Journal of Health Economics
Contact information of Elsevier:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505560
Download restrictions: Full text for ScienceDirect subscribers only
Editor: J. P. Newhouse
Editor: A. J. Culyer
Editor: R. Frank
Editor: K. Claxton
Additional information is available for the following
registered editor(s): Karl Philip Claxton
Anthony J. Culyer
For corrections or technical questions regarding this series, please contact (Zhang, Lei)
Series handle: repec:eee:jhecon
Citations RSS feed: at CitEc
Impact factors: Simple, Recursive, Discounted, Recursive discounted, H-Index, Aggregate
Access and download statistics
Top item: By citations. By downloads (last 12 months).
2001, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 85-107 The economics of regulatory mandates on the HMO market
by Encinosa, William
- 109-129 Addressing uncertainty in medical cost-effectiveness analysis: Implications of expected utility maximization for methods to perform sensitivity analysis and the use of cost-effectiveness analysis to set priorities for medical research
by Meltzer, David
- 131-139 Is there a meaningful definition of the value of a statistical life?
by Johansson, Per-Olov
- 141-143 The value of remaining lifetime is close to estimated values of life
by Keeler, Emmett B.
- 145-145 Corrigendum to 'Adaptation and scale of reference bias in self-assessments of quality of life': [Journal of Health Economics 19 (2000) 403-420]
by Groot, Wim
2000, Volume 19, Issue 6
- 829-854 Measuring adverse selection in managed health care
by Frank, Richard G. & Glazer, Jacob & McGuire, Thomas G.
- 855-876 The demand for private health care in the UK
by Propper, Carol
- 877-905 Mental health: market power and governance
by Forder, Julien
- 907-929 Costs and outcomes associated with alternative discharge strategies following joint replacement surgery: analysis of an observational study using a propensity score
by Coyte, Peter C. & Young, Wendy & Croxford, Ruth
- 931-960 Parental leave and child health
by Ruhm, Christopher J.
- 961-981 Disability and the labour market: an analysis of British males
by Kidd, Michael P. & Sloane, Peter J. & Ferko, Ivan
- 983-1006 Efficiency and administrative costs in primary care
by Giuffrida, Antonio & Gravelle, Hugh & Sutton, Matthew
- 1007-1026 Income-related inequality in life-years and quality-adjusted life-years
by Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Johannesson, Magnus
- 1027-1046 Revisiting Rogowski and Newhouse on the indirect costs of teaching: a note on functional form and retransformation in Medicare's payment formulas
by Dalton, Kathleen & Norton, Edward C.
- 1047-1065 Risk sharing and the supply of mental health services
by Rosenthal, Meredith B.
- 1067-1088 Quality incentives in a regulated market with imperfect information and switching costs: capitation in general practice
by Gravelle, Hugh & Masiero, Giuliano
- 1089-1115 Illicit drug use, unemployment, and occupational attainment
by MacDonald, Ziggy & Pudney, Stephen
- 1117-1137 The effect of tobacco advertising bans on tobacco consumption
by Saffer, Henry & Chaloupka, Frank
2000, Volume 19, Issue 5
- 553-583 Equity in the delivery of health care in Europe and the US
by van Doorslaer, Eddy & Wagstaff, Adam & van der Burg, Hattem & Christiansen, Terkel & De Graeve, Diana & Duchesne, Inge & Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Gerfin, Michael & Geurts, Jose & Gross, Lorna
- 585-609 Optimal health insurance: the case of observable, severe illness
by Chernew, Michael E. & Encinosa, William E. & Hirth, Richard A.
- 611-637 The family as producer of health -- an extended grossman model
by Jacobson, Lena
- 639-662 Moral hazard in physician prescription behavior
by Lundin, Douglas
- 663-677 Contracts for health care and asymmetric information
by De Fraja, Gianni
- 679-695 Health care expenditure in the last months of life
by Felder, Stefan & Meier, Markus & Schmitt, Horst
- 697-718 Standard errors for the retransformation problem with heteroscedasticity
by Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C.
