Informationen sind anders: Was bei einer ökonomischen Analyse von Wissenschaft und Internet zu beachten ist
AbstractInformationen sind anders als normale, insbesondere private Güter, was bei der ökonomischen Analyse zu berücksichtigen ist. An den Beispielen Wissenschaft und Internet werden einige Besonderheiten von Informationen vorgestellt und Folgerungen daraus gezogen. -- Information are different from normal, especially private goods. This has to be considered in an economic analysis. Using science and the internet as examples, some specific characteristics of information are presented and implications are derived.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Münster, Institute for Organisational Economics in its series Discussion Papers of the Institute for Organisational Economics with number 6/2014.
Date of creation: 2014
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Universitätsstr. 14-16, 48143 Münster
Phone: 02 51 / 83-2 29 10
Fax: 02 51 / 83-2 83 99
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-muenster.de/io/en/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- B31 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought: Individuals - - - Individuals
- D2 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations
- D62 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Externalities
- D80 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - General
- H81 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Governmental Loans; Loan Guarantees; Credits; Grants; Bailouts
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- O34 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Intellectual Property and Intellectual Capital
- P14 - Economic Systems - - Capitalist Systems - - - Property Rights
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-08-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2014-08-09 (German Papers)
- NEP-ICT-2014-08-09 (Information & Communication Technologies)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frey, Bruno S & Oberholzer-Gee, Felix, 1997. "The Cost of Price Incentives: An Empirical Analysis of Motivation Crowding-Out," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 87(4), pages 746-55, September.
- Richard R. Nelson, 1959. "The Simple Economics of Basic Scientific Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 67, pages 297.
- Frey, Bruno S., 1997. "On the relationship between intrinsic and extrinsic work motivation1," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 427-439, July.
- Kenneth Arrow, 1962. "Economic Welfare and the Allocation of Resources for Invention," NBER Chapters, in: The Rate and Direction of Inventive Activity: Economic and Social Factors, pages 609-626 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.