A Branch and Bound Method for Stochastic Global Optimization
AbstractA stochastic version of the branch and bound method is proposed for solving stochastic global optimization problems. The method, instead of deterministic bounds, uses stochastic upper and lower estimates of the optimal value of subproblems, to guide the partitioning process. Almost sure convergence of the method is proved and random accuracy estimates derived. Methods for constructing random bounds for stochastic global optimization problems are discussed. The theoretical considerations are illustrated with an example of a facility location problem.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis in its series Working Papers with number wp96065.
Date of creation: Jun 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: A-2361 Laxenburg
Web page: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Publications/Catalog/PUB_ONLINE.html
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- labbe, M. & Peeters, D. & Thisse, J.F., 1992.
"Location on Networks,"
9216, Universite Libre de Bruxelles - C.E.M.E..
- V.I. Norkin & Y.M. Ermoliev & A. Ruszczynski, 1994. "On Optimal Allocation of Indivisibles Under Uncertainty," Working Papers wp94021, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Lee, Der-Horng & Dong, Meng & Bian, Wen, 2010. "The design of sustainable logistics network under uncertainty," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 128(1), pages 159-166, November.
- Vlerk, Maarten H. van der & Klein Haneveld, W.K. & Drijver, S.J., 2000. "Asset liability management modeling using multi-stage mixed-integer stochastic programming," Research Report 00A52, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Klein Haneveld, W.K. & Vlerk, M.H. van der, 2000. "Optimizing electricity distribution using two-stage integer recourse models," Research Report 00A26, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Contreras, Ivan & Cordeau, Jean-François & Laporte, Gilbert, 2011. "Stochastic uncapacitated hub location," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 212(3), pages 518-528, August.
- repec:hal:wpaper:hal-00759677 is not listed on IDEAS
- Y.M. Ermoliev & V.I. Norkin, 1998. "Monte Carlo Optimization and Path Dependent Nonstationary Laws of Large Numbers," Working Papers ir98009, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.