On Augmented Lagrangian Decomposition Methods For Multistage Stochastic Programs
AbstractA general decomposition framework for large convex optimization problems based on augmented Lagrangians is described. The approach is then applied to multistage stochastic programming problems in two different ways: by decomposing the problem into scenarios or decomposing it into nodes corresponding to stages. In both cases the method has favorable convergence properties and a structure which makes it convenient for parallel computing environments.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis in its series Working Papers with number wp94005.
Date of creation: Feb 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: A-2361 Laxenburg
Web page: http://www.iiasa.ac.at/Publications/Catalog/PUB_ONLINE.html
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- C.H. Rosa & A. Ruszczynski, 1994. "On Augmented Lagrangian Decomposition Methods for Multistage Stochastic Programs," Working Papers wp94125, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alan Manne & Richard Richels, 1992. "Buying Greenhouse Insurance: The Economic Costs of CO2 Emission Limits," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 026213280x, December.
- Alan S. Manne & Richard G. Richels, 1991. "Global CO2 Emission Reductions - the Impacts of Rising Energy Costs," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 1), pages 87-108.
- A. Ruszczynski, 1992. "Augmented Lagrangian Decomposition for Sparse Convex Optimization," Working Papers wp92075, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- M. Makowski & L. Somlyody & D. Watkins, 1995. "Multiple Criteria Analysis for Regional Water Quality Management: the Nitra River Case," Working Papers wp95022, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
- Diana Barro & Elio Canestrelli, 2005. "Time and nodal decomposition with implicit non-anticipativity constraints in dynamic portfolio optimization," GE, Growth, Math methods 0510011, EconWPA.
- Diana Barro & Elio Canestrelli, 2011. "Combining stochastic programming and optimal control to solve multistage stochastic optimization problems," Working Papers 2011_24, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari", revised 2011.
- K. Kiwiel & C.H. Rosa & A. Ruszczynski, 1995. "Decomposition via Alternating Linearization," Working Papers wp95051, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.