Do Creative Industries Cluster? Mapping Creative Local Production Systems in Italy and Spain
AbstractAn important debate on the role of creativity and culture as factors in local economic development is distinctly emerging. Despite the emphasis put on the theoretical definition of these concepts, it is necessary to strengthen comparative research for the identification and analysis of the kind of creativity embedded in a given territory. Creative local production systems are identified, in Italy and Spain, that depart from local labour markets as territorial units and focus on two different kinds of creative industries: traditional cultural industries (publishing, music, architecture and engineering, performing arts) and technology-related creative industries (R&D, ICT, advertising). The results show a concentration of creative industries in the largest urban systems, although different patterns of concentration of creative industries are revealed between the two countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Taylor & Francis Journals in its journal Industry and Innovation.
Volume (Year): 15 (2008)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CIAI20
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Freeman, Alan, 2009. "London's cultural and creative industries – 2010 update," MPRA Paper 52542, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jun 2010.
- Catarina Selada & Ines Vilhena da Cunha & Elisabete Tomaz, 2011. "Creative Clusters in Low Density Areas: A Case-Study Approach," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1366, European Regional Science Association.
- Sara Santos Cruz & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2013. "The neglected heterogeneity of spatial agglomeration and co-location patterns of creative employment: evidence from Portugal," FEP Working Papers 508, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Filculescu Adina & Cantaragiu Ramona, 2013. "Innovation In The Creative Industries - Case Study Of An Event Planning Company," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 640-649, July.
- Boix, Rafael & Lazzeretti, Luciana, 2012. "Creative industries in Spain: a first view," Investigaciones Regionales, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 22, pages 181-206.
- Rafael Boix Domenech & José Luis Hervás Oliver & Blanca De Miguel Molina, 2014.
"“I want creative neighbours”. Do creative service industries spillovers cross regional boundaries?,"
SERMED 2014 Conference Papers
p20, Instituto Universitario de Análisis Económico y Social.
- Rafael Boix & José Luis Hervás-Oliver & Blanca De Miguel-Molina, 2013. "“I want creative neighbours”. Do creative service industries spillovers cross regional boundaries?," Working Papers 1315, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Luciana Lazzeretti & Rafael Boix & Francesco Capone, 2009. "Why do creative industries cluster? An analysis of the determinants of clustering of creative industries," IERMB Working Paper in economics 0902, Institut d'Estudis Regionals i Metropolitans de Barcelona.
- Tanja Sinozic & Franz Tödtling, 2014. "Adaptation and change in creative clusters: Findings from Vienna's New Media sector," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2014_01, Institute for the Environment and Regional Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Sadaf Bashir & Uwe Matzat & Bert Sadowski, 2014. "The Adoption of Information and Communication Technologies in the Design Sector and their impact on Firm Performance: Evidence from the Dutch Design Sector," Working Papers 14-01, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Feb 2014.
- Sebastien Chantelot & Peres Stephanie & Virol Stephane, 2011. "From Talent to Creative City: Towards a conceptual framework," ERSA conference papers ersa11p373, European Regional Science Association.
- Rafael Boix Domenech & Luciana Lazzeretti & JosÃ© Luis HervÃ s Oliver & Blanca De Miguel Molina & Borja Trujillo Ruiz, 2011. "Creative clusters in Europe: a microdata approach," ERSA conference papers ersa11p471, European Regional Science Association.
- Theodore Metaxas, 2012. "Urban Advantages and Disadvantages in Southeastern Europe: An Appreciation of Industrial Firms by Using Exploratory Factor Analysis," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(2), pages 81-104.
- Rafael Boix Domenech & Luciana Lazzeretti & Francesco Capone & Lisa De Propris & Daniel Sanchez, 2011. "The geography of creative industries in Europe: A comparison analysis in Italy, France, the United Kingdom, Spain and Portugal," ERSA conference papers ersa10p1501, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.