Short-Run Price Movements in Ecuador
AbstractA theoretical model of inflationary dynamics in Ecuador is specified for the pre-dollarization period when the sucre was still the official currency. Parameter estimation is carried out using a battery of time series techniques. Monthly data from January 1964 to December 1994 are used in the empirical analysis. Variables shown to influence consumer price movements include the money supply, the exchange rate, and the implicit cost of holding idle cash balances.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Macroeconomics with number 0407028.
Length: 17 pages
Date of creation: 22 Jul 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - doc; pages: 17
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Ecuador; Inflation; Time Series Analysis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E31 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Price Level; Inflation; Deflation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-07-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAM-2004-07-26 (Central & South America)
- NEP-MAC-2004-07-26 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2004-07-26 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ben S. Bernanke & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1997.
"Inflation Targeting: A New Framework for Monetary Policy?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 97-116, Spring.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1997. "Inflation Targeting: A New Framework for Monetary Policy?," NBER Working Papers 5893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew J. Filardo, 1998. "New evidence on the output cost of fighting inflation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Cuauhtemoc Calderon, 2004.
"Inflationary Pressure Determinants in Mexico,"
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Sylvanus I Ikhide, 2004. "An Econometric Analysis of the Nigerian Consumer Price Index," Development and Comp Systems 0407010, EconWPA.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Eiichi Araki, 2004. "New Directions in Latin American Macroeconometrics," Development and Comp Systems 0408002, EconWPA.
- Thomas M Fullerton Jr & Richard L Sprinkle, 2004. "Latin American Progress under Structural Reform," Development and Comp Systems 0408012, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.