Governing of agrarian innovations
AbstractThis paper adapts the principles of the new developing New Institutional and Transaction Cost Economics (integrating Economics, Organization, Law, Political and Behavioral Sciences) to the area of agrarian research and innovations. The major institutional, behavioral, dimensional, technological and transaction costs factors for governing research and innovation activities are determined. The specific market, private, public and hybrid modes for organization of agrarian innovations are specified. The effective boundaries of different governing modes are assessed, and needs and forms for public intervention in agrarian research and innovation are clarified.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 7784.
Date of creation: Mar 2008
Date of revision:
governance; agrarian research and innovation; research and innovation institutions; new institutional economics; public; private and hybrid organizations;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q16 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - R&D; Agricultural Technology; Biofuels; Agricultural Extension Services
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-25 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2008. "Governing of agrarian sustainability," MPRA Paper 7772, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- North, Douglass C, 1994.
"Economic Performance through Time,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 359-68, June.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2005. "Efficiecy Of Agrarian Organisations," Microeconomics 0511002, EconWPA.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2009.
"Understanding Efficiency of Agrarian Organisation,"
Annals of the University of Petrosani, Economics,
University of Petrosani, Romania, vol. 9(1), pages 27-42.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2010.
"Needs, Modes and Efficiency of Economic Organizations and Public Interventions in Agriculture,"
25979, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hrabrin Bachev, 2011. "Needs, Modes and Efficiency of Economic Organizations and Public Interventions in Agriculture," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 1, pages 89-103, June.
- Bachev, Hrabrin, 2012. "Framework for assessing efficiency of farms and agrarian organizations," MPRA Paper 40136, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.