Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:wdevel
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2002, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 77-93 The Political Limits to Nongovernmental Organizations in Jordan
by Wiktorowicz, Quintan
- 95-105 Microcredit, Social Capital, and Common Pool Resources
by Anderson, C. Leigh & Locker, Laura & Nugent, Rachel
- 107-119 On the Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment to Developing Countries: Is Africa Different?
by Asiedu, Elizabeth
- 121-139 The Effect of IMF Programs on Labor
by Raymond Vreeland, James
- 141-151 Modern Land Claim Agreements and Northern Canadian Aboriginal Communities
by Saku, James C.
2001, Volume 29, Issue 12
- 1967-1985 Post-Conflict Reconstruction and the Challenge to International Organizations: The Case of El Salvador
by del Castillo, Graciana
- 1987-2006 One Kind of Freedom: Poverty Dynamics in Post-apartheid South Africa
by Carter, Michael R. & May, Julian
- 2007-2023 Is Devolution Democratization?
by Sundar, Nandini
- 2025-2041 The Manufacture of Popular Perceptions of Scarcity: Dams and Water-Related Narratives in Gujarat, India
by Mehta, Lyla
- 2043-2057 Institutional Pluralism and Housing Delivery: A Case of Unforeseen Conflicts in Mumbai, India
by Sanyal, Bishwapriya & Mukhija, Vinit
- 2059-2074 Why People Pay Taxes: The Case of the Development Levy in Tanzania
by Fjeldstad, Odd-helge & Semboja, Joseph
- 2075-2092 Designing Agricultural Technology for African Women Farmers: Lessons from 25 Years of Experience
by Doss, Cheryl R.
- 2093-2110 Land Inheritance and Schooling in Matrilineal Societies: Evidence from Sumatra
by Quisumbing, Agnes R. & Otsuka, Keijiro
- 2111-2125 Capital Flows, FDI, and Technology Spillovers: Evidence from Arab Countries
by Sadik, Ali T. & Bolbol, Ali A.
- 2127-2143 Perspectives on the Sources of Heterogeneity in Indian Industry
by Lall, Somik V. & Rodrigo, G. Chris
2001, Volume 29, Issue 11
- 1787-1802 Can the World Cut Poverty in Half? How Policy Reform and Effective Aid Can Meet International Development Goals
by Collier, Paul & Dollar, David
- 1803-1815 Growth, Inequality and Poverty: Looking Beyond Averages
by Ravallion, Martin
- 1817-1833 Poverty Alleviation and Tropical Forests--What Scope for Synergies?
by Wunder, Sven
- 1835-1847 Transparency Mechanisms at the Multilateral Development Banks
by Nelson, Paul J.
- 1849-1865 IMF Programs: Do They Work? Can They be Made to Work Better?
by Bird, Graham
- 1867-1883 IMF-Supported Stabilization Programs and their Critics: Evidence from the Recent Experience of Egypt
by Zaki, Mokhlis Y.
- 1885-1903 Local Clusters in Global Chains: The Causes and Consequences of Export Dynamism in Torreon's Blue Jeans Industry
by Bair, Jennifer & Gereffi, Gary
- 1905-1922 What is Behind Increasing Wage Inequality in Mexico?
by Cortez, Willy W.
- 1923-1939 A Picture of Wage Inequality and the Allocation of Labor Through a Period of Trade Liberalization: The Case of Brazil
by Green, Francis & Dickerson, Andy & Saba Arbache, Jorge
- 1941-1956 Organizational Membership and Environmental Ethics: A Comparison of Managers in State-owned Firms, Collectives, Private Firms and Joint Ventures in China
by Fryxell, Gerald E. & Lo, Carlos W. H.