- 719-730 Health care evaluation, utilitarianism and distortionary taxes
by Calcott, Paul
- 731-753 Consumer satisfaction and supplier induced demand
by Carlsen, Fredrik & Grytten, Jostein
- 755-766 Incorporating option values into the economic evaluation of health care technologies
by Palmer, Stephen & Smith, Peter C.
- 767-791 Hospital mergers and acquisitions: does market consolidation harm patients?
by Ho, Vivian & Hamilton, Barton H.
- 793-809 HMO penetration and the geographic mobility of practicing physicians
by Polsky, Daniel & Kletke, Phillip R. & Wozniak, Gregory D. & Escarce, Jose J.
- 811-820 Correction note on "The demand for health with uncertainty and insurance"
by Tabata, Ken & Ohkusa, Yasushi
- 821-827 Insurance and imperfect financial markets in Grossman's demand for health model -- a reply to Tabata and Ohkusa
by Liljas, Bengt
2000, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 421-437 Addiction as a market failure: using rational addiction results to justify tobacco regulation
by Laux, Fritz L.
- 439-459 On the economic foundations of CEA. Ladies and gentlemen, take your positions!
by Brouwer, Werner B. F. & Koopmanschap, Marc A.
- 461-475 On stationarity and cointegration of international health expenditure and GDP
by Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Lothgren, Mickael
- 477-498 Properties of actuarially fair and pay-as-you-go health insurance schemes for the elderly. An OLG model approach
by Johansson, Per-Olov
- 499-512 Risk segmentation: goal or problem?
by Feldman, Roger & Dowd, Bryan
- 513-528 An efficient employer strategy for dealing with adverse selection in multiple-plan offerings: an MSA example
by Pauly, Mark V. & Herring, Bradley J.
- 529-539 Health insurance and retirement behavior: evidence from the health and retirement survey
by Rogowski, Jeannette & Karoly, Lynn
- 541-550 A note on eliciting distributive preferences for health
by Olsen, Jan Abel
2000, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 291-309 Medical profiling: improving standards and risk adjustments using hierarchical models
by Burgess Jr., James F. & Christiansen, Cindy L. & Michalak, Sarah E. & Morris, Carl N.
- 311-339 Access to coverage for high-risks in a competitive individual health insurance market: via premium rate restrictions or risk-adjusted premium subsidies?
by van de Ven, Wynand P. M. M. & van Vliet, Rene C. J. A. & Schut, Frederik T. & van Barneveld, Erik M.
- 341-367 Uncertain lifetime, life protection, and the value of life saving
by Ehrlich, Isaac
- 369-401 Incorporating psycho-social considerations into health valuation: an experimental study
by Cookson, Richard
- 403-420 Adaptation and scale of reference bias in self-assessments of quality of life
by Groot, Wim
2000, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 141-157 The future of health economics1
by Fuchs, Victor R.
- 159-195 Cross-national price differences for pharmaceuticals: how large, and why?
by Danzon, Patricia M. & Chao, Li-Wei
- 197-218 Adverse selection and categorical discrimination in the health insurance markets: the effects of genetic tests
by Strohmenger, R. & Wambach, A.
- 219-230 The willingness to pay for wait reduction: the disutility of queues for cataract surgery in Canada, Denmark, and Spain
by Bishai, David M. & Lang, Hui Chu
- 231-258 A model of physician behaviour with demand inducement
by De Jaegher, Kris & Jegers, Marc
- 259-270 Health care is an individual necessity and a national luxury: applying multilevel decision models to the analysis of health care expenditures
by Getzen, Thomas E.
- 271-282 The effects of beer taxes on physical child abuse
by Markowitz, Sara & Grossman, Michael
- 283-287 International comparisons of pharmaceutical prices: what do we know, and what does it mean?
by Berndt, Ernst R.
2000, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-31 Public insurance substituting for private insurance: new evidence regarding public hospitals, uncompensated care funds, and medicaid
by Rask, Kevin N. & Rask, Kimberly J.
- 33-60 Did the Medicaid expansions for children displace private insurance? An analysis using the SIPP
by Blumberg, Linda J. & Dubay, Lisa & Norton, Stephen A.
