Creative industries in Spain: a first view
AbstractCreativity is the ability to generate something new, merging data,perceptions and matters in order to produce new and useful things. About 22% ofthe Spanish employees belong to the «creative class» and about 5.7% of the productioncomes from the «creative industries». Despite these data, the general researchfocusing on the creative economy in Spain is poor. The aim of this article is to fillthis space by providing a general view of the creative economy in Spain, focusedon the «creative industries». The article introduces the basic theoretical aspects, themeasurement of creativity, compared data about production, employment and thelocation of creative industries, as well as the discussion about policy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional in its journal Investigaciones Regionales.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 22 ()
Contact details of provider:
Postal: C/ Viladomat, 321 entresuelo - 08029 Barcelona, Teléfono y Fax: + 34 933101112, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Web: www.aecr.org, Web Investigaciones Regionales: www.investigacionesregionales.org
Phone: +34 93 310 11 12
Fax: +34 93 310 11 12
Web page: http://www.aecr.org/
More information through EDIRC
creativity; creative economy; creative industries; Spanish economy;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O40 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - General
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- García Gracia, Mª Isabel. & Zofío Prieto, José Luis & Herrarte Sánchez, Ainhoa & Moral Carcedo, Julian, 2009. "La aportación económica de la industria de la cultura y el ocio en España/," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 27, pages 63-88, Abril.
- Luciana Lazzeretti & Rafael Boix & Francesco Capone, 2008. "Do Creative Industries Cluster? Mapping Creative Local Production Systems in Italy and Spain," Industry & Innovation, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 549-567.
- Rafael Boix Domenech & Luciana Lazzeretti & JosÃ© Luis HervÃ s Oliver & Blanca De Miguel Molina & Borja Trujillo Ruiz, 2011. "Creative clusters in Europe: a microdata approach," ERSA conference papers ersa11p471, European Regional Science Association.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Julieta Llungo Ortíz).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.