Earnings From Foreign Direct Investment: Possible Effects on Domestic Economies and Patterns in EU Countries
AbstractThe paper deals with the flow of earnings from inward and outward foreign direct investment. The paper starts with a review of some works which stress the intertemporal effects on the balance of payments and from it on the real sector of the economy. This is designed to give an introduction to the possible effects of earnings. Patterns of direct investment and earnings in the EU as a whole and in each member country are analysed.. The EU countries show different patterns with regard to both the size and the underlying trends of net incomes from foreign direct investment. This is followed by a more detailed analysis of the UK earnings position with each country of the European Union
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by London South Bank University CIBS in its series CIBS Research Papers in International Business with number 9-98.
Length: 34 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: London South Bank University Business School 103 Borough Road London SE1 0AA United Kingdom
Phone: +44 171 815 7731
Fax: +44 171 815 7076
Web page: http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/cibs
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2000-01-24 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul R. Krugman, 1985. "Increasing Returns and the Theory of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 1752, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Krugman, Paul, 1987. "The narrow moving band, the Dutch disease, and the competitive consequences of Mrs. Thatcher : Notes on trade in the presence of dynamic scale economies," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1-2), pages 41-55, October.
- Willem H. Buiter, 1979.
"Time Preference and International Lending and Borrowing in an Overlapping-Generations Model,"
NBER Working Papers
0352, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H, 1981. "Time Preference and International Lending and Borrowing in an Overlapping-Generations Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 769-97, August.
- Sachs, Jeffrey, 1982. " The Current Account in the Macroeconomic Adjustment Process," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 84(2), pages 147-59.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael Rigby).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.