The Determinants of Property Rights In U.S. Marine Fisheries
AbstractUsing a sample of fisheries managed under the Magnuson Act, a probit model of the probability of property rights adoption is estimated. The probability of adoption increases as ex–vessel revenue increases and as proxies for transaction costs decrease.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Law and Economics with number 0304004.
Length: 10 pages
Date of creation: 22 Apr 2003
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf ; prepared on IBM PC ; pages: 10; figures: Included. Draft Version, Do Not Cite WO permission
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
Fishery Management; Property Rights; Natural Resources;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q22 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Fishery
- Q28 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Government Policy
- K11 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Property Law
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-04-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2003-04-27 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-DCM-2003-04-27 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-LAW-2003-04-27 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2003-04-29 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Agnello, Richard J & Donnelley, Lawrence P, 1975. "Property Rights and Efficiency in the Oyster Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 521-33, October.
- Anderson, Lee G., 1989. "Enforcement Issues in Selecting Fisheries Management Policy," Marine Resource Economics, Marine Resources Foundation, vol. 6(3).
- Milliman, Scott R., 1986. "Optimal fishery management in the presence of illegal activity," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 363-381, December.
- Cheung, Steven N S, 1970. "The Structure of a Contract and the Theory of a Non-exclusive Resource," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(1), pages 49-70, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.