- 1957-1966 Micro-Credit and Emotional Well-Being: Experience of Poor Rural Women from Matlab, Bangladesh
by Masud Ahmed, Syed & Chowdhury, Mushtaque & Bhuiya, Abbas
2001, Volume 29, Issue 10
- 1623-1648 Participatory Exclusions, Community Forestry, and Gender: An Analysis for South Asia and a Conceptual Framework
by Agarwal, Bina
- 1649-1672 Common Property Institutions and Sustainable Governance of Resources
by Agrawal, Arun
- 1673-1697 Social Policy and Mortality Decline in East Asia and Latin America
by McGuire, James W.
- 1699-1716 Primary Education Quality in Francophone Sub-Saharan Africa: Determinants of Learning Achievement and Efficiency Considerations
by Michaelowa, Katharina
- 1717-1737 Empirical Evidence on Recycling and Trade of Paper and Lead in Developed and Developing Countries
by van Beukering, Pieter J. H. & Bouman, Mathijs N.
- 1739-1752 Combining Export Processing Zones and Regional Free Trade Agreements: Lessons From the Mexican Experience
by Sargent, John & Matthews, Linda
- 1753-1767 How Important is Improved Water Infrastructure to Microenterprises? Evidence from Uganda
by Davis, Jennifer & Kang, Alice & Vincent, Jeffrey & Whittington, Dale
- 1769-1784 Targeting the Poor in Mexico: An Evaluation of the Selection of Households into PROGRESA
by Skoufias, Emmanuel & Davis, Benjamin & de la Vega, Sergio
2001, Volume 29, Issue 9
- 1457-1481 Poverty and Mobility in Low-status Minorities: The Cuban Case in International Perspective
by Meerman, Jacob
- 1483-1500 The Economic Cost of the War in Sri Lanka
by Arunatilake, Nisha & Jayasuriya, Sisira & Kelegama, Saman
- 1501-1525 Competitiveness Indices and Developing Countries: An Economic Evaluation of the Global Competitiveness Report
by Lall, Sanjaya
- 1527-1552 Aid Intensity in Africa
by O'Connell, Stephen A. & Soludo, Charles C.
- 1553-1567 Maquiladoras: Exploitation or Emancipation? An Overview of the Situation of Maquiladora Workers in Honduras
by Ver Beek, Kurt Alan
- 1569-1592 Coping with Change: A Study of Local Irrigation Institutions in Taiwan
by Lam, Wai Fung
- 1593-1610 Human Capital and FDI Inflows to Developing Countries: New Empirical Evidence
by Noorbakhsh, Farhad & Paloni, Alberto & Youssef, Ali
- 1611-1621 Integration of an Essential Services Package (ESP) in Child and Reproductive Health and Family Planning with a Micro-credit Program for Poor Women: Experience from a Pilot Project in Rural Bangladesh
by Amin, Ruhul & St. Pierre, Maurice & Ahmed, Ashraf & Haq, Runa
2001, Volume 29, Issue 8
- 1291-1305 Two Legs are Better than Three: New Zealand as a Model for Old Age Pensions
by John, Susan St. & Willmore, Larry
- 1307-1324 Genetic Engineering and Trade: Panacea or Dilemma for Developing Countries
by Pohl Nielsen, Chantal & Robinson, Sherman & Thierfelder, Karen
- 1325-1343 Adapting to Adjustment: Smallholder Livelihood Strategies in Southern Malawi
by Orr, Alastair & Mwale, Blessings
- 1345-1359 Conservation-with-Development Models in Brazil's Agro-Pastoral Landscapes
by Brannstrom, Christian
- 1361-1372 Land-Tenure Issues as Factors in Environmental Destruction in Brazilian Amazonia: The Case of Southern Para
by Fearnside, Philip M.
- 1373-1389 Population as a Determinant of Local Outcomes under Decentralization: Illustrations from Small Municipalities in Bolivia and Mexico
by Rowland, Allison M.
