Board of Directors’ Involvement in Strategic Decision Making Process: Definition and Literature Review
AbstractOver the past few years, research in corporate governance has devoted increased attention to board of directors’ involvement in the strategic decision making process. But in spite of its growing interest, the literature provides theoretical pluralism and mixed empirical results. Indeed, the concept has not been well defined by past studies and there is no consensus about its operationalization. In this paper, we review the literature on board’s involvement in the strategic decision making process and question the definitions of this phenomenon and if an operational measure can be proposed for future research.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg in its series Working Papers of BETA with number 2011-22.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: PEGE. 61, Aven. de la Forêt-Noire 67000 Strasbourg
Phone: +33 3 68 85 20 69
Fax: +33 3 68 85 20 70
Web page: http://www.beta-umr7522.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Board of Directors; Strategic Decision Making Process; Board involvement; Corporate Governance.;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre Dehez & Daniela Tellone, 2013.
"Data Games: Sharing Public Goods with Exclusion,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 15(4), pages 654-673, 08.
- DEHEZ, Pierre & TELLONE, Daniela, 2008. "Data games. Sharing public goods with exclusion," CORE Discussion Papers 2008010, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pierre, DEHEZ & Daniela, TELLONE, 2008. "Data games. Sharing public goods with exclusion," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2008010, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Pierre Dehez & Daniela Tellone, 2011. "Data games: Sharing public goods with exclusion," Working Papers of BETA 2011-04, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Pierre Dehez & Daniela Tellone, 2009. "Data Games : Sharing public goods with exclusion," Working Papers of BETA 2009-31, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.