Maßnahmen zur Vermeidung von Altersarmut: Makroökonomische Folgen und Verteilungseffekte
AbstractThere is an intensive debate about old-age poverty in Germany that has induced political parties to develop proposals for higher pensions of poor pensioners in light of the federal elections of September 2013. In addition, several proposals from economists aim at reforming the pension system in a way that mitigates oldage poverty. In this paper, we consider these proposals in a computable general equilibrium model in order to derive their effects on the income distribution, on employment, on the capital stock and on GDP. Our results indicate that negative employment, capital and GDP effects are induced by such reforms as compared to the alternative of basic means-tested social welfare in old-age. Moreover, the strongest beneficiaries would be the currently higher age employees with low income and much less the respective younger employees, while younger and higher age employees with high and medium incomes will lose. --
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Walter Eucken Institut e.V. in its series Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics with number 13/10.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Goethestrasse 10, D-79100 Freiburg im Breisgau
Web page: http://www.walter-eucken-institut.de/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Lars P. Feld & Manuel Kallweit & Anabell Kohlmeier, 2013. "Maßnahmen zur Vermeidung von Altersarmut: Makroökonomische Folgen und Verteilungseffekte," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 14(3-4), pages 279-304, 08.
- Feld, Lars P. & Kallweit, Manuel & Kohlmeier, Anabell, 2013. "Maßnahmen zur Vermeidung von Altersarmut: Makroökonomische Folgen und Verteilungseffekte," Working Papers 03/2013, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
- NEP-AGE-2013-12-06 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2013-12-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-GER-2013-12-06 (German Papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vanberg, Viktor J., 2005. "Auch Staaten tut Wettbewerb gut: Eine Replik auf Paul Kirchhof," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 05/2, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Viktor Vanberg, 2007. "Corporate social responsibility and the ‘game of catallaxy’: the perspective of constitutional economics," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 199-222, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.