- 1391-1404 Women's Participation in Local Organizations: Conditions and Constraints
by Weinberger, Katinka & Jutting, Johannes Paul
- 1405-1419 The Underlying Constraints on Corporate Bond Market Development in Southeast Asia
by Sharma, Krishnan
- 1421-1434 Towards an Integrated Framework for Development and Environment Policy: The Dynamics of Environmental Kuznets Curves
by Ezzati, Majid & Singer, Burton H. & Kammen, Daniel M.
- 1435-1441 Making the World Development Report 2000: Attacking Poverty
by Wade, Robert Hunter
- 1443-1454 Development--There is Another Way: A Rural-Urban Partnership Development Paradigm
by Scarlett Epstein, T. & Jezeph, David
2001, Volume 29, Issue 7
- 1097-1113 Civil Society Collaboration with Business: Bringing Empowerment Back in
by Ashman, Darcy
- 1115-1136 Understanding the Links Between Conservation and Development in the Bamenda Highlands, Cameroon
by Abbot, Joanne I. O. & Thomas, David H. L. & Gardner, Anne A. & Neba, Sama E. & Khen, Mbony W.
- 1137-1156 Tiny, Poor and War-Torn: Development Policy Challenges for East Timor
by Hill, Hal
- 1157-1177 Effects of Poor Transportation on Lean Production and Industrial Clustering: Evidence from the Indian Auto Industry
by Gulyani, Sumila
- 1179-1198 Utilities Privatization and the Poor: Lessons and Evidence from Latin America
by Estache, Antonio & Gomez-Lobo, Andres & Leipziger, Danny
- 1199-1214 Economic Liberalization and the Computer Industry: Comparing Outcomes in Brazil and Mexico
by Dedrick, Jason & Kraemer, Kenneth L. & Palacios, Juan J. & Tigre, Paulo Bastos & Botelho, Antonio Jose Junqueira
- 1215-1224 Corruption and Microenterprises in Russia
by Safavian, Mehnaz S. & Graham, Douglas H. & Gonzalez-Vega, Claudio
- 1225-1236 Microenterprise Lending to Female Entrepreneurs: Sacrificing Economic Growth for Poverty Alleviation?
by Kevane, Michael & Wydick, Bruce
- 1237-1256 Preference Heterogeneity, Power, and Intrahousehold Decision-Making in Rural Malaysia
by Kusago, Takayoshi & Barham, Bradford L.
- 1257-1274 Transition and Enterprise Restructuring: The Development of Individual Farming in Romania
by Rizov, Marian & Gavrilescu, Dinu & Gow, Hamish & Mathijs, Erik & Swinnen, Johan F. M.
- 1275-1289 Confronting Dietary Energy Supply with Anthropometry in the Assessment of Undernutrition Prevalence at the Level of Countries
by Nube, M.
2001, Volume 29, Issue 6
- 925-943 Moving from the Stock of Social Capital to the Flow of Benefits: The Role of Agency
by Krishna, Anirudh
- 945-960 Embracing the Global in Thailand: Activism and Pragmatism in an Era of Deagrarianization
by Rigg, Jonathan & Nattapoolwat, Sakunee
- 961-976 Displacement for Development? The Impact of Changing State-Society Relations
by Brand, Laurie A.
- 977-993 Adapting to Climate Change in Pacific Island Countries: The Problem of Uncertainty
by Barnett, Jon
- 995-1010 Institutions and the Environmental Kuznets Curve for Deforestation: A Crosscountry Analysis for Latin America, Africa and Asia
by Bhattarai, Madhusudan & Hammig, Michael
- 1011-1024 Integrated Impact Assessment for Sustainable Development: A Case Study Approach
by Bond, Richard & Curran, Johanna & Kirkpatrick, Colin & Lee, Norman & Francis, Paul
- 1025-1033 The Long-Term Impact of Health on Economic Growth in Latin America
by Mayer, David
- 1035-1041 Dual Exchange Markets for Countries Facing Financial Crises
by Mikesell, Raymond F.
