Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:wdevel
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2000, Volume 28, Issue 6
- 1105-1116 Taming Capital Flows
by Eichengreen, Barry
- 1117-1131 Is a Plumber or a New Financial Architect Needed to End Global International Liquidity Problems?
by Davidson, Paul
- 1133-1142 Strengthening the International Financial System: Key Issues
by Citrin, Daniel & Fischer, Stanley
2000, Volume 28, Issue 5
- 789-804 The Rise and Fall of the Washington Consensus as a Paradigm for Developing Countries
by Gore, Charles
- 805-822 Measuring Public Sector Capacity
by Polidano, Charles
- 823-841 The Challenge of Good Governance for the IMF and the World Bank Themselves
by Woods, Ngaire
- 843-860 Family Planning Programs, Socioeconomic Characteristics, and Contraceptive Use in Malawi
by Cohen, Barney
- 861-878 Type of Work Matters: Women's Labor Force Participation and the Child Sex Ratio in Turkey
by Berik, GUnseli & Bilginsoy, Cihan
- 879-891 Economic Reform, Structural Adjustment and Female Labor Force Participation in Buenos Aires, Argentina
by Cerrutti, Marcela
- 893-910 Indigenous Populations and Sustainable Development: Building on Indigenous Approaches to Holistic, Self-Determined Development
by Loomis, Terrence M.
- 911-927 Conservation Farming Projects in the Philippine Uplands: Rhetoric and Reality
by Cramb, R. A. & Garcia, J. N. M. & Gerrits, R. V. & Saguiguit, G. C.
- 929-944 The Impact of Participation on Sustainability: An Analysis of the Malawi Rural Piped Scheme Program
by Kleemeier, Elizabeth
- 945-967 Environmental Enforcement and Small Industries in India: Reworking the Problem in the Poverty Context
by Dasgupta, Nandini
- 969-982 Transition of Latecomer Firms from Technology Users to Technology Generators: Korean Semiconductor Firms
by Choung, Jae-Yong & Hwang, Hye-Ran & Choi, Jin-Ho & Rim, Myung-Hwan
2000, Volume 28, Issue 4
- 601-615 Democratic Governance and Sectoral Policy Reform: Tracing Linkages and Exploring Synergies
by Brinkerhoff, Derick W.
- 617-629 The Microfinance Schism
by Morduch, Jonathan
- 631-662 Interpreting Changes from the 1970s to the 1990s in African Agriculture Through Village Studies
by Wiggins, Steve
- 663-681 Trust, Networks and Norms: The Creation of Social Capital in Agricultural Economies in Ghana
by Lyon, Fergus
- 683-699 Deforestation and Cattle Ranching in the Brazilian Amazon: External Capital and Household Processes
by Walker, Robert & Moran, Emilio & Anselin, Luc
- 701-719 Common Property Rights and Land Reallocations in Rural China: Evidence from a Village Survey
by Kung, James Kai-sing
- 721-737 Should China be Promoting Large-Scale Enterprises and Enterprise Groups?
by Smyth, Russell
- 739-752 Decoupling China's Carbon Emissions Increase from Economic Growth: An Economic Analysis and Policy Implications
by Zhang, Zhongxiang
- 753-762 Unions' Role in Argentine and Chilean Pension Reform
by Ghilarducci, Teresa & Liebana, Patricia Ledesma
- 763-774 A VAT Revenue Simulation Model for Tax Reform in Developing Countries
by Jenkins, Glenn P. & Kuo, Chun-Yan
- 775-788 The Hazard of Moral Hazard: Untangling the Asian Crisis
by Chang, Ha-Joon
2000, Volume 28, Issue 3
- 401-407 Globalizing Agro-Food Systems in Asia: Introduction
by Thompson, Susan J. & Tadlock Cowan, J.
- 409-424 A Global Interpretation of the Rise of the East Asian Food Import Complex
by McMichael, Philip
- 425-442 New Zealand's Agro-Food Trade to Korea
by Stringer, Christina A.
- 443-455 Dismantling Statist East Asian Agricultures? Global Pressures and National Responses
by Burmeister, Larry L.
