Duopoly in the Japanese Airline Market: Bayesian Estimation for the Entry Game
AbstractThis paper provides an econometric analysis on a duopoly game in the Japanese domestic airline market. We establish a novel Bayesian estimation approach for the entry game, which is free from the conventional identification problem and thus allows the incorporation of flexible inference techniques. We find asymmetric strategic interactions between Japanese firms, which implies that competition will still be influenced by the former regulation regime. Furthermore, our prediction analysis indicates that the new Shizuoka airport will suffer from a lack of demand.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo in its series CIRJE F-Series with number CIRJE-F-763.
Date of creation: Oct 2010
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hongo 7-3-1, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0033
Web page: http://www.cirje.e.u-tokyo.ac.jp/index.html
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Shinya Sugawara & Yasuhiro Omori, 2012. "Duopoly In The Japanese Airline Market: Bayesian Estimation For The Entry Game," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 310-332, 09.
- Shinya Sugawara & Yasuhiro Omori, 2011. "Duopoly in the Japanese Airline Market: Bayesian Estimation for the Entry Game," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-797, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- NEP-ALL-2010-10-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2010-10-16 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-ECM-2010-10-16 (Econometrics)
- NEP-IND-2010-10-16 (Industrial Organization)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.