Bundling in Exchange Markets with Indivisible Goods
AbstractWe study efficient and individually rational exchange rules for markets with heterogeneous indivisible goods that exclude the possibility that an agent benefits by bundling goods in her endowment. Even if agents'' preferences are additive, no such rule exists.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR) in its series Research Memorandum with number 027.
Date of creation: 2005
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Klaus, Bettina & Dimitrov, Dinko & Haake, Claus-Jochen, 2006. "Bundling in exchange markets with indivisible goods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 106-110, October.
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Murat Atlamaz & Bettina Klaus, 2003.
"Manipulation via Endowments in Exchange Markets with Indivisible Goods,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
598.04, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Murat Atlamaz & Bettina Klaus, 2007. "Manipulation via Endowments in Exchange Markets with Indivisible Goods," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Shapley, Lloyd & Scarf, Herbert, 1974. "On cores and indivisibility," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 23-37, March.
- Tayfun Sonmez, 1999. "Strategy-Proofness and Essentially Single-Valued Cores," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(3), pages 677-690, May.
- Sertel, Murat R. & Ozkal-Sanver, Ipek, 2002.
"Manipulability of the men- (women-) optimal matching rule via endowments,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 65-83, September.
- Murat Sertel, 2000. "Manipulability of the Men-(Women) Optimal Matching Rule via Endowments," Departmental Working Papers 0014, Bilkent University, Department of Economics.
- Dinko Dimitrov & Claus-Jochen Haake, 2005. "Regrouping of endowments in exchange markets with indivisible goods," Working Papers 367, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Postlewaite, Andrew, 1979. "Manipulation via Endowments," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 255-62, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Charles Bollen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.