- 457-471 Consumer Segmentation and Changing Food Purchase Patterns in Nanjing, PRC
by Veeck, Ann & Veeck, Gregory
- 473-486 Oiling the Palms: Restructuring of Settlement Schemes in Malaysia and the New International Trade Regulations
by Fold, Niels
- 487-512 Food Firms and Food Flows in Japan 1945-98
by McDonald, Mary G.
- 513-530 Agri-Food Restructuring and Third World Transnationals: Thailand, the CP Group and the Global Shrimp Industry
by Goss, Jasper & Burch, David & Rickson, Roy E.
- 531-550 Eating More Beef: Market Structure and Firm Behavior in the Pacific Basin Beefpacking Industry
by Francis, Roderick
- 551-578 The Cotton Commodity Chain, Women, Work and Agency in India and Japan: The Case for Feminist Agro-Food Systems Research
by Ramamurthy, Priti
- 579-599 The Agrarian Origins of the Knitwear Industrial Cluster in Tiruppur, India
by Chari, Sharad
2000, Volume 28, Issue 2
- 197-219 Economic Growth and Human Development
by Ranis, Gustav & Stewart, Frances & Ramirez, Alejandro
- 221-243 Credible Commitment and Success with Public Enterprise Reform
by Campos, Jose Edgardo & Esfahani, Hadi Salehi
- 245-263 Economic Policy and Power Relations in South Africa's Transition to Democracy
by Habib, Adam & Padayachee, Vishnu
- 265-282 Explaining Economic Liberalization in India: State and Society Perspectives
by Pedersen, JOrgen Dige
- 283-300 Export Success Against the Odds: A Vietnamese Case Study
by Hill, Hal
- 301-317 Globalization of Production: Insights from the Hard Disk Drive Industry
by Gourevitch, Peter & Bohn, Roger & McKendrick, David
- 319-331 Generating Disaggregated Poverty Maps: An Application to Vietnam
by Minot, Nicholas
- 333-346 Microcredit and the Poorest of the Poor: Theory and Evidence from Bolivia
by Navajas, Sergio & Schreiner, Mark & Meyer, Richard L. & Gonzalez-vega, Claudio & Rodriguez-meza, Jorge
- 347-363 'Green Gold'?: Burley Tobacco, Smallholder Agriculture, and Poverty Alleviation in Malawi
by Orr, Alastair
- 365-380 Fiscal Decentralization and Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations: A Cross-Country Analysis
by de Mello, Luiz Jr
- 381-400 Financial Determinants of Domestic Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Panel Data
by Ndikumana, Leonce
2000, Volume 28, Issue 1
- 1-20 Institutional Choice, Community, and Struggle: A Case Study of Forest Co-Management in Mexico
by Klooster, Daniel
- 21-39 Participation and Accountability at the Periphery: Democratic Local Governance in Six Countries
by Blair, Harry
- 41-55 Learning, Adjustment and Economic Development: Transforming Firms, The State and Associations in Chile
by Perez-Aleman, Paola
- 57-77 Back to Basics in Malaysia and Thailand: The Role of Resource-Based Exports in Their Export-Led Growth
by Reinhardt, Nola
- 79-98 Impact Assessment Methodologies for Microfinance: Theory, Experience and Better Practice
by Hulme, David
- 99-110 Systematic Client Consultation in Development: The Case of Food Policy Research in Ghana, India, Kenya and Mali
by Babu, Suresh Chandra & Brown, Lynn R. & McClafferty, Bonnie
- 111-128 Consequences of a Food Security Strategy for Economic Welfare, Income Distribution and Land Degradation: The Philippine Case
by Coxhead, Ian
- 129-142 The Politics of Liberalizing Zambia's Maize Markets
by Pletcher, James
- 143-153 Migrant Labor and Farm Technical Efficiency in Lesotho
by Mochebelele, Motsamai T. & Winter-Nelson, Alex
- 155-171 The Real Plan: Stabilization and Destabilization
by Cinquetti, Carlos A.
