La gestion du sanglier : modèle bioéconomique, dégâts agricoles et prix des chasses en forêt domaniale
Abstract[paper in French] Wild-boar can be considered both as a resource and as a pest. It causes collective damages and is also valued resource for recreative activity as hunting. The paper treats the economy of controlling a hunting game. A bio-economic model is presented and used for the analysis. The optimal population of big game is the one minimizing the present value of the hunter willingness to pay less agricultural damages with an infinite time horizon. We take into consideration the loss of the hunter welfare from a decrease in game population. For the empirical analysis, we used data on agricultural damages caused by wild-boar in order to reconstruct their population dynamics. Hunter marginal implicit prices for game hunting were estimated using the hedonic price method on a sample of hunting lease prices in eastern French forests. The long term equilibrium solutions can provide elements for optimal control strategies of wild-boar
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by INRA UMR SMART in its series Working Papers SMART - LERECO with number 200911.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 4, Allée Adolphe Bobierre, CS 61103, 35011 Rennes Cedex
Web page: http://www.rennes.inra.fr/smart_eng/publications/working_papers
More information through EDIRC
bio-economic model; management; hunting; agricultural damages; hedonic approach;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Horan & Erwin Bulte, 2004. "Optimal and Open Access Harvesting of Multi-Use Species in a Second-Best World," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 28(3), pages 251-272, July.
- Pope, C. Arden, III & Stoll, John R., 1985. "The Market Value Of Ingress Rights For White-Tailed Deer Hunting In Texas," Southern Journal of Agricultural Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 17(01), July.
- Rondeau, Daniel, 2001. "Along the Way Back from the Brink," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 156-182, September.
- Donald J. Cocheba & William A. Langford, 1978. "Wildlife Valuation: The Collective Good Aspect of Hunting," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 54(4), pages 490-504.
- Knoche, Scott & Lupi, Frank, 2007. "Valuing deer hunting ecosystem services from farm landscapes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 313-320, December.
- Carole Ropars-Collet & Philippe Le Goffe, 2009.
"Nuisible ou gibier ? Une analyse économique de la chasse des grands animaux en France,"
Working Papers SMART - LERECO
200918, INRA UMR SMART.
- Ropars-Collet, Carole, 2012. "Nuisible ou gibier? Une analyse économique de la chasse des grands animaux en France," Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, Editions NecPlus, vol. 92(02), pages 161-181, October.
- Carole Ropars-Collet & Philippe Le Goffe, 2011. "Nuisible ou gibier ? Une analyse économique de la chasse des grands animaux en France," Review of Agricultural and Environmental Studies - Revue d'Etudes en Agriculture et Environnement, INRA Department of Economics, vol. 92(2), pages 161-181.
- Carole Ropars-Collet & Philippe Le Goffe, 2009. "Nuisible ou gibier ? Une analyse économique de la chasse des grands animaux en France," Post-Print hal-00730031, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Chauvel).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.