- 61-91 Medicaid and crowding out of private insurance: a re-examination using firm level data
by Shore-Sheppard, Lara & Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Jensen, Gail A.
- 93-119 Recent trends in employer-sponsored health insurance coverage: are bad jobs getting worse?
by Farber, Henry S. & Levy, Helen
- 121-140 'Competition' among employers offering health insurance
by Dranove, David & Spier, Kathryn E. & Baker, Laurence
1999, Volume 18, Issue 6
- 681-708 Life-cycle preferences over consumption and health: when is cost-effectiveness analysis equivalent to cost-benefit analysis?
by Bleichrodt, Han & Quiggin, John
- 709-725 Premium subsidies for health insurance: excessive coverage vs. adverse selection
by Selden, Thomas M.
- 727-745 Optimal social health insurance with supplementary private insurance
by Petretto, Alessandro
- 747-767 Estimating the quality of care in hospitals using instrumental variables
by Gowrisankaran, Gautam & Town, Robert J.
- 769-793 The complementarity of teen smoking and drinking
by Dee, Thomas S.
- 795-810 The price elasticity of opium in Taiwan, 1914-1942
by Liu, Jin-Long & Liu, Jin-Tan & Hammitt, James K. & Chou, Shin-Yi
- 811-824 The economics of moral hazard revisited
by Nyman, John A.
1999, Volume 18, Issue 5
- 523-550 The menu-setting problem and subsidized prices: drug formulary illustration
by Olmstead, Todd & Zeckhauser, Richard
- 551-570 Estimating parametric relationships between health description and health valuation with an application to the EuroQol EQ-5D
by Busschbach, Jan J. V. & McDonnell, Joseph & Essink-Bot, Marie-Louise & van Hout, Ben A.
- 571-590 The impact of managed care on the existence of equilibrium in health insurance markets
by Chernew, Michael E. & Frick, Kevin D.
- 591-602 Cost and quality trends under managed care: is there a learning curve in behavioral health carve-out plans?
by Sturm, Roland
- 603-620 The distribution of health and income: a theoretical framework
by Contoyannis, Paul & Forster, Martin
- 621-652 The profitability of vertical mergers between hospitals and physician practices
by Gal-Or, Esther
- 653-658 Comparative dynamics in a health investment model
by Eisenring, Christoph
- 659-668 A note on 'Economic conditions and alcohol problems'
by Freeman, Donald G.
- 669-678 Increased capacity may exacerbate rationing problems: with applications to medical care
by Glazer, Amihai & Rothenberg, Lawrence S.
1999, Volume 18, Issue 4
- 393-407 Addiction and discounting1
by Bretteville-Jensen, A. L.
- 409-427 Firm behavior in a market with addiction: the case of cigarettes
by Showalter, Mark H.
- 429-441 An econometric analysis of smoking prevalence among lone mothers
by Dorsett, Richard
- 443-458 Would you like suspenders to go with that belt? An analysis of optimal combinations of cost sharing and managed care
by Pauly, Mark V. & Ramsey, Scott D.
- 459-472 Cost-sharing and pharmaceutical utilisation and expenditure in Russia
by Street, Andrew & Jones, Andrew & Furuta, Aya
- 473-490 Physician fees and procedure intensity: the case of cesarean delivery
by Gruber, Jon & Kim, John & Mayzlin, Dina
- 491-522 The impact of malpractice fears on cesarean section rates
by Dubay, Lisa & Kaestner, Robert & Waidmann, Timothy
1999, Volume 18, Issue 3
- 263-290 Equity in the finance of health care: some further international comparisons1
by Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy & van der Burg, Hattem & Calonge, Samuel & Christiansen, Terkel & Citoni, Guido & Gerdtham, Ulf-G & Gerfin, Mike & Gross, Lorna & Hakinnen, Unto
- 291-313 The redistributive effect of health care finance in twelve OECD countries
by van Doorslaer, Eddy & Wagstaff, Adam & van der Burg, Hattem & Christiansen, Terkel & Citoni, Guido & Di Biase, Rita & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Gerfin, Mike & Gross, Lorna & Hakinnen, Unto
- 315-340 Capitation contracts: access and quality
by Gravelle, Hugh
- 341-364 The irrelevance of inference: a decision-making approach to the stochastic evaluation of health care technologies
by Claxton, Karl
- 365-380 On the use of survival analysis techniques to estimate medical care costs
by Etzioni, Ruth D. & Feuer, Eric J. & Sullivan, Sean D. & Lin, Danyu & Hu, Chengcheng & Ramsey, Scott D.
