Competitive and core allocations in large economies with differential information
AbstractWe study the core and competitive allocations in exchange economies with a continuum of traders and differential information. We show that if the economy is "irreducible", then a competitive equilibrium, in the sense of Radner (1968, 1982), exists. Moreover, the set of competitive equilibrium allocations coincides with the "private core" (Yannelis, 1991). We also show that the "weak fine core" of an economy coincides with the set of competitive allocations of an associated symmetric information economy in which the traders information is the joint information of all the traders in the original economy.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Springer in its journal Economic Theory.
Volume (Year): 18 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/00199/index.htm
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D50 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - General
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- João Correia-da-Silva & Carlos Hervés-Beloso, 2012. "General equilibrium in economies with uncertain delivery," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 729-755, November.
- Evren, Özgür & Hüsseinov, Farhad, 2008. "Theorems on the core of an economy with infinitely many commodities and consumers," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1180-1196, December.
- Sun, Yeneng & Yannelis, Nicholas C., 2007. "Core, equilibria and incentives in large asymmetric information economies," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 131-155, October.
- FORGES, Françoise & MINELLI, Enrico & VOHRA, Rajiv, 2001.
"Incentives and the core of an exchange economy: a survey,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2001043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Forges, Francoise & Minelli, Enrico & Vohra, Rajiv, 2002. "Incentives and the core of an exchange economy: a survey," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(1-2), pages 1-41, September.
- Francoise Forges & Enrico Minelli & Rajiv Vohra, 2000. "Incentives and the Core of an Exchange Economy: A Survey," Working Papers 2000-22, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Richard McLean & Andrew Postlewaite, 2003.
"Core Convergence with Asymmetric Information,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
03-027, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- Bhowmik, Anuj & Cao, Jiling, 2011. "Infinite dimensional mixed economies with asymmetric information," MPRA Paper 35618, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bhowmik, Anuj & Cao, Jiling, 2013. "Robust efficiency in mixed economies with asymmetric information," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 49-57.
- Wassim Daher & V. Filipe Martins-Da-Rocha & Yiannis Vailakis, 2005. "Asset market equilibrium with short-selling and differential information," Post-Print halshs-00173787, HAL.
- Einy, Ezra & Moreno, Diego & Shitovitz, Benyamin, 2002. "Information Advantage in Cournot Oligopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 151-160, September.
- Angeloni, Laura & Martins-da-Rocha, Victor-Filipe, 2009. "Large economies with differential information and without free disposal," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2344, Paris Dauphine University.
- Flåm, Sjur Didrik & Koutsougeras, L., 2007.
"Private Information, Transferable Utility, and the Core,"
Working Papers in Economics
04/07, University of Bergen, Department of Economics.
- S. Flåm & L. Koutsougeras, 2010. "Private information, transferable utility, and the core," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 42(3), pages 591-609, March.
- S D Flåm & L Koutsougeras, 2005. "Private Information, Transferable Utility, and the Core," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0512, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- S. D. Flåm. & L. Koutsougeras, 2007. "Private information, transferable utility,and the core," The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series 0703, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Marialaura Pesce, 2010. "On mixed markets with asymmetric information," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 23-53, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn) or (Christopher F Baum).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.