- 173-186 The Impact of Education, Income, and Mortality on Fertility in Jamaica
by Handa, Sudhanshu
- 187-196 Utilization of Outpatient Care in Egypt and its Implications for the Role of Government in Health Care Provision
by Nandakumar, A. K. & Chawla, Mukesh & Khan, Maryam
1999, Volume 27, Issue 12
- 2021-2044 Capitals and Capabilities: A Framework for Analyzing Peasant Viability, Rural Livelihoods and Poverty
by Bebbington, Anthony
- 2045-2060 Rice Paddy or Shrimp Pond: Tough Decisions in Rural Thailand
by Flaherty, Mark & Vandergeest, Peter & Miller, Paul
- 2061-2079 Community-Based Wildlife Management (CWM) in Tanzania: Are the Communities Interested?
by Songorwa, Alexander N.
- 2081-2098 841 Million Undernourished?
by Svedberg, Peter
- 2099-2122 Corporatism, Trade Liberalization and Sectoral Responses: The Case of Venezuela, 1989-99
by Corrales, Javier & Cisneros, Imelda
- 2123-2136 Placement and Outreach of Group-Based Credit Organizations: The Cases of ASA, BRAC, and PROSHIKA in Bangladesh
by Sharma, Manohar & Zeller, Manfred
- 2137-2154 Growth in China's Grain Production 1978-1997: A Disaggregate Analysis
by Yang, Hong
1999, Volume 27, Issue 11
- 1885-1889 Overview
by Ruel, Marie T. & Garrett, James L.
- 1891-1904 Are Urban Poverty and Undernutrition Growing? Some Newly Assembled Evidence
by Haddad, Lawrence & Ruel, Marie T. & Garrett, James L.
- 1905-1916 Urbanization, Lifestyle Changes and the Nutrition Transition
by Popkin, Barry M.
- 1917-1938 Some Urban Facts of Life: Implications for Research and Policy
by Ruel, Marie T. & Haddad, Lawrence & Garrett, James L.
- 1939-1953 The Political Economy of Urban Food Security in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Maxwell, Daniel
- 1955-1975 Are Determinants of Rural and Urban Food Security and Nutritional Status Different? Some Insights from Mozambique
by Garrett, James L. & Ruel, Marie T.
- 1977-1991 Working Women in an Urban Setting: Traders, Vendors and Food Security in Accra
by Levin, Carol E. & Ruel, Marie T. & Morris, Saul S. & Maxwell, Daniel G. & Armar-Klemesu, Margaret & Ahiadeke, Clement
- 1993-2009 Good Care Practices Can Mitigate the Negative Effects of Poverty and Low Maternal Schooling on Children's Nutritional Status: Evidence from Accra
by Ruel, Marie T. & Levin, Carol E. & Armar-Klemesu, Margaret & Maxwell, Daniel & Morris, Saul S.
- 2011-2019 Does Geographic Targeting of Nutrition Interventions Make Sense in Cities? Evidence from Abidjan and Accra
by Morris, Saul S. & Levin, Carol E. & Armar-Klemesu, Margaret & Maxwell, Daniel & Ruel, Marie T.
1999, Volume 27, Issue 10
- 1735-1747 The end of the Asian Myth: Why were the Experts Fooled?
by Baer, Werner & Miles, William R. & Moran, Allen B.
- 1749-1768 Innovating with Infrastructure: How India's Largest Carmaker Copes with Poor Electricity Supply
by Gulyani, Sumila
- 1769-1786 India's Manufactured Exports: Comparative Structure and Prospects
by Lall, Sanjaya
- 1787-1801 Trade and Industrial Policy on an Uneven Playing Field: The Case of the Deciduous Fruit Canning Industry in South Africa
by Kaplan, David & Kaplinsky, Raphael
- 1803-1819 The Economics of Air Pollution Health Risks in Russia: A Case Study of Volgograd
by Larson, Bruce A. & Avaliani, Simon & Golub, Alexander & Rosen, Sydney & Shaposhnikov, Dmitry & Strukova, Elena & Vincent, Jeffrey R. & Wolff, Scott K.
- 1821-1842 The Institutional Foundations of Monetary Commitment: A Comparative Analysis
by Ball, R.
- 1843-1859 Dollars for Sale: Exchange Rate Policy and Inflation in Africa
by Azam, Jean-Paul
- 1861-1873 Seigniorage, Dollarization and Public Debt: The Lebanese Civil War and Recovery Experience, 1982-97
by Bolbol, Ali A.