- 381-386 On aggregating QALYs: a comment on Dolan
by Johannesson, Magnus
- 387-390 Drawing a veil over the measurement of social welfare--a reply to Johannesson
by Dolan, Paul
1999, Volume 18, Issue 2
- 141-152 The value of health insurance: the access motive
by Nyman, John A.
- 153-171 Modeling risk using generalized linear models
by Blough, David K. & Madden, Carolyn W. & Hornbrook, Mark C.
- 173-193 Health problems as determinants of retirement: Are self-rated measures endogenous?
by Dwyer, Debra Sabatini & Mitchell, Olivia S.
- 195-218 Medical savings accounts: microsimulation results from a model with adverse selection
by Zabinski, Daniel & Selden, Thomas M. & Moeller, John F. & Banthin, Jessica S.
- 219-240 Consumer information and competition between nonprofit and for-profit nursing homes
by Hirth, Richard A.
- 241-257 The effects of short-term variation in abortion funding on pregnancy outcomes
by Cook, Philip J. & Parnell, Allan M. & Moore, Michael J. & Pagnini, Deanna
1999, Volume 18, Issue 1
- 1-29 An economic theory of cigarette addiction
by Suranovic, Steven M. & Goldfarb, Robert S. & Leonard, Thomas C.
- 31-67 Impact of augmented prenatal care on birth outcomes of Medicaid recipients in New York City
by Joyce, Theodore
- 69-86 The changing effects of competition on non-profit and for-profit hospital pricing behavior
by Keeler, Emmett B. & Melnick, Glenn & Zwanziger, Jack
- 87-98 Competition and pricing by nonprofit hospitals: a reassessment of Lynk's analysis
by Dranove, David & Ludwick, Richard
- 99-116 Price and profit
by Lynk, William J. & Neumann, Lynette R.
- 117-124 A note on validating Wagstaff and van Doorslaer's health measure in the analysis of inequalities in health
by Gerdtham, U. -G. & Johannesson, M. & Lundberg, L. & Isacson, D.
- 125-137 Adjustment costs, withdrawal effects, and cigarette addiction
by Jones, Andrew M.
1998, Volume 17, Issue 6
- 645-673 The effects of regulation and competition in the NHS internal market: the case of general practice fundholder prices
by Propper, Carol & Wilson, Deborah & Soderlund, Neil
- 675-699 Physician response to Medicare fee reductions: changes in the volume of coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgeries in the Medicare and private sectors
by Yip, Winnie C.
- 701-728 Incentives for cooperation in quality improvement among hospitals--the impact of the reimbursement system
by Kesteloot, K. & Voet, N.
- 729-745 Determinants of managed care penetration
by Dranove, David & J. Simon, Carol & White, William D.
- 747-765 The labour market costs of community care1
by Carmichael, Fiona & Charles, Sue
- 767-787 Cost-benefit analysis and mammographic screening: a travel cost approach
by Clarke, Philip M.
1998, Volume 17, Issue 5
- 511-535 Workplace performance effects from chronic depression and its treatment
by Berndt, Ernst R. & Finkelstein, Stan N. & Greenberg, Paul E. & Howland, Robert H. & Keith, Alison & Rush, A. John & Russell, James & Keller, Martin B.
- 537-555 Creaming, skimping and dumping: provider competition on the intensive and extensive margins1
by Ellis, Randall P.