- 1043-1056 Cash Transfer Programs with Income Multipliers: PROCAMPO in Mexico
by Sadoulet, Elisabeth & Janvry, Alain de & Davis, Benjamin
- 1057-1069 Microfinance Success Amidst Macroeconomic Failure: The Experience of Bank Rakyat Indonesia During the East Asian Crisis
by Patten, Richard H. & Rosengard, Jay k. & Johnston, Don JR.
- 1071-1082 The X-Efficiency of a Group-Based Lending Institution: The Case of the Grameen Bank
by Kabir Hassan, M. & Tufte, David R.
- 1083-1094 Economic Policy, Distribution and Poverty: The Nature of Disagreements
by Kanbur, Ravi
2001, Volume 29, Issue 5
- 747-765 The Contested Role of Heterogeneity in Collective Action: Some Evidence from Community Forestry in Nepal
by Varughese, George & Ostrom, Elinor
- 767-782 Economic Crisis, Small Farmer Well-Being, and Forest Cover Change in Indonesia
by Sunderlin, William D. & Angelsen, Arild & Resosudarmo, Daju Pradnja & Dermawan, Ahmad & Rianto, Edy
- 783-797 Why Research Partnerships Really Matter: Innovation Theory, Institutional Arrangements and Implications for Developing New Technology for the Poor
by Hall, Andrew & Bockett, Geoffrey & Taylor, Sarah & Sivamohan, M. V. K . & Clark, Norman
- 799-811 Small-Scale Farmers Expand the Benefits of Improved Maize Germplasm: A Case Study from Chiapas, Mexico
by Bellon, Mauricio R. & Risopoulos, Jean
- 813-825 Impact of Bt Cotton in China
by Pray, Carl & Ma, Danmeng & Huang, Jikun & Qiao, Fangbin
- 827-840 Does the Private Sector Help or Hurt the Environment? Evidence from Carbon Dioxide Pollution in Developing Countries
by Talukdar, Debabrata & Meisner, Craig M.
- 841-863 What Does the 'Show Case' Show? Evidence of and Lessons from Adjustment in Uganda
by Dijkstra, A. Geske & Kees van Donge, Jan
- 865-886 Reform Strategies and Economic Performance of Russia's Regions
by Popov, Vladimir
- 887-910 Giving to the Poor? Targeting of Food Aid in Rural Ethiopia
by Jayne, T. S. & Strauss, John & Yamano, Takashi & Molla, Daniel
- 911-923 Pension Reform and Gender Gaps in Latin America: What are the Policy Options?
by Bertranou, Fabio M.
2001, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 573-587 Evolving Tenure Rights and Agricultural Intensification in Southwestern Burkina Faso
by Gray, Leslie C. & Kevane, Michael
- 589-600 Challenges to Proponents of Common Property Recource Systems: Despairing Voices from the Social Forests of Zimbabwe
by Campbell, Bruce & Mandondo, Alois & Nemarundwe, Nontokozo & Sithole, Bevlyne & De JonG, Wil & Luckert, Marty & Matose, Frank
- 601-617 The "New" Kerala Model: Lessons for Sustainable Development
by Veron, Rene
- 619-639 Vernacular Models of Development: An Analysis of Indonesia Under the "New Order"
by Dove, Michael R. & Kammen, Daniel M.
- 641-656 Somali Reconstruction and Local Initiative: Amoud University
by Samatar, Abdi Ismail
- 657-671 Disempowerment of Men in Rural and Urban East Africa: Implications for Male Identity and Sexual Behavior
by Silberschmidt, Margrethe
- 673-689 Trade Liberalization and National Food Security: Rice Trade between Bangladesh and India
by Dorosh, Paul A.
- 691-710 Hedging Price Risks of Farmers by Commodity Boards: A Simulation Applied to the Indian Natural Rubber Market
by Zant, Wouter
- 711-724 Credibility and Reputation Building in the Developmental State: A Model with East Asian Applications
by Huff, W. G. & Dewit, G. & Oughton, C.
