The Existence of Competitive Equilibrium over an Infinite Horizon with Production and General Consumption Sets
AbstractAlthough many theorems have been proved on the existence of competitive equilibrium in production economies with an infinite set of goods and a finite set of consumers, nearly all suff er from a major defect. The consumption possibility sets are required t o equal the positive orthant. This rules out trade in personal service s and it does not allow for substitutions between goods on the subsistence boundary. Using methods similar to B. Peleg and M. E. Yaari (1970), the authors show both equilibrium existence and core equivalence for economies with production and general consumption sets. Copyright 1993 by Economics Department of the University of Pennsylvania and the Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association in its journal International Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 34 (1993)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 160 McNeil Building, 3718 Locust Walk, Philadelphia, PA 19104-6297
Phone: (215) 898-8487
Fax: (215) 573-2057
Web page: http://www.econ.upenn.edu/ier
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rabee Tourky, 1997.
"Production Equilibria in Locally proper Economies with Unbounded and Unordered Consumers,"
1997.01, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Tourky, Rabee, 1999. "Production equilibria in locally proper economies with unbounded and unordered consumers," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 303-315, November.
- Kaori Hasegawa, 2000. "The Second Fundamental Theorem of Welfare Economics and the Existence of Competitive Equilibrium over an Infinite Horizon with General Consumption Sets," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1377, Econometric Society.
- Allouch, Nizar & Wooders, Myrna, 2008. "Price taking equilibrium in economies with multiple memberships in clubs and unbounded club sizes," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 140(1), pages 246-278, May.
- Sun, Ning & Kusumoto, Sho-Ichiro, 1997. "A note on the Boyd-McKenzie theorem," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 327-332, September.
- Rabee Tourky, 1997.
"A New Approach to the Lmit Theorem on the Core of an Economy in Vector Lattices,"
1997.03, School of Economics, La Trobe University.
- Tourky, Rabee, 1998. "A New Approach to the Limit Theorem on the Core of an Economy in Vector Lattices," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 321-328, February.
- Monique Florenzano & Valeri Marakulin, 2000. "Production Equilibria in Vector Lattices," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1396, Econometric Society.
- van der Laan, Gerard & Withagen, Cees, 2003. "Quasi-equilibrium in economies with infinite dimensional commodity spaces: a truncation approach," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 423-444, January.
- Suzuki, Takashi, 2013. "Core and competitive equilibria of a coalitional exchange economy with infinite time horizon," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 234-244.
- Charalambos Aliprantis & Kim Border & Owen Burkinshaw, 1996. "Market economies with many commodities," Decisions in Economics and Finance, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 113-185, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.