- 557-585 Does increasing the beer tax reduce marijuana consumption?
by Pacula, Rosalie Liccardo
- 587-605 Agency in health care. Examining patients' preferences for attributes of the doctor-patient relationship
by Vick, Sandra & Scott, Anthony
- 607-625 QALYs versus HYEs--what's right and what's wrong. A review of the controversy
by Ried, Walter
- 627-644 Time spent on waiting lists for medical care: an insurance approach
by Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov & Soderqvist, Tore
1998, Volume 17, Issue 4
- 383-425 Comparative dynamic analysis of the full Grossman model
by Ried, Walter
- 427-474 The demand for cocaine by young adults: a rational addiction approach
by Grossman, Michael & Chaloupka, Frank J.
- 475-497 Alternative approaches to valuing intangible health losses: the evidence for multiple sclerosis1
by Sloan, Frank A. & Kip Viscusi, W. & Chesson, Harrell W. & Conover, Christopher J. & Whetten-Goldstein, Kathryn
- 499-509 On optimal length of life
by Grossman, Michael
1998, Volume 17, Issue 3
- 247-281 Much ado about two: reconsidering retransformation and the two-part model in health econometrics
by Mullahy, John
- 283-295 The logged dependent variable, heteroscedasticity, and the retransformation problem
by Manning, Willard G.
- 297-320 A model of the impact of reimbursement schemes on health plan choice
by Keeler, Emmett B. & Carter, Grace & Newhouse, Joseph P.
- 321-349 Why did the SSI-disabled program grow so much? Disentangling the effect of Medicaid
by Yelowitz, Aaron S.
- 351-368 Medicaid managed care and infant health
by Levinson, Arik & Ullman, Frank
- 369-376 Health care expenditures and GDP: panel data unit root test results
by McCoskey, Suzanne K. & Selden, Thomas M.
- 377-381 Health care expenditure and GDP: panel data unit root test results--comment
by Hansen, Paul & King, Alan
1998, Volume 17, Issue 2
- 129-151 Physician opportunity costs in physician practice cost functions
by Escarce, Jose J. & Pauly, Mark V.
- 153-170 The demand for health with uncertainty and insurance
by Liljas, Bengt
- 171-185 The effect of uncertainty on the demand for medical care, health capital and wealth
by Picone, Gabriel & Uribe, Martin & Mark Wilson, R.
- 187-210 Stochastic technology, production organization and costs
by Chetty, V. K.
- 211-228 Evidence on the determinants of Canadian provincial government health expenditures: 1965-1991
by Di Matteo, Livio & Di Matteo, Rosanna
- 229-243 Phobic disorder, psychotherapy, and risk-taking: an economic perspective
by Yaniv, Gideon
1998, Volume 17, Issue 1
- 1-19 Contracting for health services when patient demand does not reflect quality
by Chalkley, Martin & Malcomson, James M.
- 21-38 Price regulation of pharmaceuticals in Canada
by Anis, Aslam H. & Wen, Quan
- 39-52 The measurement of individual utility and social welfare
by Dolan, Paul
- 53-68 Alcohol use and wages: New results from the national household survey on drug abuse
by Zarkin, Gary A. & French, Michael T. & Mroz, Thomas & Bray, Jeremy W.
- 69-83 Economies of scale in non-revenue producing cost centers: Implications for hospital mergers
by Dranove, David
- 85-104 The effects of low-pay and unemployment on psychological well-being: A logistic regression approach
by Theodossiou, I.
- 105-115 Do people shift their use of health services over time to take advantage of insurance?
by Long, Stephen H. & Marquis, M. Susan & Rodgers, Jack
- 117-127 Is there underinvestment in R & D about prevention?
by Dranove, David
1997, Volume 16, Issue 6
- 625-639 Theories of justice and their implications for priority setting in health care
by Olsen, Jan Abel
- 667-683 Measurement of consumer-patient preferences using a hybrid contingent valuation method
by O'Conor, Richard M. & Blomquist, Glenn C.
- 685-702 Disability-adjusted life years: a critical review
by Anand, Sudhir & Hanson, Kara
- 703-730 Understanding DALYs
by Murray, Christopher J. L. & Acharya, Arnab K.