- 725-745 Patterns and Sources of Changing Wage Inequality in Chile and Costa Rica During Structural Adjustment
by Gindling, T. H. & Robbins, Donald
2001, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 395-409 Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Latin America: Overview and Policy Implications
by Reardon, Thomas & Berdegue, Julio & Escobar, German
- 411-425 Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Chile
by Berdegue, Julio A. & Ramirez, Eduardo & Reardon, Thomas & Escobar, German
- 427-442 Rural Nonfarm Incomes in Nicaragua
by Corral, Leonardo & Reardon, Thomas
- 443-453 Rural Nonfarm Employment and Incomes in Brazil: Patterns and Evolution
by Graziano da Silva, Jose & Eduardo Del Grossi, Mauro
- 455-465 Rural Nonfarm Employment and Income Diversification in Colombia
by Deininger, Klaus & Olinto, Pedro
- 467-480 Income Strategies Among Rural Households in Mexico: The Role of Off-farm Activities
by Janvry, Alain de & Sadoulet, Elisabeth
- 481-496 Intersectoral Transfer, Growth, and Inequality in Rural Ecuador
by Elbers, Chris & Lanjouw, Peter
- 497-508 The Determinants of Nonfarm Income Diversification in Rural Peru
by Escobal, Javier
- 509-528 Rural Nonfarm Activities and Poverty in the Brazilian Northeast
by Ferreira, Francisco H. G. & Lanjouw, Peter
- 529-547 Nonfarm Employment and Poverty in Rural El Salvador
by Lanjouw, Peter
- 549-560 Nonfarm Employment and Poverty Alleviation of Rural Farm Households in Honduras
by Ruben, Ruerd & Van den berg, Marrit
- 561-572 The Determinants of Nonfarm Activities and Incomes of Rural Households in Mexico, with Emphasis on Education
by Yunez-Naude, Antonio & Edward Taylor, J.
2001, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 209-227 Social Capital and the Environment
by Pretty, Jules & Ward, Hugh
- 229-244 Creating Social Capital in Russia: The Novgorod Model
by Petro, Nicolai N.
- 245-263 Government Failure, Social Capital and the Appropriateness of the New Zealand Model for Public Sector Reform in Developing Countries
by Wallis, Joe & Dollery, Brian
- 265-289 New Pills for Poor People? Empirical Evidence after GATT
by Lanjouw, Jean O. & Cockburn, Iain M.
- 291-309 MNCs and Sustainable Business Practice: The Case of the Colombian and Peruvian Petroleum Industries
by Moser, Titus
- 311-321 Trade Credit and Productive Efficiency in Developing Countries
by Fisman, Raymond
- 323-343 The Role of Capital Accumulation, Adjustment and Structural Change for Economic Take-Off: Empirical Evidence from African Growth Episodes
by Berthelemy, Jean-claude & Soderling, Ludvig
- 345-363 Upgrading Primary Production: A Global Commodity Chain Approach
by Gibbon, Peter
- 365-383 A Model of Aid Impact in Some South Pacific Microstates
by Laplagne, Patrick & Treadgold, Malcolm & Baldry, Jonathan
- 385-393 Strategies to Reduce Contribution Evasion in Social Security Financing
by Bailey, Clive & Turner, John
2001, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-22 What Do We Know About Economic Growth? Or, Why Don't We Know Very Much?
