
14950, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Beaudry & Bernd Lucke, 2010. "Letting Different Views about Business Cycles Compete," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2009, Volume 24, pages 413-455 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:adr:anecst:y:2014:i:113-114:p:293-307. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Laurent Linnemer)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.