- 731-739 The time trade-off: A note on the effect of lifetime reallocation of consumption and discounting
by Dolan, Paul & Jones-Lee, Michael
- 741-747 A bootstrap approach to medical decision analysis
by Mennemeyer, Stephen T. & Cyr, Louis P.
- 749-757 On valuing morbidity, cost-effectiveness analysis, and being rude
by Kenkel, Don
1997, Volume 16, Issue 5
- 499-516 Progressivity, horizontal equity and reranking in health care finance: a decomposition analysis for the Netherlands
by Wagstaff, Adam & van Doorslaer, Eddy
- 517-542 Contracts and purchaser-provider relationships in community care
by Forder, Julien
- 543-562 Adverse selection and the purchase of Medigap insurance by the elderly
by Ettner, Susan L.
- 563-578 HYE and TTO: What is the difference?
by Morrison, Gwendolyn C.
- 579-588 Contractual choice in the managed health care market An empirical analysis
by Csaba, Ivan & Fenn, Paul
- 589-599 Is the valuation of a QALY gained independent of age? Some empirical evidence
by Johannesson, Magnus & Johansson, Per-Olov
- 601-608 QALYs and HYEs Spotting the differences
by Gafni, Amiram & Birch, Stephen
- 609-615 On the use of market prices to evaluate medical treatments
by Johansson, Per-Olov
- 617-617 A clarificatory note on 'Valuing health states: a comparison of methods'
by Dolan, Paul
- 619-622 Medical costs in workers' compensation insurance: comment
by Leigh, J. Paul & Ward, Michael M.
- 623-624 Medical costs in workers' compensation insurance: Reply
by Baker, Laurence C. & Krueger, Alan B.
1997, Volume 16, Issue 4
- 381-396 The effect of a private sector on the waiting time in a national health service
by Iversen, Tor
- 397-416 Altruism or moral hazard: The impact of hospital uncompensated care pools
by Gaskin, Darrell J.
- 417-434 Hospital-insurer bargaining: An empirical investigation of appendectomy pricing
by Brooks, John M. & Dor, Avi & Wong, Herbert S.
- 435-452 Genetic information and investment in human capital
by Holm, Hakan J.
- 453-481 The effect of HMOs on fee-for-service health care expenditures: Evidence from Medicare
by Baker, Laurence C.
- 483-497 Too many for too few? Efficiency among dentists working in private practice in Norway
by Grytten, Jostein & Dalen, Dag Morten
1997, Volume 16, Issue 3
- 261-286 Testing the HMO competitive strategy: An analysis of its impact on medical care resources
by Hill, Steven C. & Wolfe, Barbara L.
- 287-301 Taxation, smuggling and demand for cigarettes in Canada: Evidence from time-series data
by Galbraith, John W. & Kaiserman, Murray
- 303-321 Optimal non-linear health insurance
by Blomqvist, Ake
- 323-342 Do fee descriptors influence treatment choices in general practice? A multilevel discrete choice model
by Scott, Anthony & Shiell, Alan
- 343-357 Willingness to pay for poison control centers
by Phillips, Kathryn A. & Homan, Rick K. & Luft, Harold S. & Hiatt, Patricia H. & Olson, Kent R. & Kearney, Thomas E. & Heard, Stuart E.
- 359-373 Price, tobacco control policies and smoking among young adults
by Chaloupka, Frank J. & Wechsler, Henry
- 375-380 Worker demand for health insurance in the non-group market: A note on the calculation of welfare loss
by Chernew, Michael & Frick, Kevin & McLaughlin, Catherine G.
1997, Volume 16, Issue 2
- 129-154 Medical insurance and the use of health care services by the elderly
by Hurd, Michael D. & McGarry, Kathleen
- 155-175 Standard gamble, time trade-off and rating scale: Experimental results on the ranking properties of QALYs
by Bleichrodt, Han & Johannesson, Magnus
- 177-190 Medicare's disproportionate share adjustment and the cost of low-income patients
by Kominski, Gerald F. & Long, Stephen H.
