Risk Premia and Financial Modelling Without Measure Transformation
AbstractThis paper describes a financial market modelling framework that exploits the notion of a deflator. The demonstrations of the deflator measured in units of primary assets form a minimal set of basic financial quantities that completely specify overall market dynamics. Risk premia of asset prices are obtained as a natural consequence of the approach. Contingent claim prices are computed under the real world measure both in the case of complete and incomplete markets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney in its series Research Paper Series with number 45.
Date of creation: 01 Sep 2000
Date of revision:
financial market modelling; deflator; risk premium; contingent claim pricing; incomplete market;
Other versions of this item:
- Platen, Eckhard, 2000. "Risk premia and financial modelling without measure transformation," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2000,92, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- N. Hofmann & E. Platen & M. Schweizer, 1992.
"Option Pricing under Incompleteness and Stochastic Volatility,"
Discussion Paper Serie B
209, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Norbert Hofmann & Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 1992. "Option Pricing Under Incompleteness and Stochastic Volatility," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(3), pages 153-187.
- L. C. G. Rogers, 1997. "The Potential Approach to the Term Structure of Interest Rates and Foreign Exchange Rates," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(2), pages 157-176.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Eckhard Platen, 1999. "A Minimal Share Market Model with Stochastic Volatility," Research Paper Series 21, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Wolfgang Hardle & Torsten Kleinow & Alexander Korostelev & Camille Logeay & Eckhard Platen, 2001. "Semiparametric Diffusion Estimation and Application to a Stock Market Model," Research Paper Series 51, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Rei[ss], Oliver & Schoenmakers, John & Schweizer, Martin, 2007. "From structural assumptions to a link between assets and interest rates," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 593-612, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Duncan Ford).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.