by Kenny, Charles & Williams, David
- 23-37 Bureaucrats in Business, Chinese-Style: The Lessons of Market Reform and State Entrepreneurialism in the People's Republic of China
by Duckett, Jane
- 39-62 Microfinance with Chinese Characteristics
by Park, Albert & Ren, Changqing
- 63-84 Conflicts Over Credit: Re-Evaluating the Empowerment Potential of Loans to Women in Rural Bangladesh
by Kabeer, Naila
- 85-102 Barriers to Agricultural Exports from Developing Countries: The Role of Sanitary and Phytosanitary Requirements
by Henson, Spencer & Loader, Rupert
- 103-117 The Private Delivery of Public Crop Varieties: Rice in Andhra Pradesh
by Tripp, Robert & Pal, Suresh
- 119-133 Building on Poor People's Capacities: The Case of Common Property Resources in India and West Africa
by Beck, Tony & Nesmith, Cathy
- 135-153 Paradox of Empowerment: Reflections on a Case Study from Northern Ghana
by Botchway, Karl
- 155-166 Literacy and Intrahousehold Externalities
by Gibson, John
- 167-188 Youth Education and Work in Mexico
by Levison, Deborah & Moe, Karine S. & Marie Knaul, Felicia
- 189-208 Backward Vertical Linkages of Foreign Manufacturing Affiliates: Evidence from Japanese Multinationals
by Belderbos, Rene & Capannelli, Giovanni & Fukao, Kyoji
2000, Volume 28, Issue 12
- 2029-2049 Human Development and Economic Sustainability
by Anand, Sudhir & Sen, Amartya
- 2051-2065 Political Responsibility in Transnational NGO Advocacy
by Jordan, Lisa & van Tuijl, Peter
- 2067-2082 Informal Sector Pollution Control: What Policy Options Do We Have?
by Blackman, Allen
- 2083-2103 From Linear Fuel Switching to Multiple Cooking Strategies: A Critique and Alternative to the Energy Ladder Model
by Masera, Omar R. & Saatkamp, Barbara D. & Kammen, Daniel M.
- 2105-2122 Are Cash Budgets a Cure for Excess Fiscal Deficits (and at What Cost)?
by Stasavage, David & Moyo, Dambisa
- 2123-2155 Poverty Comparisons Over Time and Across Countries in Africa
by Sahn, David E. & Stifel, David C.
- 2157-2168 Old Age and Poverty in Developing Countries: New Policy Challenges
by Lloyd-Sherlock, Peter
- 2169-2182 The Allocation of Publicly-Provided Goods to Rural Households in India: On Some Consequences of Caste, Religion and Democracy
by Betancourt, Roger & Gleason, Suzanne
- 2183-2198 Single Mothers in Russia: Household Strategies for Coping with Poverty
by Lokshin, Michael & Harris, Kathleen Mullan & Popkin, Barry M.
2000, Volume 28, Issue 11
- 1851-1874 Civic Education, Civil Society, and Political Mistrust in a Developing Democracy: The Case of the Dominican Republic
by Finkel, Steve E. & Sabatini, Christopher A. & Bevis, Gwendolyn G.
- 1875-1890 Demonstrated Benefits from Social Capital: The Productivity of Farmer Organizations in Gal Oya, Sri Lanka
by Uphoff, Norman & Wijayaratna, C. M.
- 1891-1906 Biting the Bullet: Civil Society, Social Learning and the Transformation of Local Governance
by Johnson, Hazel & Wilson, Gordon
- 1907-1925 Impediments and Innovation in International Rivers: The Waters of South Asia
by Crow, Ben & Singh, Nirvikar
- 1927-1944 Achieving Schooling for All: Budgetary Expenditures on Education in Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia
by Colclough, Christopher & Al-Samarrai, Samer
- 1945-1959 Participatory Risk Mapping for Targeting Research and Assistance: With an Example from East African Pastoralists
by Smith, Kevin & Barrett, Christopher B. & Box, Paul W.
- 1961-1977 Rapid Rural Appraisal in Humid Tropical Forests: An Asset Possession-Based Approach and Validation Methods for Wealth Assessment Among Forest Peasant Households
by Takasaki, Yoshito & Barham, Bradford L. & Coomes, Oliver T.