- 1875-1883 Unions and Interindustry Wage Differentials
by Arbache, Jorge Saba & Carneiro, Francisco Galrao
1999, Volume 27, Issue 9
- 1503-1514 Clustering and Industrialization: Introduction
by Schmitz, Hubert & Nadvi, Khalid
- 1515-1530 Microenterprise Clusters in Rural Indonesia: Industrial Seedbed and Policy Target
by weijland, Hermine
- 1531-1551 African Enterprise Clusters and Industrialization: Theory and Reality
by Mccormick, Dorothy
- 1553-1570 A Comparison of Clustered and Dispersed Firms in the Small-Scale Clothing Industry of Lima
by Visser, Evert-jan
- 1571-1585 Recovery of a Mexican Cluster: Devaluation Bonanza or Collective Efficiency?
by Rabellotti, Roberta
- 1587-1604 Agra: An Old Cluster Facing the New Competition
by Knorringa, Peter
- 1605-1626 Collective Efficiency and Collective Failure: The Response of the Sialkot Surgical Instrument Cluster to Global Quality Pressures
by Nadvi, Khalid
- 1627-1650 Global Competition and Local Cooperation: Success and Failure in the Sinos Valley, Brazil
by Schmitz, Hubert
- 1651-1671 Successful Adjustment in Indian Industry: the Case of Ludhiana's Woolen Knitwear Cluster
by Tewari, Meenu
- 1673-1691 Cooperating for Survival: Tannery Pollution and Joint Action in the Palar Valley (India)
by Kennedy, Loraine
- 1693-1713 How to Promote Clusters: Policy Experiences from Latin America
by Altenburg, Tilman & Meyer-Stamer, JORG
- 1715-1734 Knowledge Systems and Technological Dynamism in Industrial Clusters in Developing Countries
by Bell, Martin & Albu, Michael
1999, Volume 27, Issue 8
- 1309-1337 Care and Nutrition: Concepts and Measurement
by Engle, Patrice L. & Menon, Purnima & Haddad, Lawrence
- 1339-1358 Process Approaches to Development: Theory and Sri Lankan Practice
by Bond, Richard & Hulme, David
- 1359-1381 Informational Standards in Development Agency Management
by Clements, Paul
- 1383-1395 NGOs and Innovation: Organizational Characteristics and Constraints in Development Assistance Work in The Gambia
by fyvie, Claire & Ager, Alastair
- 1397-1411 Outstanding Female Economists in the Analysis and Practice of Development Economics
by Rodgers, Yana Van der Meulen & Cooley, Jane C.
- 1413-1426 Impact of Human Capital on Joint-Venture Investment in Vietnam
by Anh, Dang Nguyen & Meyer, David R.
- 1427-1443 Foreign Investment and the Global Geography of Production: Why the Mexican Consumer Electronics Industry Failed
by Lowe, Nichola & Kenney, Martin
- 1445-1460 Impediments to Promoting Backward Linkages from the Garment Industry in Sri Lanka
by Kelegama, Saman & Foley, Fritz
- 1461-1475 Labor Shortages on Small Landholdings in Malawi: Implications for Policy Reforms
by Alwang, Jeffrey & Siegel, P. B.
- 1477-1491 Domestic Governance and International Migration
by Rowlands, Dane
- 1493-1502 The Macroeconomic Determinants of Emigrant Remittances
by El-Sakka, M. I. T. & McNabb, Robert
1999, Volume 27, Issue 7
- 1115-1128 Expected Failures and Unexpected Successes of Land Titling in Africa
by Firmin-Sellers, Kathryn & Sellers, Patrick
- 1129-1140 Controlling Fiscal Corruption
by Chand, Sheetal K. & Moene, Karl O.
- 1141-1149 Forest Dependence and Income Distribution in a Subsistence Economy: Evidence from India
by Reddy, S. R. C. & Chakravarty, S. P.
- 1151-1171 An Analysis of Childhood Malnutrition in Rural India: Role of Gender, Income and Other Household Characteristics
by Pal, Sarmistha
- 1173-1189 Demand, Market Structure and the Formalizing of Ministry of Health Fees: A Nicaraguan Case Study
by Fiedler, John L.
