Review of: Predicting Presidential Elections and Other Things
AbstractRay Fair is one of my favorite econometricians. He has an excellent website, fairmodel.econ.yale.edu, where he freely shares his models. He writes clearly and his methods are reported in detail. He is concerned with the proper use of econometric methods. For example, he has long been opposed to the common practice of making ex post subjective adjustments to forecasts from econometric models. A review of empirical evidence supports his position (Armstrong and Collopy 1998).
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series General Economics and Teaching with number 0502016.
Length: 2 pages
Date of creation: 04 Feb 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 2
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://126.96.36.199
presidential elections; forecasting;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- A - General Economics and Teaching
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-04-16 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- JS Armstrong, 2004.
"Would Mandatory Attendance Be Effective for Economics Classes?,"
General Economics and Teaching
- J. S. Armstrong, 2005. "Would Mandatory Attendance Be Effective for Economics Classes?," General Economics and Teaching 0502010, EconWPA.
- JS Armstrong & Fred Collopy, 2004. "Integration of Statistical Methods and Judgment for Time Series," General Economics and Teaching 0412024, EconWPA.
- Deirdre N. McCloskey & Stephen T. Ziliak, 1996. "The Standard Error of Regressions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(1), pages 97-114, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.