Production Equilibria in Vector Lattices
AbstractThe general purpose of this paper is to prove quasiequilibrium existence theorems for production economies with general consumption sets in an infinite dimensional commodity space, without assuming any monotonicity of preferences or free-disposal in production. The commodity space is a vector lattice commodity space whose topological dual is a sublattice of its order dual. We formulate two kinds of properness concepts for agents' preferences and production sets, which reduce to more classical ones when the commodity space is locally convex and the consumption sets coincide with the positive cone. Assuming properness allows for extension theorems of quasiequilibrium prices obtained for the economy restricted to some order ideal of the commodity space. As an application, the existence of quasiequilibrium in the whole economy is proved without any assumption of monotonicity of preferences or free-disposal in production.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Econometric Society in its series Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers with number 1396.
Date of creation: 01 Aug 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Phone: 1 212 998 3820
Fax: 1 212 995 4487
Web page: http://www.econometricsociety.org/pastmeetings.asp
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J. & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1987. "Edgeworth equilibria in production economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 252-291, December.
- Jones, Larry E, 1984.
"A Competitive Model of Commodity Differentiation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 507-30, March.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J., 1983.
"Equilibria in markets with a Riesz space of commodities,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 189-207, April.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, D. J., 1982. "Equilibrium in Markets with a Riesz Space of Commodities," Working Papers 427, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Richard, Scott F., 1991. "A new approach to the existence of equilibria in vector lattices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Donald J. Brown & Charalambos Aliprantis & Owen Burkinshaw, 1985.
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
756R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Zame, William R, 1987. "Competitive Equilibria in Production Economies with an Infinite-Dimensional Commodity Space," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1075-1108, September.
- Tourky, Rabee, 1998.
"A New Approach to the Limit Theorem on the Core of an Economy in Vector Lattices,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 321-328, February.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Zame, William R., 1991. "Equilibrium theory in infinite dimensional spaces," Handbook of Mathematical Economics, in: W. Hildenbrand & H. Sonnenschein (ed.), Handbook of Mathematical Economics, edition 1, volume 4, chapter 34, pages 1835-1898 Elsevier.
- Araujo, A. & Monteiro, P. K., 1989. "Equilibrium without uniform conditions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 416-427, August.
- Boyd, John H, III & McKenzie, Lionel W, 1993. "The Existence of Competitive Equilibrium over an Infinite Horizon with Production and General Consumption Sets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Aliprantis, C.D. & R. & Tourky & Yannelis, N.C., 1998. "A Theory of Value With Auction Prices," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 670, The University of Melbourne.
- Tourky, Rabee, 1999.
"Production equilibria in locally proper economies with unbounded and unordered consumers,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 303-315, November.
- Darrell Duffie & William Zame, 1988.
"The Consumption-Based Capital Asset Pricing Model,"
88-10, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Podczeck, Konrad, 1996. "Equilibria in vector lattices without ordered preferences or uniform properness," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 465-485.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1986. "The Price Equilibrium Existence Problem in Topological Vector Lattice s," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1039-53, September.
- Bewley, Truman F., 1972. "Existence of equilibria in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 514-540, June.
- Marakulin, Valeri M., 1998. "Production equilibria in vector lattices with unordered preferences : an approach using finite-dimensional approximations," CEPREMAP Working Papers (Couverture Orange) 9821, CEPREMAP.
- Back, Kerry, 1988. "Structure of consumption sets and existence of equilibria in infinite-dimensional spaces," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 89-99, February.
- Aliprantis, C. D. & Tourky, R. & Yannelis, N. C., 2000. "The Riesz-Kantorovich formula and general equilibrium theory," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 55-76, August.
- Nizar Allouch & Monique Florenzano, 2004.
"Edgeworth and Walras equilibria of an arbitrage-free exchange economy,"
Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 353-370, January.
- Allouch, N. & Florenzano, M., 2000. "Edgeworth and Walras Equilibria of an Arbitrage-Free Exchange Economy," Papiers d'Economie MathÃÂ©matique et Applications 2000.119, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Nizar Allouch & Monique Florenzano, 2004. "Edgeworth and Walras equilibria of an arbitrage-free exchange economy," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00086096, HAL.
- Nizar Allouch, 2000. "Edgeworth and Walras Equilibria of an Arbitrage-Free Exchange Economy," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1901, Econometric Society.
- Achille Basile & Maria Gabriella Graziano, 2012. "Core Equivalences for Equilibria Supported by Non-linear Prices," CSEF Working Papers 309, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Marakulin, V., 2011. "Contracts and Domination in Competitive Economies," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, issue 9, pages 10-32.
- Charalambos D. Aliprantis & Monique Florenzano & Rabee Tourky, 2004. "Equilibria in production economies," Cahiers de la Maison des Sciences Economiques b04116, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.