Shifting From the Home to the Market: Accounting for Women's Work in Taiwan, 1965-1995
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst in its series Working Papers with number wp24.
Date of creation: 2001
Date of revision:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-09-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2002-09-28 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2002-09-28 (South East Asia)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schuler, Sidney Ruth & Hashemi, Syed Mesbahuddin & Riley, Ann P., 1997. "The influence of women's changing roles and status in Bangladesh's fertility transition: Evidence from a study of credit programs and contraceptive use," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 563-575, January.
- Abadian, Sousan, 1996. "Women's autonomy and its impact on fertility," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 24(12), pages 1793-1809, December.
- Luisella Goldschmidt-Clermont and Elisabetta Pagnossin-Aligisakis, 1995. "Measures of Unrecorded Economic Activities in Fourteen Countries," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-1995-02, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Young, Alwyn, 1995. "The Tyranny of Numbers: Confronting the Statistical Realities of the East Asian Growth Experience," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(3), pages 641-80, August.
- Duncan Ironmonger, 1996. "Counting outputs, capital inputs and caring labor: Estimating gross household product," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 37-64.
- Benhabib, Jess & Rogerson, Richard & Wright, Randall, 1991.
"Homework in Macroeconomics: Household Production and Aggregate Fluctuations,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(6), pages 1166-87, December.
- Jess Benhabib & Richard Rogerson & Randall Wright, 1991. "Homework in macroeconomics: household production and aggregate fluctuations," Staff Report 135, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Juster, F. Thomas & Stafford, Frank P., 1990.
"The Allocation of Time: Empirical Findings, Behavioural Models, and Problems of Measurement,"
Working Paper Series
258, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Juster, F Thomas & Stafford, Frank P, 1991. "The Allocation of Time: Empirical Findings, Behavioral Models, and Problems of Measurement," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 29(2), pages 471-522, June.
- Stephen L. Parente & Richard Rogerson & Randall Wright, 2000. "Homework in Development Economics: Household Production and the Wealth of Nations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 680-687, August.
- Goldschmidt-Clermont, Luisella, 1993. "Monetary Valuation of Non-market Productive Time Methodological Considerations," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 39(4), pages 419-33, December.
- Bloom, David E & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 1998.
"Demographic Transitions and Economic Miracles in Emerging Asia,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 12(3), pages 419-55, September.
- David E. Bloom & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 1997. "Demographic Transitions and Economic Miracles in Emerging Asia," NBER Working Papers 6268, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kathleen Cloud & Nancy Garrett, 1996. "A modest proposal for inclusion of women's household human capital production in analysis of structural transformation," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 93-119.
- Gunseli Berik, 2000. "Mature Export-Led Growth and Gender Wage Inequality in Taiwan," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 1-26.
- Gronau, Reuben, 1973.
"The Effect of Children on the Housewife's Value of Time,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages S168-99, Part II, .
- Reuben Gronau, 1974. "The Effect of Children on the Housewife's Value of Time," NBER Chapters, in: Economics of the Family: Marriage, Children, and Human Capital, pages 457-490 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Iulie Aslaksen & Trude Fagerli & Hanne Gravningsmyhr, 1996. "An estimation of time and commodity intensity in unpaid household production in Norway," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 81-91.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Judy Fogg).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.