Endogenous Firm Heterogeneity, ICT and R&D Incentives
AbstractFirm heterogeneity explains the productivity driven selection mechanism that determines aggregate productivity growth within industries. This paper empirically demonstrates that ICT has a robust impact on firm heterogeneity only when ICT is used intensively and jointly with specific ICT applications. ICT induced heterogeneity is shown to have a positive impact on the decision to invest in R&D personnel. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research in its series ZEW Discussion Papers with number 08-126.
Date of creation: 2008
Date of revision:
Firm Heterogeneity; Information and Communication Technologies; Creative Destruction; R&D Incentives; Firm Level Data;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2013.
"Evidence on the impact of R&D and ICT investments on innovation and productivity in Italian firms,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(3), pages 300-328, April.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2012. "Evidence on the impact of R&D and ICT investment on innovation and productivity in Italian firms," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 874, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Francesca Lotti & Jacques Mairesse, 2012. "Evidence on the Impact of R&D and ICT Investment on Innovation and Productivity in Italian Firms," NBER Working Papers 18053, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.