- 1191-1202 Inequality, Resource Depletion, and Welfare Accounting: Applications to Indonesia and Costa Rica
by Torras, Mariano
- 1203-1214 What is Driving the Pollution Abatement Expenditure Behavior of Manufacturing Plants in Korea?
by Aden, Jean & Kyu-hong, Ahn & Rock, Michael T.
- 1215-1226 Do Stringent Environmental Regulations Reduce the International Competitiveness of Environmentally Sensitive Goods? A Global Perspective
by Xu, Xinpeng
- 1227-1245 One-fifth of the Sky: China's Environmental Stewardship
by Sims, Holly
- 1247-1266 Can Africa Industrialize by Processing Primary Commodities? The Case of Mozambican Cashew Nuts
by Cramer, Christopher
- 1267-1285 Special Economic Zones and the Opening of the Chinese Economy: Some Lessons for Economic Liberalization
by Ge, Wei
- 1287-1298 Determinants of Technological Diffusion in Mexican Manufacturing: A Plant-Level Analysis
by Grether, Jean-Marie
- 1299-1308 Rotating Saving and Credit Associations in Rural East Africa
by Kimuyu, Peter Kiko
1999, Volume 27, Issue 6
- 903-918 Effects of Demographic and Related Microeconomic Change on Land Quality in Hills and Mountains of Developing Countries
by Templeton, Scott R. & Scherr, Sara J.
- 919-935 Adapting to Dams: Agrarian Change Downstream of the Tiga Dam, Northern Nigeria
by Thomas, David H. L. & Adams, William M.
- 937-949 Prices and Tree Planting on Hillside Farms in Palawan
by Shively, Gerald E.
- 951-965 Capturing Ambiguities: Communal Conflict Management Alternative in Ghana
by Fred-Mensah, Ben K.
- 967-983 Small-Scale Industry and Cleaner Production Strategies
by Frijns, Jos & Van Vliet, Bas
- 985-1010 UNDP's Gender-Related Indices: A Critical Review
by Bardhan, Kalpana & Klasen, Stephan
- 1011-1029 Women's Economic Status in Rural China: Household Contributions to Male-Female Disparities in the Wage-Labor Market
by Hare, Denise
- 1031-1057 Exports, Inflation and Growth
by Gylfason, Thorvaldur
- 1059-1067 The Impact of Corruption on Investment: Predictability Matters
by Edgardo Campos, J. & Lien, Donald & Pradhan, Sanjay
- 1069-1082 Financial System and Economic Growth: The Korean Experience
by Choe, Chongwoo & Moosa, Imad A.
- 1083-1096 Pricing Shares on a Nascent Market: The Nepal Stock Exchange 1994-96
by Bijay, K. C. & Snowden, P. N.
- 1097-1114 Management of Newly Privatized Companies: Its Importance and How Little We Know
by Ozkaya, Mehmet & Askari, Hossein
1999, Volume 27, Issue 5
- 773-788 The Ambiguous Impact of Inequality on Local Resource Management
by Baland, Jean-Marie & Platteau, Jean-Philippe
- 789-805 What Futures for the People of the Tropical Forests?
by Byron, Neil & Arnold, Michael
- 807-824 The Effects of Civic Education on Political Culture: Evidence from Zambia
by Bratton, Michael & Alderfer, Philip & Bowser, Georgia & Temba, Joseph
- 825-838 A World Bank Intervention in the Sri Lankan Welfare Sector: The National Development Trust Fund
by Shaw, Judith
- 839-853 Trust in Political-Administrative Relations: The Case of Local Authorities in Norway and Tanzania
by Jacobsen, Dag Ingvar
- 855-864 Four Criteria of Development NGO Legitimacy
by Atack, Iain
- 865-886 Why Privatize? The Case of Argentina's Public Provincial Banks
by Clarke, George R. G. & Cull, Robert
- 887-902 The Role of the Private Sector in Education in Vietnam: Evidence From the Vietnam Living Standards Survey
by Glewwe, Paul & Patrinos, Harry Anthony
1999, Volume 27, Issue 4
- 629-649 Enchantment and Disenchantment: The Role of Community in Natural Resource Conservation
by Agrawal, Arun & Gibson, Clark C.