- 191-206 HMOs, moral hazard and cost shifting in workers' compensation
by Butler, Richard J. & Hartwig, Robert P. & Gardner, Harold
- 207-229 Is health care really a luxury?
by Blomqvist, A. G. & Carter, R. A. L.
- 231-247 The effect of price on switching among health plans
by Buchmueller, Thomas C. & Feldstein, Paul J.
- 249-255 The friction cost method: A comment
by Johannesson, Magnus & Karlsson, Goran
- 257-259 Reply to Johanneson's and Karlsson's comment
by Koopmanschap, Marc A. & Rutten, Frans F. H. & van Ineveld, B. Martin & van Roijen, Leona
1997, Volume 16, Issue 1
- 1-31 Economic foundations of cost-effectiveness analysis
by Garber, Alan M. & Phelps, Charles E.
- 33-64 Accounting for future costs in medical cost-effectiveness analysis
by Meltzer, David
- 65-91 Health utility indices and equity considerations
by Bleichrodt, Han
- 93-112 Income-related inequalities in health: some international comparisons
by van Doorslaer, Eddy & Wagstaff, Adam & Bleichrodt, Han & Calonge, Samuel & Gerdtham, Ulf-G. & Gerfin, Michael & Geurts, Jose & Gross, Lorna & Hakkinen, Unto & Leu, Robert E.
- 113-119 The importance of patient preferences for comorbidities in cost-effectiveness analyses
by Harris, Ryan A. & Nease, Robert Jr.
- 121-128 Theoretical issues in cost-effectiveness analysis
by Weinstein, Milton C. & Manning, Willard Jr.
1996, Volume 15, Issue 6
- 657-684 Scale and scope economies among health maintenance organizations
by Wholey, Douglas & Feldman, Roger & Christianson, Jon B. & Engberg, John
- 685-713 Economies of scale and scope as an explanation of merger and output diversification activities in the health maintenance organization industry
by Given, Ruth S.
- 715-734 Externalities in hospitals and physician adoption of a new surgical technology: An exploratory analysis
by Escarce, JoseJ.
- 735-749 An empirical examination of the implications of assortative matching on the incidence of HIV
by Dow, William H. & Philipson, Tomas
- 751-754 Smoking cessation and health: A comment
by Shmueli, Amir
- 755-759 Smoking cessation and health: A response
by Jones, Andrew M.
1996, Volume 15, Issue 5
- 513-553 State abortion rates the impact of policies, providers, politics, demographics, and economic environment
by Blank, Rebecca M. & George, Christine C. & London, Rebecca A.
- 555-578 The effect of Medicaid abortion funding restrictions on abortions, pregnancies and births
by Levine, Phillip B. & Trainor, Amy B. & Zimmerman, David J.
- 579-607 State reproductive policies and adolescent pregnancy resolution: The case of parental involvement laws
by Joyce, Theodore & Kaestner, Robert
- 609-639 Health insurance: The tradeoff between risk pooling and moral hazard
by Manning, Willard G. & Marquis, M. Susan
- 641-653 Mathematical programming for the efficient allocation of health care resources
by Stinnett, Aaron A. & Paltiel, A. David
1996, Volume 15, Issue 4
- 387-408 Adverse selection and regulation in health insurance markets
by Neudeck, Werner & Podczeck, Konrad
- 409-434 Employment, unemployment, and problem drinking
by Mullahy, John & Sindelar, Jody
- 435-454 Alcohol policies and highway vehicle fatalities
by Ruhm, Christopher J.
- 455-476 The effects of enriched prenatal care services on Medicaid birth outcomes in New Jersey
by Reichman, Nancy E. & Florio, Maryanne J.
- 477-498 The choice of medical providers in rural Benin: A comparison of discrete choice models
by Bolduc, Denis & Lacroix, Guy & Muller, Christophe
- 499-512 Do cigarette producers price-discriminate by state? An empirical analysis of local cigarette pricing and taxation
by Keeler, Theodore E. & Hu, Teh-wei & Barnett, Paul G. & Manning, Willard G. & Sung, Hai-Yen