Production equilibria in locally proper economies with unbounded and unordered consumers
AbstractWe prove a theorem on the existence of general equilibrium for a production economy with unordered preferences in a topological vector lattice commodity space. Our consumption sets need not have a lower bound and the set of feasible allocations need not be topologically bounded. Furthermore, we assume that the economy is locally proper as opposed to uniformly proper. In particular, preferences satisfy a locally uniform version of Yannelis and Zame's (1986) extreme desirability condition.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Mathematical Economics.
Volume (Year): 32 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, D. J., 1982.
"Equilibrium in Markets with a Riesz Space of Commodities,"
427, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J., 1983. "Equilibria in markets with a Riesz space of commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 189-207, April.
- Yannelis, Nicholas C. & Zame, William R., 1986. "Equilibria in Banach lattices without ordered preferences," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 85-110, April.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1975. "A model of equilibrium with differentiated commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 263-295.
- Chichilnisky, G., 1992.
"The Cone Condition Properness, and Extremely Desirable Commodities,"
1992_09, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Chichilnisky, Graciela, 1993. "The Cone Condition, Properness, and Extremely Desirable Commodities," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 177-82, January.
- Zame, William R, 1987. "Competitive Equilibria in Production Economies with an Infinite-Dimensional Commodity Space," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(5), pages 1075-1108, September.
- Araujo, A. & Monteiro, P. K., 1989. "Equilibrium without uniform conditions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 416-427, August.
- Chichilnisky Graciela & Heal Geoffrey M., 1993. "Competitive Equilibrium in Sobolev Spaces without Bounds on Short Sales," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 364-384, April.
- Boyd, John H, III & McKenzie, Lionel W, 1993. "The Existence of Competitive Equilibrium over an Infinite Horizon with Production and General Consumption Sets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 34(1), pages 1-20, February.
- Bewley, Truman F., 1972. "Existence of equilibria in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 514-540, June.
- Kreps, David M., 1981. "Arbitrage and equilibrium in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 15-35, March.
- Back, Kerry, 1988. "Structure of consumption sets and existence of equilibria in infinite-dimensional spaces," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 89-99, February.
- Donald J. Brown & Charalambos Aliprantis & Owen Burkinshaw, 1985.
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
756R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Richard, Scott F. & Zame, William R., 1986. "Proper preferences and quasi-concave utility functions," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 231-247, June.
- Aliprantis, Charalambos D. & Brown, Donald J. & Burkinshaw, Owen, 1987. "Edgeworth equilibria in production economies," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 252-291, December.
- Richard, Scott F., 1989. "A new approach to production equilibria in vector lattices," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 41-56, February.
- Monique Florenzano & Valeri Marakulin, 2000. "Production Equilibria in Vector Lattices," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1396, Econometric Society.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.