- 1979-2003 Empirical Regularities in the Poverty-Environment Relationship of Rural Households: Evidence from Zimbabwe
by Cavendish, William
- 2005-2012 Markets, Institutions, and Forestry: The Consequences of Timber Trade Liberalization in Ecuador
by Southgate, Douglas & Salazar-Canelos, Pablo & Camacho-Saa, Carlos & Stewart, Rigoberto
- 2013-2027 Small States, Small Problems? Income, Growth, and Volatility in Small States
by Easterly, William & Kraay, Aart
2000, Volume 28, Issue 10
- 1719-1733 Local Environmental Control and Institutional Crowding-Out
by Cardenas, Juan Camilo & Stranlund, John & Willis, Cleve
- 1735-1749 Claim No Easy Victories: Evaluating the Pesticide Industry's Global Safe Use Campaign
by Murray, Douglas L. & Taylor, Peter Leigh
- 1751-1766 Grassroots-Based Rural Development Strategies: Ecuador in Comparative Perspective
by North, Liisa L. & Cameron, John D.
- 1767-1787 Rigorous Speculation: The Collapse and Revival of the North Korean Economy
by Noland, Marcus & Robinson, Sherman & Wang, Tao
- 1789-1803 The Political Economy of War and Peace in Afghanistan
by Rubin, Barnett R.
- 1805-1819 The Illusion of Stability: The Brazilian Economy Under Cardoso
by Amann, Edmund & Baer, Werner
- 1821-1835 Solving the Mystery of the AFRICA Dummy
by Englebert, Pierre
- 1837-1847 Knowledge Transfer Under Subcontracting: Evidence from Czech Firms
by Deardorff, Alan & Djankov, Simeon
2000, Volume 28, Issue 9
- 1543-1566 Latin America's New Economic Model: Micro Responses and Economic Restructuring
by Reinhardt, Nola & Peres, Wilson
- 1567-1582 Trade Liberalization and Industrial Development in Latin America
by Geske Dijkstra, A.
- 1583-1596 Structural Change and Labor Productivity Growth in Latin American Manufacturing Industries 1970-96
by Katz, Jorge
- 1597-1610 The Behavior of Manufacturing Firms Under the New Economic Model
by Macario, Carla
- 1611-1626 Corporate Strategies for FDI in the Context of Latin America's New Economic Model
by Mortimore, Michael
- 1627-1642 Maquila, Economic Reform and Corporate Strategies
by Buitelaar, Rudolf M. & Perez, Ramon Padilla
- 1643-1655 Small and Medium-Sized Manufacturing Enterprises in Latin America and the Caribbean Under the New Economic Model
by Peres, Wilson & Stumpo, Giovanni
- 1657-1672 New Economic Policies and the Diffusion of Machine Tools in Latin America
by Alcorta, Ludovico
- 1673-1688 The Impact of the New Economic Model on Latin America's Agriculture
by David, M. Beatriz De A. & Dirven, Martine & Vogelgesang, Frank
- 1689-1702 The New Economic Model and Marine Fisheries Development in Latin America
by Thorpe, Andy & Ibarra, Alonso Aguilar & Reid, Chris
- 1703-1717 Policy Directions for the New Economic Model in Latin America
by Ramos, Joseph
2000, Volume 28, Issue 8
- 1391-1407 Improving Policy Credibility: Is There a Case for African Monetary Unions?
by Guillaume, Dominique M. & Stasavage, David
- 1409-1419 Think Large and Act Small: Toward a New Paradigm for NGO Scaling Up
by Uvin, Peter & Jain, Pankaj S. & Brown, L. David
- 1421-1438 Linking Livelihoods and Conservation: A Conceptual Framework and Scale for Assessing the Integration of Human Needs and Biodiversity
by Salafsky, Nick & Wollenberg, Eva
- 1439-1460 Barriers to Participation of the Poor in South Africa's Land Redistribution
by Zimmerman, Frederick J.
- 1461-1479 Changing Customary Marine Resource Management Practice and Institutions: The Case of Sasi Lola in the Kei Islands, Indonesia
by Thorburn, Craig C.
