Okun’s Law, Creation of Money and the Decomposition of the Rate of Unemployment
AbstractIn this paper, we show that the rate of unemployment in period t depends on GDP and inflation rate in period t-1. We then show that GDP is related to money creation, and subsequently that the rate of unemployment is a decreasing function of this creation.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke in its series Cahiers de recherche with number 06-20.
Length: 6 pages
Date of creation: 2006
Date of revision:
Creation of Money; Decomposition; GDP; Rate of Unemployment;
Other versions of this item:
- Mussard, Stéphane & Philippe, Bernard, 2009. "Okun's law, creation of money and the decomposition of the rate of unemployment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 7-9, January.
- Mussard, Stéphane & Philippe, Bernard, 2006. "Okun's Law, Creation of Money and the Decomposition of the Rate of Unemployment," IRISS Working Paper Series 2006-08, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- E20 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2006-11-25 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2006-11-25 (Monetary Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mussard, Stephane & Peypoch, Nicolas, 2006. "On multi-decomposition of the aggregate Malmquist productivity index," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(3), pages 436-443, June.
- Kovács Ildikó & Marton Noémi & Patka Kinga & Páll Katalin, 2010. "The Determinats Of The Unemployment Rate - Empirical Evidence From Romania," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 277-282, December.
- Bernard Philippe & Stéphane Mussard, 2010.
"On the Links Between Unemployment Rate, Monetary Creation and the Value-added Sharing,"
Cahiers de recherche
10-05, Departement d'Economique de la Faculte d'administration à l'Universite de Sherbrooke.
- Mussard, Stéphane & Philippe, Bernard, 2011. "On the links between unemployment rate, monetary creation and the value-added sharing," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 767-774, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Luc Savard).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.