Decomposition of external capital inflows and outflows in the small open transition economy (The case analysis of the Slovak republic)
AbstractThe main objective of the proceeding is to perform a logical decomposition of the structure of external capital inflows and outflows in the Slovak republic in order to analyze the main trends in the external financial integration and its development through the period of 1994-2006. In order to fulfill our objective we observe the changes in the structure of external financial assets and liabilities in order to provide the explanation of main trends in the external capital portfolio of the Slovak republic. Finally, we explore the implications of the accumulated stock of external capital for future trade and current account balances.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 7248.
Date of creation: Nov 2007
Date of revision:
financial integration; external capital structure; foreign financial assets; foreign financial liabilities; transition economies;
Other versions of this item:
- Rajmund Mirdala, 2008. "Decomposition of External Capital Inflows and Outflows in the Small Open Transition Economy (The Case Analysis of the Slovak Republic)," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 55(2), pages 219-231, June.
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2008-03-15 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2008-03-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-OPM-2008-03-15 (Open Economy Macroeconomic)
- NEP-TRA-2008-03-15 (Transition Economics)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Philip R. Lane & G.M. Milesi-Ferretti, 2003.
"International Financial Integration,"
Trinity Economics Papers
20031, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Lane, Philip R. & Milesi-Ferretti, Gian Maria, 2003. "International Financial Integration," CEPR Discussion Papers 3769, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gian Maria Milesi-Ferretti, & Philip R. Lane, 2003. "International Financial Integration," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp03, IIIS.
- Philip R. Lane & Gian-Maria Milesi-Ferretti, 2003. "International Financial Integration," IMF Working Papers 03/86, International Monetary Fund.
- János Kornai, 2006. "The great transformation of central and eastern Europe: success and disappointment," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2006(4), pages 435-466.
- Maurice Obstfeld., 1998.
"The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers
C98-098, University of California at Berkeley.
- Obstfeld, Maurice, 1998. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt3kn3n2s8, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 1998. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," NBER Working Papers 6559, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maurice Obstfeld, 2000. "The Global Capital Market: Benefactor or Menace?," International Finance 0004001, EconWPA.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 2005.
"Has Financial Development Made the World Riskier?,"
NBER Working Papers
11728, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Raghuram G. Rajan, 2005. "Has financial development made the world riskier?," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Aug, pages 313-369.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 2001. "Financial Policies and the Prevention of Financial Crises in Emerging Market Countries," NBER Working Papers 8087, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaromír Šindel, 2005. "The current account imbalance in the euro area member countries," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2005(2).
- Josef C. Brada & Vladimír Tomšík, 2004. "Foreign investment and perceptions of vulnerability to foreign exchange crises: evidence from transition economies," Politická ekonomie, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2004(3), pages 313-329.
- Bussière, Matthieu & Fratzscher, Marcel & Müller, Gernot J., 2004. "Current accounts dynamics in OECD and EU acceding countries - an intertemporal approach," Working Paper Series 0311, European Central Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.