- 1481-1497 Possibilities and Limitations to Cooperation in Small Groups: The Case of Group-Owned Wells in Southern India
by Aggarwal, Rimjhim M.
- 1499-1514 Surviving and Thriving: Differentiation in a Peri-Urban Community in Northern Albania
by Lawson, Colin W. & Allister McGregor, J. & Saltmarshe, Douglas K.
- 1515-1542 The Poverty and Heterogeneity Among Female-Headed Households Revisited: The Case of Panama
by Fuwa, Nobuhiko
2000, Volume 28, Issue 7
- 1145-1156 Introduction
by Grown, Caren & Elson, Diane & Cagatay, Nilufer
- 1157-1172 Engendering Foreign Direct Investment: Family Structure, Labor Markets and International Capital Mobility
by Braunstein, Elissa
- 1173-1190 Modeling the Effects of Trade on Women, at Work and at Home
by Fontana, Marzia & Wood, Adrian
- 1191-1210 Gender Segregation and Gender Bias in Manufacturing Trade Expansion: Revisiting the "Wood Asymmetry"
by Kucera, David & Milberg, William
- 1211-1230 Gender Inequality and Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Analysis
by Seguino, Stephanie
- 1231-1238 Secular Changes in the Gender Composition of Employment and Growth Dynamics in the North and the South
by Erturk, Korkut & Darity, William Jr.
- 1239-1248 Export Orientation and Female Share of Employment: Evidence from Turkey
by Ozler, Sule
- 1249-1268 International Capital Flows: Identifying the Gender Dimension
by Singh, Ajit & Zammit, Ann
- 1269-1283 Financial Crisis, Gender, and Power: An Analytical Framework
by Floro, Maria & Dymski, Gary
- 1285-1306 The Effects of the East Asian Crisis on the Employment of Women and Men: The Philippine Case
by Lim, Joseph Y.
- 1307-1326 Agricultural Technology, Risk, and Gender: A CGE Analysis of Mozambique
by Arndt, Channing & Tarp, Finn
- 1327-1340 Supply Response in an Agrarian Economy with Non-Symmetric Gender Relations
by Warner, James M. & Campbell, D. A.
- 1341-1345 Extra-Household Factors and Women Farmers' Supply Response in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Evers, Barbara & Walters, Bernard
- 1347-1364 The Social Content of Macroeconomic Policies
by Elson, Diane & Cagatay, Nilufer
- 1365-1378 The Political Economy of Women's Budgets in the South
by Budlender, Debbie
- 1379-1390 Gender Mainstreaming in Finance Ministries
by Sen, Gita
2000, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 983-999 Impact of Macroeconomic Change on Deforestation in South Cameroon: Integration of Household Survey and Remotely-Sensed Data
by Mertens, Benoit & Sunderlin, William D. & Ndoye, Ousseynou & Lambin, Eric F.
- 1001-1016 Can Sustainable Tropical Forestry be Made Profitable? The Potential and Limitations of Innovative Incentive Mechanisms
by Richards, Michael
- 1017-1030 From Social Negotiation to Contract: Shifting Strategies of Farm Labor Recruitment in Tanzania Under Market Liberalization
by Ponte, Stefano
- 1031-1051 The Distributional Effects of IMF Programs: A Cross-Country Analysis
by Garuda, Gopal
- 1053-1060 Editor's Introduction
by Adelman, Irma
- 1061-1073 Neoclassical Imagination and Financial Anarchy
by stretton, Hugh
- 1075-1086 Capital Market Liberalization, Economic Growth, and Instability
by Stiglitz, Joseph E.
- 1087-1100 The Minimal Conditions for a Financial Crisis: A Multiregional Intertemporal CGE Model of the Asian Crisis
by Adelman, Irma & Yeldan, Erinc
- 1101-1104 Financial Globalization
by Tobin, James