- 651-672 Making Negotiated Land Reform Work: Initial Experience from Colombia, Brazil and South Africa
by Deininger, Klaus
- 673-690 Agricultural Tradables and Economic Recovery in Uganda: The Limitations of Structural Adjustment in Practice
by Belshaw, Deryke & Lawrence, Peter & Hubbard, Michael
- 691-704 Reassessing the Effectiveness of Industrial Policy in Indonesia: Can the Neoliberals be Wrong?
by Rock, Michael T.
- 705-715 Exports, Imports and Productivity: Results from Indonesian Establishment Data
by Sjoholm, Fredrik
- 717-737 Trade Policy Reform and the Competitive Response in Kwazulu Natal Province, South Africa
by Kaplinsky, Raphael & Morris, Mike
- 739-752 Soil Erosion and Smallholders' Conservation Decisions in the Highlands of Ethiopia
by Shiferaw, Bekele & Holden, Stein
- 753-771 Fostering Effective Parental Participation in Education: Lessons from a Comparison of Reform Processes in Nicaragua and Mexico
by Gershberg, Alec Ian
1999, Volume 27, Issue 3
- 439-452 Development Performance and the Institutions of Governance: Evidence from East Asia and Latin America
by Campos, Nauro F. & Nugent, Jeffrey B.
- 453-470 Computable General Equilibrium Models, Adjustment and the Poor in Africa
by De Maio, Lorenzo & Stewart, Frances & van der Hoeven, Rolph
- 471-475 A Reply to De Maio, Stewart, and van der Hoeven
by Sahn, David E. & Dorosh, Paul A. & Younger, Stephen D.
- 477-503 Stabilization and its Discontents: Argentina's Economic Restructuring in the 1990s
by Pastor Jr., Manuel & Wise, Carol
- 505-520 The Effects of Structural Adjustment on Deforestation and Forest Degradation in Lowland Bolivia
by Kaimowitz, David & Thiele, Graham & Pacheco, Pablo
- 521-530 Sectoral Growth and Poverty Alleviation: A Multiplier Decomposition Technique Applied to South Africa
by Khan, Haider A.
- 531-531 Editorial
- 533-550 Trends, Countertrends, and Gaps in Women's Employment
by Mehra, Rekha & Gammage, Sarah
- 551-569 Women and Labor Market Changes in the Global Economy: Growth Helps, Inequalities Hurt and Public Policy Matters
by Tzannatos, Zafiris
- 571-582 Marginalization Revisited: Women's Market Work and Pay, and Economic Development
by Horton, Susan
- 583-602 Global Feminization Through Flexible Labor: A Theme Revisited
by Standing, Guy
- 603-610 Counting the Invisible Workforce: The Case of Homebased Workers
by Chen, Martha & Sebstad, Jennefer & O'Connell, Lesley
- 611-627 Labor Markets as Gendered Institutions: Equality, Efficiency and Empowerment Issues
by Elson, Diane
1999, Volume 27, Issue 2
- 225-247 Environmental Entitlements: Dynamics and Institutions in Community-Based Natural Resource Management
by Leach, Melissa & Mearns, Robin & Scoones, Ian
- 249-269 Social Vulnerability to Climate Change and Extremes in Coastal Vietnam
by Neil Adger, W.
- 271-283 "We Are Not Compensating Rocks": Resettlement and Traditional Religious Systems
by Berg, Todd M. Vanden
- 285-300 Towards A More Effective Conditionality: An Operational Framework
by Leandro, Jose E. & Schafer, Hartwig & Frontini, Gaspar
- 301-321 Initial Conditions and Miraculous Growth: Why is South East Asia Different From Taiwan and South Korea?
by Booth, Anne
- 323-341 The Long Gestation and Brief Triumph of Import-Substituting Industrialization
by Waterbury, John
- 343-360 Privatization, Technical Efficiency and Welfare Consequences: The Case of the Cote d'Ivoire Electricity Company (CIE)
by Plane, Patrick
- 361-374 NGO Performance - What Breeds Success? New Evidence from South Asia
by Edwards, Michael
- 375-380 Easing Countries' Transitions From Price Controls and Subsidies
by Collinge, Robert A. & De La Cruz, Justino
- 381-401 Contract Farming, Smallholders, and Rural Development in Latin America: The Organization of Agroprocessing Firms and the Scale of Outgrower Production
by Key, Nigel & Runsten, David
- 403-418 Facilitating the Provision of Farm Credit: The Role of Interlocking Transactions Between Traders and Zamindars in Crop Marketing Systems in Sindh
by Smith, Laurence E. D. & Stockbridge, Michael & Lohano, Hari Ram
- 419-430 Demystifying Nonparticipation in Microcredit: A Population-Based Analysis
by Evans, Timothy G. & Adams, Alayne M. & Mohammed, Rafi & Norris, Alison H.
