A Theoretical Model of Developing Country Inflationary Dynamics
AbstractA standard monetary infaltion model is expanded to include import and labor costs in a theoretically logical manner. Implications for estimation are discussed, with special attention given to developing country data concerns. Care is taken to discuss model development within the historical context of emerging market inflationary studies and modern applied econometric model testing.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Macroeconomics with number 0407031.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 26 Jul 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - doc; pages: 17
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://18.104.22.168
Developing Economies; Inflationary Dynamics;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2004-08-02 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2004-08-02 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kenneth M. Emery & Chih-Ping Chang, 1997. "Is there a stable relationship between capacity utilization and inflation?," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q I, pages 14-20.
- Carl F. Christ, 1993. "Assessing applied econometric results," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 71-94.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Fischer, Stanley, 1993.
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 7(1), pages 1-44, January.
- Amemiya, Takeshi, 1980. "Selection of Regressors," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 21(2), pages 331-54, June.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Cuauhtemoc Calderon, 2004.
"Inflationary Pressure Determinants in Mexico,"
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Roberto Tinajero, 2004. "Short-Run Price Dynamics in Mexico," Macroeconomics 0407027, EconWPA.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Sylvanus I Ikhide, 2004. "An Econometric Analysis of the Nigerian Consumer Price Index," Development and Comp Systems 0407010, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.