Creative clusters in Europe: a microdata approach
AbstractCreative industries are highly concentrated forming clusters. One of the main problems for the identification of clusters of creative industries in Europe is the lack of data, constrained in practice to regions (NUTS 2) and influenced by the heterogeneity in the definition of NUTS across countries. This research uses firm-level data geo-referenced at address level and geostatistical modeling to identify clusters of creative industries in fifteen European countries. The procedure is independent of administrative divisions and national boundaries and allows to produce a precise geography of the clusters of creative industries in Europe.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by European Regional Science Association in its series ERSA conference papers with number ersa11p471.
Date of creation: Sep 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Welthandelsplatz 1, 1020 Vienna, Austria
Web page: http://www.ersa.org
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2011-11-14 (European Economics)
- NEP-EUR-2011-11-14 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-TUR-2011-11-14 (Tourism Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luciana Lazzeretti & Rafael Boix & Francesco Capone, 2008. "Do Creative Industries Cluster? Mapping Creative Local Production Systems in Italy and Spain," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 549-567.
- Luciana Lazzeretti & Rafael Boix & Francesco Capone, 2009. "Why do creative industries cluster? An analysis of the determinants of clustering of creative industries," IERMB Working Paper in economics 0902, Institut d'Estudis Regionals i Metropolitans de Barcelona.
- Crouch, Colin & Gales, Patrick Le & Trigilia, Carlo & Voelzkow, Helmut, 2001. "Local Production Systems in Europe: Rise or Demise?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199242511.
- Matthias Brachert & Mirko Titze & Alexander Kubis, 2011. "Identifying industrial clusters from a multidimensional perspective: Methodical aspects with an application to Germany," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(2), pages 419-439, 06.
- Boix, Rafael & Lazzeretti, Luciana, 2012. "Creative industries in Spain: a first view," Investigaciones Regionales, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 22, pages 181-206.
- Stefan Rehak & Martin Chovanec, 2012. "Exploring creative clusters using micro-geographic data," ERSA conference papers ersa12p562, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gunther Maier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.