Nullifying vs. dummifying players or nullified vs. dummified players: The difference between the equal division value and the equal surplus division value
AbstractWe provide new characterizations of the equal surplus division value and the equal division value as well as of the class of their convex mixtures. This way, the difference between the Shapley value, the equal division value, and the equal surplus division value is pinpointed to one axiom. Moreover, we shed light on solidarity principles embodied in the equal division value and in the equal surplus division values. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science in its series Working Papers with number 110.
Date of creation: 2012
Date of revision:
solidarity; nullifying player; equal division value; equal surplus division value; desirability;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D60 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald Ian McKinnon & Gunther Schnabl, 2008.
"China’s Exchange Rate Impasse and the Weak U.S. Dollar,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2386, CESifo Group Munich.
- McKinnon, Ronald & Schnabl, Gunther, 2008. "China's exchange rate impasse and the weak U.S. dollar," Working Papers 73, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Bretschger, Lucas & Steger, Thomas, 2013.
"Globalization, The Volatility Of Intermediate Goods Prices, And Economic Growth,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(02), pages 402-430, March.
- Thomas M. Steger & Lucas Bretschger, 2005. "Globalization, the volatility of intermediate goods prices and economic growth," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 05/40, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Grossmann, Volker & Steger, Thomas M. & Trimborn, Timo, 2013.
"The macroeconomics of TANSTAAFL,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(PA), pages 76-85.
- Grossmann, Volker & Steger, Thomas M. & Trimborn, Timo, 2011. "The Macroeconomics of TANSTAAFL," Diskussionspapiere der Wirtschaftswissenschaftlichen FakultÃÂ¤t der Leibniz UniversitÃÂ¤t Hannover dp-482, Leibniz UniversitÃ¤t Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche FakultÃ¤t.
- Volker Grossmann & Thomas Steger & Timo Trimborn, 2011. "The Macroeconomics of TANSTAAFL," CESifo Working Paper Series 3651, CESifo Group Munich.
- Grossmann, Volker & Steger, Thomas M. & Trimborn, Timo, 2011. "The macroeconomics of TANSTAAFL," Working Papers 101, University of Leipzig, Faculty of Economics and Management Science.
- Volker Grossmann & Thomas M. Steger & Timo Trimborn, 2012. "The Macroeconomics of TANSTAAFL," DEGIT Conference Papers c017_041, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Sylvain Béal & Eric Rémila & Philippe Solal, 2013. "Preserving or removing special players: what keeps your payoff unchanged in TU-games?," Working Papers 2013-09, CRESE.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.