Core Equivalences for Equilibria Supported by Non-linear Prices
AbstractThe goal of this paper is to provide some new cooperative characterizations and optimality properties of competitive equilibria supported by non-linear prices. The general framework is that of economies whose commodity space is an ordered topological vector space which need not be a vector lattice. The central notion of equilibrium is the one of personalized equilibrium introduced by Aliprantis, Tourky and Yannelis (2001). Following Herves-Beloso and Moreno-Garcia (2008), the veto power of the grand coalition is exploited in the original economy and in a suitable family of economies associated to the original one. The use of Aubin coalitions allows us to connect results with the arbitrage free condition due to non-linear supporting prices. The use of rational allocations allows us to dispense with Lyapunov convexity theorem. Applications are provided in connection with strategic market games and economies with asymmetric information.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy in its series CSEF Working Papers with number 309.
Date of creation: 11 Apr 2012
Date of revision:
Publication status: published in Positivity, 2012, DOI: 10.1007/s11117-012-0195-3
Non-linear supporting prices; ordered vector spaces; personalized equilibrium; rational allocation; Edgeworth equilibrium; Aubin core; robustly efficient allocation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- C71 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Cooperative Games
- D46 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Value Theory
- D51 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Exchange and Production Economies
- D61 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Allocative Efficiency; Cost-Benefit Analysis
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-GTH-2012-04-23 (Game Theory)
- NEP-MIC-2012-04-23 (Microeconomics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charalambos D. Apliprantis & Monique Florenzano & Rabee Tourky, 2003.
"Linear And Non-Linear Price Decentralization,"
Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
867, The University of Melbourne.
- Charalambos Aliprantis & Monique Florenzano & Rabee Tourky, 2005. "Linear and non-linear price decentralization," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00086101, HAL.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Monteiro, Paulo K. & Tourky, Rabee, 2004. "Non-marketed options, non-existence of equilibria, and non-linear prices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 114(2), pages 345-357, February.
- Ezra Einy & Diego Moreno & Benyamin Shitovitz, 2001.
"Competitive and core allocations in large economies with differential information,"
Springer, vol. 18(2), pages 321-332.
- Einy, Ezra & Moreno, Diego & Shitovitz, Benyamin, . "Competitive and core allocations in large economies with differential information," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/4223, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Tourky, Rabee & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2001. "A Theory of Value with Non-linear Prices: Equilibrium Analysis beyond Vector Lattices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 22-72, September.
- repec:ltr:wpaper:1997.03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Achille Basile & Anna Simone & Maria Graziano, 1996. "On the aubin-like characterization of competitive equilibria in infinite dimensional economies," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 187-203, March.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, D. J., 1982.
"Equilibrium in Markets with a Riesz Space of Commodities,"
427, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J., 1983. "Equilibria in markets with a Riesz space of commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 189-207, April.
- Maria Gabriella Graziano, 2001. "Equilibria in infinite-dimensional production economies with convexified coalitions," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 121-139.
- Charalambos Aliprantis & Monique Florenzano & Rabee Tourky, 2006.
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Florenzano, Monique & Tourky, Rabee, 2004.
"General equilibrium analysis in ordered topological vector spaces,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 247-269, June.
- Charalambos Aliprantis & Monique Florenzano & Rabee Tourky, 2004. "General equilibrium analysis in ordered topological vector spaces," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00086791, HAL.
- Berliant, Marcus & Dunz, Karl, 1990. "Nonlinear supporting prices : The superadditive case," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 357-367.
- Hervés-Beloso, Carlos & Moreno-García, Emma, 2009. "Walrasian analysis via two-player games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 220-233, January.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1986. "The Price Equilibrium Existence Problem in Topological Vector Lattice s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1039-53, September.
- Monique Florenzano & Valeri Marakulin, 2000. "Production Equilibria in Vector Lattices," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1396, Econometric Society.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Richard, Scott F., 1991. "A new approach to the existence of equilibria in vector lattices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Tourky, Rabee, 1998.
"A New Approach to the Limit Theorem on the Core of an Economy in Vector Lattices,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 321-328, February.
- Yannelis, Nicholas C. & Zame, William R., 1986. "Equilibria in Banach lattices without ordered preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 85-110, April.
- Noguchi, Mitsunori, 2000. "A fuzzy core equivalence theorem," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 143-158, August.
- Podczeck, Konrad, 1996. "Equilibria in vector lattices without ordered preferences or uniform properness," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 465-485.
- Araujo, A. & Monteiro, P. K., 1989. "Equilibrium without uniform conditions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 416-427, August.
- Vind, Karl, 1972. "A Third Remark on the Core of an Atomless Economy," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 40(3), pages 585-86, May.
- Florenzano Monique, 1988. "Edgeworth equilibria, fuzzy core and equilibria of a production economy without ordered preferences," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 8822, CEPREMAP.
- Hervés-Beloso, Carlos & Moreno-Garcia, Emma, 2008. "Competitive equilibria and the grand coalition," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(7-8), pages 697-706, July.
- Carlos Hervés-Beloso & Emma Moreno-García & Nicholas Yannelis, 2005. "Characterization and incentive compatibility of Walrasian expectations equilibrium in infinite dimensional commodity spaces," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 361-381, 08.
- Monteiro, P.K. & Tourky, R., 2000. "Mas-Colell Price Equilibrium Existence Theorem the Case of Smooth Disposal," Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications 2000.82, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lia Ambrosio).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.