Impacto do desinvestimento no mercado local de emprego: o caso de uma unidade da indústria metalomecânica
[Impact of divestment on the local employment market: a case of the metal industry]
AbstractThis paper is a draft contribution for a definition of the concept of divestment. This topic is still very influenced by definitions from the fields of economics or management. Thus, from a group of definitions and approaches developed by different authors we try to elaborate on this divestment concept, searching for indicators and variables related to this practice. The founded indicators allow us to identify the main consequences and the potential social impacts due to divestment situations. Also we try to develop a methodology of research for analysis and impact framework that come from divestment action of companies.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by University Library of Munich, Germany in its series MPRA Paper with number 6862.
Date of creation: Sep 2003
Date of revision: Dec 2003
divestment; company behaviour; social implications; local employment policies; metal industry;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- D21 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Firm Behavior: Theory
- R53 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Public Facility Location Analysis; Public Investment and Capital Stock
- A14 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Sociology of Economics
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gabriel Benito, 1997. "Divestment of foreign production operations," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(10), pages 1365-1378.
- Badguerahanian, Leon & Abetti, Pier A., 1995. "The rise and fall of the Merlin-Gerin Foundry Business: A case study in French corporate entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 477-493, November.
- Moniz, António & Gomes, Cláudia, 2002.
"Impactos sociais do desinvestimento
[Social Impacts of divestment]," MPRA Paper 5882, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Sep 2002.
- A. Pike, 1999. "The politics of factory closures and task forces in the north east region of England," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(6), pages 567-575.
- Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve & Wright, Mike, 2000. "The determinants of corporate divestment in the UK," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(8), pages 1201-1222, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.