Capital Account Liberalisation: Empirical Evidence and Policy Capital Account Liberalisation: Empirical Evidence and Policy Issues - I
AbstractThis paper documents trends in capital flows into India in a comparative perspective,examines the impact of these flows on key macroeconomic variables and discusses the implications for economic policy........
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series International Finance with number 0405008.
Length: 8 pages
Date of creation: 08 May 2004
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 8
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://220.127.116.11
capital flows; capital account liberalisation; exchange rate appreciation; sterilisation; macroeconomic policy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-05-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-IFN-2004-05-09 (International Finance)
- NEP-REG-2004-05-09 (Regulation)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carmen Reinhart & Mohsin S. Khan, 1995.
"Capital Flows in the APEC Region,"
IMF Occasional Papers
122, International Monetary Fund.
- Takatoshi Ito, 1999.
"Capital Flows in Asia,"
Discussion Paper Series
a371, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Sebastian Edwards & Francisco Gil Diaz & Arminio Fraga, 1999. "Capital Flows to Latin America," NBER Chapters, in: International Capital Flows, pages 5-56 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen Reinhart & Guillermo Calvo, 1992.
"Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America,"
IMF Working Papers
92/62, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1992. "Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America," MPRA Paper 13843, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Linda M. Koenig, 1996. "Capital Inflows and Policy Responses in the AsEAN Region," IMF Working Papers 96/25, International Monetary Fund.
- Claessens, Stijn & Dooley, Michael P & Warner, Andrew, 1995.
"Portfolio Capital Flows: Hot or Cold?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 9(1), pages 153-74, January.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1993.
"“Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors,"
7125, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guillermo A. Calvo & Leonardo Leiderman & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1993. "Capital Inflows and Real Exchange Rate Appreciation in Latin America: The Role of External Factors," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 40(1), pages 108-151, March.
- Corbo, Vittorio & Hernandez, Leonardo, 1994. "Macroeconomic adjustment to capital inflows : Latin American style versus East Asian style," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1377, The World Bank.
- Chuhan, Punam & Claessens, Stijn & Mamingi, Nlandu, 1998. "Equity and bond flows to Latin America and Asia: the role of global and country factors," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 439-463, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.