- 431-438 Who Participates in Labor-Intensive Public Works in Sub-Saharan Africa? Evidence from Rural Botswana and Kenya
by Teklu, Tesfaye & Asefa, Sisay
1999, Volume 27, Issue 1
- 1-20 Poverty, livelihood and class in rural South Africa
by Carter, Michael R. & May, Julian
- 21-38 Hypergrowth in an East Asian NIC: Public policy and capital accumulation in Singapore
by Ermisch, J. F. & Huff, W. G.
- 39-53 Understanding the role of leadership in economic policy reform
by Wallis, Joe
- 55-65 The role of small enterprises in the household and national economy in Kenya: A significant contribution or a last resort?
by Daniels, Lisa
- 67-82 Micro-credit initiatives for equitable and sustainable development: Who pays?
by Rahman, Aminur
- 83-99 Informal potato seed systems in the Andes: Why are they important and what should we do with them?
by Thiele, Graham
- 101-114 The role of bamboo plantations in rural development: The case of Anji County, Zhejiang, China
by Perez, Manuel Ruiz & Maogong, Zhong & Belcher, Brian & Chen, Xie & Maoyi, Fu & Jinzhong, Xie
- 115-136 Bureaucrats in business: The roles of privatization versus corporatization in state-owned enterprise reform
by Shirley, Mary M.
- 137-155 Why haven't developing countries privatized deeper and faster?
by Ramamurti, Ravi
- 157-168 A theory of privatization, or why bureaucrats are still in business
by Yarrow, George
- 169-200 Beyond privatization: Institutional innovation and growth in China's large state-owned enterprises
by Nolan, Peter & Xiaoqiang, Wang
- 201-213 Privatization in Africa: An appraisal
by Ariyo, Ademola & Jerome, Afeikhena
- 215-224 Privatization and the private sector
by Kuczynski, Pedro-Pablo
1998, Volume 26, Issue 12
- 2105-2118 The participatory approach: Contradiction and co-option in Burkina Faso
by Michener, Victoria J.
- 2119-2135 Gender, poverty and deprivation: Evidence from the Republic of Guinea
by Shaffer, Paul
- 2137-2151 Targeted poverty investments and economic growth in China
by Rozelle, Scott & Park, Albert & Benziger, Vincent & Changqing Ren
- 2153-2167 Forestry and the environment in China: the current situation and strategic choices
by Yin, Runsheng
- 2169-2179 Poverty and environmental degradation: A review and analysis of the nexus
by Duraiappah, Anantha K.
- 2181-2199 Employee job satisfaction in developing countries: The case of Kenya
by Mulinge, Munyae & Mueller, Charles W.
- 2201-2211 Fiscal decentralization in Indonesia: A comment on smoke and lewis
by Beier, Christoph & Ferrazzi, Gabriele
- 2213-2217 Reply to Beier and Ferrazzi
by Lewis, Blane D. & Smoke, Paue
- 2219-2220 Carbon intensity and economic development 1961-1991: A comment on Roberts and Grimes
by Mcnaughton, Daniel J. & Tsoung-Chao Lee
- 2221-2221 Reply to McNaughton and Lee
by Roberts, J. Timmons & Grimes, Peter
- 2223-2230 The pendulum swings -- An apt analogy? 1997 Northeastern Universities development consortium conference keynote talk
by Westphal, Larry E.
1998, Volume 26, Issue 11
- 1913-1919 The demographic crisis in the former Soviet Union: Introduction
by Becker, Charles & Bloom, David
- 1921-1937 Demographic implications of the Russian mortality crisis
by Bennett, Neil G. & Bloom, David E. & Ivanov, Serguey F.