Institutional Analysis of Financial Market Fragmentation in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Risk-Cost Configuration Approach
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER) in its series Working Paper Series with number RP2006/87.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
financial markets; institutions; risk-cost analysis; sub-Saharan Africa;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Janine Aron, 1998.
"Political, economic and social institutions: A review of growth evidence,"
CSAE Working Paper Series
1998-04, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Janine Aron, 1997. "Political, economic and social institutions: a review of growth evidence," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1998-04, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Marcel Fafchamps, 2004. "Market Institutions in Sub-Saharan Africa: Theory and Evidence," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262062364, June.
- Jonathan Conning & Christopher Udry, 2005.
"Rural Financial Markets in Developing Countries,"
914, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Greif, Avner & Milgrom, Paul & Weingast, Barry R, 1994. "Coordination, Commitment, and Enforcement: The Case of the Merchant Guild," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 745-76, August.
- Greif, Avner, 1993. "Contract Enforceability and Economic Institutions in Early Trade: the Maghribi Traders' Coalition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 525-48, June.
- Besley, T. & Coate, S., 1991.
"Group Lending, Repayment Incentives And Social Collateral,"
152, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Development Studies.
- Besley, Timothy & Coate, Stephen, 1995. "Group lending, repayment incentives and social collateral," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Besley, Timothy, 1995.
"Savings, credit and insurance,"
Handbook of Development Economics,
in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 36, pages 2123-2207
- Machiko Nissanke & Alice Sindzingre, 2006. "Institutional Foundations for Shared Growth in Sub‐Saharan Africa," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 18(3), pages 353-391.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1989. "Markets, Market Failures, and Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(2), pages 197-203, May.
- Saito, Katrine Anderson & Villanueva, Delano P, 1981. "Transaction Costs of Credit to the Small-Scale Sector in the Philippines," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(3), pages 631-40, April.
- North, Douglass C., 1989. "Institutions and economic growth: An historical introduction," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(9), pages 1319-1332, September.
- Bell, Clive, 1990. "Interactions between Institutional and Informal Credit Agencies in Rural India," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 297-327, September.
- Coase, R H, 1992.
"The Institutional Structure of Production,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 713-19, September.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E, 1990. "Imperfect Information and Rural Credit Markets--Puzzles and Policy Perspectives," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 235-50, September.
- Adam, Christopher S. & O'Connell, Stephen A., 1998.
"Aid, taxation, and development: analytical perspectives on aid effectiveness in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
1885, The World Bank.
- Christopher Adam & Stephen A. O`Connell, 1997. "Aid, taxation and development: analytical perspectives on aid effectiveness in Sub-Saharan Africa," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/1997-05, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Fry, Maxwell J., 1982. "Models of financially repressed developing economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 10(9), pages 731-750, September.
- Masakure, Oliver & Cranfield, John & Henson, Spencer, 2008. "The Financial Performance of Non-farm Microenterprises in Ghana," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 2733-2762, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bruck Tadesse).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.