Credit Rationing in a Basic Agent-Based Model
AbstractA simple agent-based model of business units lending money to one another is sufficient to understand on what conditions avalanches of bankruptcies may arise. The model highlights the consequences of specialisation into money lending as well as the impact of preferential lending relations.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by EconWPA in its series Finance with number 0505002.
Length: 15 pages
Date of creation: 03 May 2005
Date of revision:
Note: Type of Document - pdf; pages: 15
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://22.214.171.124
Financial Fragility; Avalanches of Bankruptcies; Agent-Based Models;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G - Financial Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-05-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2005-05-07 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CFN-2005-05-07 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-ENT-2005-05-07 (Entrepreneurship)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vercelli, Alessandro, 2000. "Structural financial instability and cyclical fluctuations," Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 139-156, July.
- Nigel Gilbert & Pietro Terna, 2000. "How to build and use agent-based models in social science," Mind and Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 1(1), pages 57-72, March.
- Iori, Giulia & Jafarey, Saqib, 2001.
"Criticality in a model of banking crises,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 299(1), pages 205-212.
- Iori, Giulia, 2004. "An analysis of systemic risk in alternative securities settlement architectures," Working Paper Series 0404, European Central Bank.
- Serena Sordi & Alessandro Vercelli, .
"Financial Fragility and Economic Fluctuations: Numerical Simulations and Policy Implications,"
Modeling, Computing, and Mastering Complexity 2003
20, Society for Computational Economics.
- Serena Sordi & Alessandro Vercelli, 2003. "Financial Fragility and Economic Fluctuations: Numerical Simulations and Policy Implications," Department of Economics University of Siena 407, Department of Economics, University of Siena.
- Martin Shubik, 2002.
"Money and the Monetization of Credit,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm257, Yale School of Management.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (EconWPA).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.